Weak lifts

>Weigh 155lbs
>First day at the gym (never lifted before)
>1RM bench is 165lbs, 1RM OHP is 1pl
>Read online that average untrained man can bench 180lbs

I'm completely demotivated to continue lifting now.

Attached: yWRigl6B_400x400.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

davidpwahr.wordpress.com/2014/11/22/how-much-can-the-average-man-bench/
strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/bench-press
strengthlevel.com/strength-standards
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>1RM OHP is 1pl
this must be bait surely

>give up because you started from behind
so you want to be even more behind I dont get it

I benched 315 on my first day.

I also don't understand man, i always thought i was naturally strong. I have pretty good grip, thick wrists and used to win in arm wrestling.

How can some people bench 3-4pl it seems unattainable.

What were your stats?
I thought i would have a head start, but i'm starting with a handicap.

try using your gigantic penis for leverage. Also the weight of your Rolex and harem of beautiful women counts when doing upper body lifts.

>first day at gym
>OHP 1pl8

What
I thought that wasn't so bad?

He doesn’t get it....

explain pls

Holy fuck you are cringe it hurts so fucking much how obvious it is that you try to bait for compliments. For fucks sake are you 12 years old or what. “My picture is so ugly yours is sooo nice. NOT MINE IS UGLY YOURS IS NICE”.

Your lifts are good for an untrained person, especially OHP. There, you have it, do you feel better now? Jesus.
Obviously whatever source claimed 180lbs untrained is full of shit, half reppers, liars, etc shitting it up.

1pl8 OHP is actually great. That's a lift a lot of people aspire to.

Omg I'm so sorry for you OP! It's similar for me except my lower body was really weak when I started out. I was only able to do 2pl8 squats and 3pl8 deadlifts on my first day, shit sucks bro

That is way too easy. No one should aspire to only ohp 1pl8

OP might just have shit form on his OHP. Pushing with your legs and leaning back to use more of your back muscles both make OHP significantly easier.

davidpwahr.wordpress.com/2014/11/22/how-much-can-the-average-man-bench/

Half of this thread is saying it's shit, the other half says it's good...I don't think you get how all of this is very confusing when you just started lifting man.
What are your lifts now?

>What are your lifts now?
Only 2/3/4/5 unfortunately. Still working on it though.

Great source you have there. "I read some studies [that I wont't quote haha] and I think it said that the data is somewhat like this". Really dude?

>Half of this thread is saying it's shit
Oh fucking hell please just be bait.

I was 5'10 about 265 when I started

>2/3

kek you are so full of shit

dummy
strengthlevel.com/strength-standards/bench-press

No, those are my actual numbers. I know it's not much but like I said I'm working on it.

yeah, it's okay
my stats are 5/2/3/4. I know it's shit, I'm working on it.

1pl8 ohp is actually good though user

5 plates on the OHP? Quit trolling, I'm posting my real stats here and you're fucking bullying me. Fuck off.

I can't tell if you are trolling anymore. leave a hint

No you didnt

I am 5 11 out of shape and 200 lbs. I started stronglifts on monday. I didnt go too hard because im a dentist and if I injure myself I lose money. I am 32. These are my numbers.
Squat 135 lb, ohp 65 lb, deadlift 135 lbs, row 65, bench 115. This program is really slow so I might get more agressive later but right now Im just doing what it says.
If you can do more than just do more, your body probably isnt that important to where hurting yourself would matter.

You are either lying or cheating these numbers dont make sense. You are not benching bodyweight first day if you are doing it correctly...and you most certainly are not ohping 1pl8 which is close yo your bodyweight.

Weak ass bait or you fucking suck at life.

The average untrained man cannot bench their body weight. Anything you hear otherwise is bullshit. All my noob friends who are 145-165 pounds bench like 110-130 for their 1rm. One of my few friends who is in shape is 6'2 200 pounds. He squats around 370-400 for 1rm, benches around 215, but isnt even at a plate for OHP. WAIT. Are you talking about close-grip or wide-grip OHP? Differences are staggering. Close-grip works the inner deltoids more so than the lateral delts and vice versa. With Close-Grip you can lift more weight. My close-grip ohp 1rm is 150, but with widegrip its like 125 (im 140 lbs). For comparison, my 1rm bench is 205. I would advise doing wide-grip ohp and NOT close-grip since bench already works your inner delts, and lateral delts often get ignored. Altho this is probably bait... ur retarded if u think the average untrained man is actually that strong... Some people are naturally strong af, but not most. this is the only website I actually trust for strength standards

strengthlevel.com/strength-standards

Tfw can't even bench 135
Tfw only ohp 60lb 10 reps

Some people are naturally that strong. I played football in highschool, ever year there would be 2-3 super athletic black freshman who havent seen a weightroom before and would bench around their bodyweight for 1rm. My friend who hasnt lifted in 3 years benched his bodyweight. Freak genetics, theres a small pool of people whose bodies were born for lifting weights and playing sports

To all the people here posting their shit numbers. It's fine. I was 5'7 120-125 pounds. Couldnt bench 115 for a rep. not close. Could hardly squat my own bodyweight. Didnt even think about OHP. A year later im 140 and can bench 1.5 times bodyweight, squat 2x bodyweight. Im close to OHP my bodyweight. Nothing insane, but wayyyy better than where I was. Also the 15 pounds I added were pure muscle, I have a visible 6-pack and aesthetically pleasing vascularity in most my muscles. Bitches started giving me way more attention. If im at the beach or a pool I actually get hit on despite my height. Every girl I see that I knew from highschool comments on my body and sorta starts flirting. Also I said this took a year of training, but in reality 80% of the progress was made in the first 6 months. I also took a 2-month break due to personal reasons that set me back to square 1 at the 6-month point.

tl;dr if youre small and weak as shit, dont worry, you will overcome it in 4-6 months with proper training and ppl left and right will start noticing

this guy gets it

Imagine caring what other people lift lmao.

post body? I'm genuinely curious desu

Why would i lie? This board is anonymous lmao

If not larp, obviously he did a push-press.

yeah man, just give up and never bother to improve because you're behind the average