Can the Starting Strength routine make you acceptable looking...

Can the Starting Strength routine make you acceptable looking? I see lots of people making fun of it after guys go fat-mode.

Does it give you any aesthetic benefit and can you lose weight doing it?

Attached: Yrnewx8.png (1027x731, 28K)

bros? :(

I did it and I got leaner and stronger, just dont eat like shit

Don't eat like a fatass, only a moderate surplus if you're already very underweight or lean.
Read the book and add in accessories when it says to add them in. And don't do it forever, quit and move on to something else when the book says to.

SS is fine as long as you do the programming as intended

Yeah don't gomad to much track macros right and deload squats liberally when you get shit form it'll give you good core strength without your squats overtaking every lift and going to t-rex. But you will go t-rex eventually on the programme just something you gotta accept

Attached: 1563172208971.png (640x478, 431K)

Gomad is a meme but it works if you aren't brain dead

It's a start. What really adds to your aesthetics and gives you definition are auxiliary lifts, like with dumbbells. For example, barbell OHP will make you stronger, but lateral extensions, front raises, and face pulls will give you more definition and aesthetics

Gomad is a meme
I'd you're skinny fat eat at a deficit, you will still get gains.
Watch your protein.

It's good for getting started but It only lasts 3-5 months. After that u need more volume, not less.

A lot of people fuck up and run Texas method or vanilla 531 and end up peaking then regressing due to not enough volume.

you can lose weight doing anything or nothing in the gym as long as your diet is correct
ss is fine but it’s designed for you to transition into powerlifting, weightlifting or playing football. if you want aesthetics, you’re gonna want something with more upper body work and also direct arm work

depends entirely on genetics. My friend and I both run SS, he started out at like 58 kilos and me at 61, same height 5'7.
I had to gain a bunch of weight to increase my lifts while he was a hardgainer but he could still keep up with me while barely gaining any weight. In the end we both escaped novice phase but he looks aesthetic in the beach with a 6pack and small waist while I look skinny fat chubby with big legs and huge love handles and wide hips. Only difference in terms of lifts is I can squat and deadlift more 20 kilos than him and ohp his max for 5 reps while his bench is actually the same.
Just goes to show that genetics go a long way in determining your outcome.

How's 531 BBB for building size after SS?

What do you suggest running afterwards?

Honestly... eat a maint or slight increase, do any program that gets you to 315 bench, 405 squat and 485 dead. Most importantly a 2X overhead strict press.

Once you can do that work on refining the base.

I guarantee you will be 205-220 with abs if you can do all that.

Personally, I would hit the shoulds and arms a little more in that and you're good, maybe a bit more upperback, like real high.

Its called starting strength for a reason. You only want to use it for your first couple months and then change program. It helps you get strong enough to progress further down the line.

>2X overhead strict press
what does this mean?

what if I do it for a few months and still end up with mediocre lifts? Like 95 OHP for 5, 175 bench for 5, squat 225 for 5, etc. Should I keep doing SS until getting to 1/2/3/4?

Do the routine right and you’ll have at least those lifts after 2, maybe 3 months. When you go 2 or 3 sessions in a row without being able to progress then move to a new routine or just modify SS by adding accessories/different rep schemes. By that time you’ll know your body well enough to have some ideas for how to advance

2x your bodyweight OHP with good form

its a strength routine, so not amazing since that isnt its goal. doctor recommends trenbol and brosplit

Attached: 59912222_1280865382075527_3829552867300081664_n.jpg (386x640, 40K)

Yep, just set up slight surplus or larger deficit and add arm isolations and chins dips.

Everyone will stall at different points. If you're not making progress move on, disregard anyone who says you need to hit X amount of weight before being "allowed" to switch programs. The only reason to to reset is if you know your diet is complete shit, and I do mean complete shit, not just "not 100% optimal" ie. you're eating hardly any protein and mostly candy or whatever, or if your sleep is terrible because you stay up all night playing videogames. In that case you might fix those and reset, otherwise move on.

My lifts were similar to yours when I stalled, but I made the misstake of listening to the aforementioned people and ended up wasting a lot of time ressetting, stalling, ressetting, stalling again and getting fat.

If you've never worked out you'll gain some muscle from it. Wether or not you end up acceptable looking depends mostly on your genetics and definition of acceptable looking, this is proved that you start fairly lean and gain weight slowly instead of following Rippetoe's advice of fast weight gain, which is almost always a bad idea.

Don't eat like a powerlifter and add in some extra arm/chest work and your good.

I always LMAO at this threads. Are you really implying that people didn't become strong before SS, SL, Greyskull and other modern dog shit? Look at books like "THE Complete Keys to Progress", "Powerlifting Basics Texas Style", programs like 20 rep squats, Tommy Kono's beginner routine, Arnold Golden 6. Beginners did fullbody workouts with 2-3x8-15 set/rep scheme, they also often trained OHP in the same session with bench press, did curls, did additional shoulder exercises like upright rows and all this in the same session. Forget about SS nonsense.

Attached: 7651_original.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>Should I keep doing SS until getting to 1/2/3/4?
No lmao. Do SS for a few months, maybe half a year, until you stop making rapid gains. Then switch to an intermediate routine (the sticky has some). It takes a lot longer than 3 months to be able to do 1/2/3/4.