Balding

Need advice regarding balding. Pic related is my current hairline. It was much better than this but suddenly began shedding at an insane pace around three months ago. I have been consulting a dermatologist and she said I have a bad case of dandruff that could be causing this. Thing is, dandruff wouldn't cause this much hair loss and she just seems clueless.
I noticed all hair I'm losing has a white bulb at the end, and the strands don't seem to have gotten thinner, they're just falling, and I always heard becoming thinner is a requirement of male pattern baldness. There is also no hair shedding from the top of my head, and there is a very slight shedding on the sides, so I'm thinking maybe it's not male pattern baldness and there is actually hope for me. What are the odds?

Attached: 16A599B4-95B7-4327-88F7-D65D087BB31C.jpg (1424x845, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencealert.com/plucking-hair-in-a-specific-pattern-could-encourage-5-times-more-growth
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you sound like kyleincel OP

Attached: YesIAmBased.jpg (506x477, 18K)

idk fix the dandruff see if that helps.

Already did and it helped nothing
Do you mean I look like him?

Dandruff = lots of dead skin

Dry scalp isn't very healthy. Need to be using a good quality conditioner and hair treatment.
Might want to add an anti-dandruf shampoo if you continue to have dry scalp after using better hair products.

The dead skin is a breeding ground for fungus and bacteria. This will give hair follicles problems growing.
No joke. Put monistat 7 on your sclap.
This will kill the bacteria on your scalp and help give your hair clear space to grow.

Also, it sounds like troll science..but brushing your hair often (with a dense bristle brush) will stimulate growth.
In the short term you will shed a bit, but pulling out the hair will prompt more hair to grow over time.

sciencealert.com/plucking-hair-in-a-specific-pattern-could-encourage-5-times-more-growth

Attached: 81-QIvUDfYL._SY355_.jpg (352x355, 29K)

user that's assuming dandruff is the cause of my hair shedding, I highly doubt it is, especially because it's specifically the hairline that is shedding and nothing else
I have also more or less taken care of that problem with the products she gave me, it's still shedding like crazy

Start using Nizoral shampoo. Should clear up your scalp for certain

Thanks but I'm more worried about whether it's MPB or not
To those who experienced it before: is thinning an obligatory step before the hairline recedes away? Can it happen extremely quickly, like going from 100 to 0 in a few months? And do fallen hairs have a white bulb or is that obligatory telogen effluvium? I did extensive search of all that and found nothing which is why I am turning to Jow Forums

Relax user no one goes bald in a couple months, takes years.
Also rest assured that even if it were balding which by what you say I'm about 99% sure its a skin condition, as long as you catch it early you keep your hair - it's possible to have it under control nowadays.
Is making an appointment with a dermatologist a possibility for you?
I honestly think this will fix your problem, give it a try first and foremost and see how it works out for you, good luck!

I am already consulting a dermatologist who is treating my condition. Not American so I don't have what you two recommended, but I'm using a shampoo she gave me that serves the same purpose. I used it for one month and she said my condition improved, and told me to keep using it, yet the shedding went by unaffected, which is why I'm suspecting she is wrong
Anyway I'll soon return to her with a blood test done, but I'm extremely anxious and even developing depression (something I never ever had) because of this hair loss, I'm fucking scared of having to go bald next year because that's what will happen at this rate

How many hairs a day (roughly speaking) are we talking about? It is extremely rare for someone to go bald in an year unless they have another condition that causes hair to fall off, like doing chemo treatment or something like that.
Male pattern baldness doesnt work like that.
Go for it and remember, even if it were to be balding there are several ways to keep your hair. You won't wake up an egghead.

I would say at least 100 hair strands from my hairline shed during a bath. Specifically from the hairline and specifically during a single bath, so it's probably many more during a full day. My hairline receded a lot during these three months. The very quick pace it's shedding and the lack of thinning is what gives me hope it's not MPB but even then I'm scared

Also from what I researched there actually aren't ways to keep the hair if it's MPB
There's finasteride which has severe side effects. It makes you grow manboobs, chemically castrates you (maybe for life), gives you depression and so on, after all you are messing up with your testosterone levels.
Everything else is not effective or practical

The average person loses between 60 to 100 hairs a day, if your scalp is irritated it can do so more still. The way MPB works is when the hair regrows its ever so slightly thinner until its almost invisible and then falls completely. So its not possible for it to happen in a very short period of time - someone can lose their hair at once, dont get me wrong but its not from that and not natural or related to aging.
There's a few misconceptions about finasteride, and its not in any way necessary to take the full dose that caused this side effects in a very small percentage of users. Look into minoxidil and as natural alternatives saw palmetto and coconut oil to nourish it.

Thanks user that puts me at ease, MPB really doesn't sound like what I am going through right now since it's just thick hair shedding all at once without regrowth.

Glad I could help.
Also if it helps a bit I had some MPB thinning 3 years ago and with proper care I have a full head of hair with not a patch and good volume.
I didnt suffer any side effects from fin or saw palmetto either. It's important not to panic and also not to go in hardcore on the treatments, things take a few months to start seeing effect and recovery,
May you keep your hair long and healthy.

What? That's a completely normal hairline.

OP I know exactly what you mean about the dandruff. Switch to Nizoral, it made my hair a lot healthier but you have to follow directions.

This experience is making me value my hair so much. It really is true that one must lose something in order to value it.

I was the user talking to him about MPB I dont think it is either, with the nizoral or equivalent, just make sure it has Ketoconazole which is the active ingredient, you'll be fine OP, keep your chin up.

>putting vaginal antifungal in your hair

troll science