How much protein do I need?

How much protein do I need?

Attached: Meat.jpg (400x225, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

redpenreviews.org/reviews/the-china-study-the-most-comprehensive-study-of-nutrition-ever-conducted-and-the-startling-implications-for-diet-weight-loss-and-long-term-health/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That much seems about right

As much as you can cram in that tight little girly mouth of yours Opie.

All of it

1.6 Grams er KG bodyweight

1.8 grams if you are on steroids

anything over than that will do nothing but stress your organs in the long run and you will piss it off, the retards eating 200-300 g protein a day would make the same progress with less organ stressing with half that and even less, also they would be able to train more by just eat less and not to wast time digesting fucking 200 grams of proteins and making more gainz but well this is /fit

hope it helped

Sure

800 lbs of poultry
2400 lbs of feline meat
25,000 lbs of canine meat

Attached: E1D49FF2-FBB2-432D-8B87-9B9C870E5A05.gif (320x245, 2.79M)

The more you workout the more you need. It's common sense.

0,8 - 1g /kg bodyweight

I weight about 220lbs
I bought into the whole ''you don't ACTUALLY need 1g per lb per day'' thing and while I was getting stronger I wasn't gaining as fast as I should have, bumped it up to around 240/250 grams per day and i'm finally making good gains now.

1g per lb of lean mass

OP the real answer is .8g per lb of lean body weight for optimal muscle gain. I personally do 1g per lb just because it's easier. It's pretty much universally accepted if you look at the research.

Check Sv3rige for a honest answer.

4 scoops c'mon

Wrong. Try reading some lit from the last 10 years with experienced lifters.

2.2g/kg to maximize hypertrophy natty with a year of experience.

I have no data on ideal protein intake on gear, though it's probably above 2.2g/lg

3.3g/kg+ will not show added hypertrophy but does improve body comp

>Protein stresses organs

This is a complete meme. Diets at 4.4g/kg have not shown any organ dysfunction. Beyond having a funky diet that's maybe more expensive or being and idiot and also getting too many calories by not regulated your diet otherwise, there's no downside to a high protein diet.

I can't speak to the organ stressing, but in general we overeat protein.

I know its a seperate species, but a cow goes from 85lbs at birth to 1100 - 1500 lbs in its first year drinking milk and eating grass.

The China study proved a lot with regards to animal protein affecting life expectancy by reducing geriatric cancer rates, but eating a plant based diet did increase stomach cancer rates, although very slightly.

People get really fired up about this topic on Jow Forums but virtually all studies have shown the number one evil shit food for people is added sugar.

Fat / protein, regardless of source, our bodies know what to do with. Added sugar (i.e., sugar with meat, sugar on potatoes, sugar in drinks, etc.) is something new entirely and has huge adverse health affects across all people, races and age groups.

The China Study is a good peer reviewed book on protein / source study and "pure, white and deadly" is the definitive peer reviewed study on added sugar epidemic in modern society.

>virtually all studies have shown the number one evil shit food for people is added sugar
No, there aren't any studies of a good quality that suggest sugar is bad for humans or similar species at usual intake levels. So you got it exactly backwards - sugar is harmless - this is also what you will find in position papers by organizations like the FAO. Sugar also remains harmless at exceptionally high intake levels in the context of somebody who is physically active (which is the default state for humans on an evolutionary scale, so it is more reasonable to say that sugar is harmless regardless of intake level)

However, there is a decades long scientific consensus that saturated fat is harmful to humans and countless other similar species, and this is not changed by physical activity.

The China Study is full of inaccuracies and unsubstantiated claims driven by the author's vegan bias, see here
redpenreviews.org/reviews/the-china-study-the-most-comprehensive-study-of-nutrition-ever-conducted-and-the-startling-implications-for-diet-weight-loss-and-long-term-health/

So this is a double wammy of wrongness

What macro do you recommend i eat in lieu of more protein? More carbs? More fats? Fuck outta here

I weight 195 with 160 lean body mass. I used to eat 60-80 g a day just upped it to 100-120. Think my muscles are already harder. Should I increase protein even more? Im only eating 1200 cal a day due to cutting so harder to push my h more.

I eat about 200-300g a day :/

How much do you weigh? You on lean bulk or cut?

You don't actually need any. Go Vegan user.

I eat 400grams carbs 200grams protein and 70grams fat a day I'm in a 3000 calorie lean bulk and workout 6 days a week. I'm currently 161 aiming for 175

Yes

> Sugar good
> Saturated fat bad
> High protein is fine
What meme diet is this?

all of them

2g/kg to 4g/kg depending on your kidneys

I wouldn't go as far as to say that refined sugar is universally "good", just that it's harmless when consumed as part of a decent diet. Refined sugar is good in an athletic context and sugar in general, whether natural or refined, has positive health effects - but natural sugars are just as good as refined and would be preferable in most cases.
Saturated fat being bad is just scientific consensus. And high intake of animal protein does have some universally accepted negative effects (like increased risk of kidney stones, and few others). However there is no reason to believe they cause cancer.

It isn't any meme diet, just normal scientific consensus.
However, related diets would be Ray Peat's (high sugar and protein, but also high saturated fat) and Durianrider's (high sugar and low saturated fat, but also low protein)
But I'm not even saying you should be consuming large amounts of sugar, just you can do that if you want, and you should consume fructose-containing sugar and/or fruits every day

>I know its a seperate species, but a cow goes from 85lbs at birth to 1100 - 1500 lbs in its first year drinking milk and eating grass.
Do you have the gut bacteria and extra stomachs? If not, irrelevant
I don't get how anything you say suggests we overeat protein. Did you mean undereat?
The modern diet is largely carbs. I'm not talking about SAD but about the world in general. They're cheaper and more accessible so we eat too much of them