Yoga. Do you do it?

Hey, does anyone do yoga? I am thinking about adding it to my routine, maybe once or twice a week. Right now i'm doing a compound lift program 3x a week with some peripheral shit on off days. Doing cardio every day. I am seeing some gains. Is yoga a compliment to this or is it just gay?

Attached: yogabitch.jpg (1920x1280, 82K)

>or is it just gay?
>needing validation for something you're clearly interested
ngmi

It's great for building focus and keeping general anxiety at bay. The mind body awareness that comes from it is a huge help in lifting as well. Just don't do a lot of deep stretching right before lifting and enjoy the benefits

yeah, my mother in law teaches it and she fine

I used to make fun of it then a girl got me to do a Vinyasa flow. I don't make fun of it no fucking more. I don't do Vinyasa when I'm lifting more like Hatha restorative stuff. So light stretching, breathing work, and relaxation. I do a morning flow every day before work and then just mobility after a workout.

Def recommend getting up to advanced Vinyasa and learning the core strengthening poses. Also, yoga pants. Really cannot beat that venue for hot chicks.

I can definitely use some focus for my anxiety. Thing is I go to a big box gym that offers various classes as part of the membership, including yoga. What should I expect out of a non-yoga specific facility?

Uhhhhhh......bump.

Yes yoga fixed my back and makes my body normal dddpite sitting all day. I usually pick a hot af teacher for motivation

My brother did DDP yoga and claims it's not real yoga. He lost a shit load of weight, though. I think he's just being a dick. Anyway, do you happen to have any insight on my question here How good can a yoga class from a big box gym be?

This depends on two things; the teacher and culture of the venue. I don't know anything about your gym obv so I can't speculate. Really you just have to go and see how you like it. A big red flag is a teacher who manipulates students (adjusting them forcibly) while in a pose. This is a huge no no and can result in serious deep tissue injuries. A good yoga class will start with a five minute meditation either seated or reclined in some way, and end with about five minutes in shavasana (corpse pose). A good teacher will help you modify your poses so avoid unnecessary strain and help you work around any injuries while still keeping you in the flow of the class. Don't be afraid of looking like a fag, everyone is too focused on their own shit to give a fuck what you're doing.

t. Four years a regular yoga student and counting, thinking of going for my teacher training next year.

just go to classes to mire qt futpucci tbqh and they let me give rubs

there is a video series called the ultimate yogi that is excellent. its an hour a day 7 days a week for 180 days and it will rock your world.

DDP Yoga is power yoga, aka a higher intensity yoga which focuses more on the workout part of the activity than on breathing or anxiety relief or whatever. DDP markets it as "not your momma's yoga". I did it myself, still do it from time to time, it's fun low-impact (doesn't stress your joints as running or even jump rope) cardio. There are also quite a few breathing/calming/stretching exercises in the program. Not sure how much of an "enlightening" experience you are looking for but maybe borrow your brothers discs and check DDPs shit out.

Just go for a real sport you enjoy.

Feet.

yoga is beneficial to literally anyone with a sedentary job even if you already lift/run/swim

best place to find attractive milfs.

I tried it for several months and it was a good complement to lifting. It improved my balance and posture, which is good. The only thing is that on top of work and my normal gym schedule, the hour long classes didn't fit in for me. I got mine for free, but going to a yoga studio is fairly expensive if classes aren't included in your gym membership.

its not real yoga, real yoga wastes time with girl nonsense like energy flows and breathing your tension away

yoga is based, just don't fall for the western abominations that focus on the cardio aspect.

I don't do yoga but I do a lot of stretching every day. The only actual pose I do is the cobra for my lower back. Stretching is important when you're on your feet all day at work. Especially quads, hams, calves and back.