Who do you lift for?

>who do you lift for?
>I lift for x
Shut the fuck up
I lift so I can beat the shit out of someone if need be, and so that I don't become skinnyfat and die at 70

Attached: 13f.gif (600x716, 47K)

>he thinks lifting alone is gonna help him win fights
Go to a boxing gym and start training you absolute retard.

Cringe

>How dare people lift for any other reasons that differ from my own?

>I lift so I can beat the shit out of someone if need be

Attached: 20160606_trumphat_0.jpg (600x377, 33K)

Retarded
Violent subhuman who goes around looking for reasons to get into fights. If it was actual for self defense you'd learn grapples and holds rather than sitting on Jow Forums blogging about your power fantasies

lol americans

I lift for mai Lancia.
Her figma got delayed until November so I got to find a new goal to achieve before then since I already benched 4pl8s prior to July.
Maybe 435lb bench since it's the start of an 'Elite' bench for my weight.

Attached: 2f99ca22573f215f0bc71dfd283521e6.jpg (550x825, 189K)

No amount of lifting is going to help you with the pain of having a heavy blunt object ram you across the face.

Go punch yourself as hard as you can in the face right now, if you feel incredible pain you’re not ready for any fight.

>I lift so I can beat the shit out of someone if need be

i started for the same reason, now im 100% sure that if i hit someone id break his jaw i became very heavy handed because of my stiff joints

whats your bodyweight ?

Attached: Mortyplz_31cfb7_7153235.jpg (1200x1034, 148K)

Usually around 235lbs.

>because of my stiff joints
Yea, any skinnylad worth his salt will be able to knock you out before you swing your punch.

good man keep it up

im pretty fast because of my lanky and muscular build (180lbs),also i have been hit in the chin many times and never had a headache in my life ( very few actually) so i doubt thats going to happen

>tfw my king is getting two figure releases within these two months

Attached: sa.png (1340x950, 962K)

the people with loose joints i met knew or tested them hit like shit, years ago i was pretty inflexible now im stiff as hell and my punches are a lot lot harder, anyway i firmly believe punching power is all in the impact and the impact is made by your ligaments so its not a matter of loose/stiff but ligament strenght

That’s cool, but I lift for tomboys

Based. As a eurofag 200kg / 441lbs seems like a good milestone, may take a while though since progress at this point is probably slow

It doesn’t hurt that much when you are amped up. Just do boxing

You need good mobility and be loose to punch hard. A lot of more muscular dudes punch like they are pressing, its too slow to real damage and just pushes the opponent away.

Attached: CC1560FB-56B9-4F83-98D9-9ED3EE3253DD.jpg (3464x3464, 1.75M)

i replied you there
in my life experience the stiffer my joints the harder my hits, im not bringing the muscle or size im talking about the impact damage

>years ago i was pretty inflexible now im stiff as hell
That’s the same thing though or what do you mean? You can’t judge how hard your own punches are, at least hit punching pads another person is holding and ask them to judge.
Also Baki is not a reliable source of information on how punching impacts work. Damage in a punch comes from kinetic energy, not momentum. You will get decent momentum anyways from having your bodyweight behind the punch with proper form, but that doesn’t work if you can’t punch with proper form due to being stiff

Attached: 34977BAA-176B-4F80-8EC4-747CD8519EB3.gif (302x390, 3.93M)

based

I'm jealous.
I busted my ass off to bench 4pl8s as soon as I could so I was pretty disappointed when I got the delay email yesterday.
I hope it's not like the Emiya figure which got delayed for two years if I remember correctly.
>*knocks on wood

'punching power is from ligament strength'
kek

i mean that when i was more flexible i didnt hit hard

i dont know what the fuck is baki be serious

damage in a punch comes from impact and contact times sinilar to sprinting

im stiff to do olympic moves for example but not to hit...its impossible to be inflexible to throw a punch

and yes i can hit hard i tested it many times and been told i have brick in my hands

your muscles and size make up the speed and fast twitch fibers make uo the power but your impact damage is determined by your ligaments and conective tissue strenght

>punching power is all in the impact
Well, you don't know shit about punching

take two people the one with slower speed could hit harder than the one with faster speed despite being same size strenght and power

this is why punching power is told to be god given gift and the god given gift is ligament and joint strenght

A little reward for myself for getting that good ol 700 diddly.

I hear ya.
I think the same way.
That's kind of why I want to try for 435lbs or even 441lbs since 200kg is a pretty cool number to say you bench.
Good job on that pull though I don't think more than a handful of people on Jow Forums can do that.

lol post body

/thread

That bench is more impressive, almost twice your body weight when most people can't even do 1.5x their weight.
Hell, my dead wasn't even triple my body weight.

Attached: Hmm.png (172x178, 51K)

literally any martial art that isn't retarded ancient chinese karate fu will help you immeasurably in a fight, so much so that it doesn't matter. the reason being that the only people that pick fights on the streets are drunk or stupid as fuck.

boxing is good but you can fuck up your knuckles something fierce most of the time when you punch someone's head, which is what most people do.

bjj is good if you're only fighting one dude. if you have a gang of frat bros around you, hello stomp city.

muay thai or judo are awesome self defense martial arts for the streets. muay thai because you can use much more adaptable and powerful strikes such as elbows and knees, judo because it immediately deescalates the situation and there is nothing more disorienting than being thrown to the ground.

either way OP is a fag lol

Attached: slashing_elbow_thai.gif (400x225, 1.12M)

Thanks buddy.
I'll try to see where my max is currently at the next time I go to the gym.
For shits and gigs I'll probably use the slingshot a little more often.

Contact times are important for sure, because the shorter the impact the more kinetic energy is transferred. But you get that short impact from a quick “snap” in the punch, starting from a step, turning in the hips, through the spine, shoulder and finally arm. That requires some flexibility at least. If you are stiff you can compensate by just swinging more, but that is a less efficient motion and will leave you open when going up against someone that knows what he is doing. Just take some boxing lessons and see how you do man
No, the faster one hits harder
This. Some martial arts are easier to learn than others though, 6 moths of boxing will help you more than 6 months of Taekwondo or something else that’s overly complicated and inefficient

Attached: 275753B7-7496-4F3B-A6BE-F1627ACFB382.jpg (900x1200, 93K)

i agree with everything you said except with
"No, the faster one hits harder"
im talking about small speed differences but there were some fery fast hand boxers that didnt hit as hard...but again punching power is a very interesting topic with lots of point of view research and more i think a lot of variables make someone to hit harder but the more you have of each the harder you will hit

There are factors other than speed that could make someone slower hit harder, especially weight. Heavyweights are slower than lightweights but hit much harder. Assuming the same weight, same bone structure and similar technique it pretty much just comes down to hand speed though.
Anyways, not really something you can train too much, so good for you if you can hit hard. Getting good at distance management, timing, cover etc is all key to fighting, and it takes full contact sparring experience and drills to really be competent at it, but its fun anyways, especially the sparring

Attached: 32484455-4AC7-4CE3-9717-A96D01E9E33B.jpg (960x1280, 101K)

you have never been in a ifght before, I bet if somebody squared up to you and asked for your lunch money you as a grown ass man would mumble something autistic and give it to him.

No u

Why do you lift for /x/?
Are you planning on fighting ayy lmaos or something?