How did you learn to cook for yourself?

How did you learn to cook for yourself?

I'm struggling with deciding on what to make. Made pasta a bunch of times but need to expand.Haven't even thought of cooking specifically to hit nutrition goals, just trying to survive on anything right now.

Attached: 6ix9ine.png (346x326, 41K)

Look up recipe
Try recipe.
Me like recipe. Me keep recipe.
Me no like recipe. Me no keep recipe.

Maybe I'm autistic then because I never think "oh I wanna eat THIS today"

I didnt. I have a wife.

You little fucker. How dare you talk to me like that. You should get up and kneel to me now and I'll spare you on the night of the 28th.

Literally just cook. Just put together some flavors you think might mix well and wah lah. Recipes are helpful as well.

Attached: 1562690601322.jpg (2265x1363, 518K)

>wah lah
Repent, zoomer.

You are used to eating cool stuff in a bun or whatever. Cooking for yourself means frying some chicken and eating it with cottage cheese, lettuce and broccoli. Or boiling buckwheat. Leave the nice stuff for your gf to cook for you, you do not have to make anything even slightly complicated

visit

Attached: 1562956282384.jpg (640x1093, 48K)

Well back when I was a teenager in middleschool you had to take a mandatory half-credit course in every single technical art, one of which was cooking. Suffice it to say if you had at least a 7th grade education you knew how to cook, sew, do wood/metal work/electronics repair, perform basic automobile maintenance, etc.

Now what the fuck do they teach you kids?

Don't visit ck, its just food, tripfags and some guy who cooks bland shit n lets his cat sit on the counter.
Look up recipe, look up some other versions of said recipe on other websites, make recipe from sounds nicest.

Absolutely avoid /ck/

I moved out of parents' place
It was either learn to cook, starve or order takeout every day

Attached: stop-making-excuses-cover.jpg (620x364, 58K)

why the hell do zoomers look so zoomy?

Man, I'm in my 30's and at middle school we didn't do wood/metal work or auto stuff but they told us how to make a budget, do taxes, and type.

Cooking is really easy, unless you're doing it professionally the rules are super lax.
My recommendation is to get a slow-cooker and just try putting shit in it. It's really hard to mess up meat and veg in broth.

alright OP i couldn't cook for shit. and here's what you do. you get out your pot or pan.you get out your egg, rice, meat, or pasta. and hten you fucking google "how to cook x" or "easy x recipe" youtube it if you need to. watch cooking shows for inspo

It's basically a matter of trial and error, but once you get familiar with the basics (i.e. not letting things burn to a crisp or turn to mush) then most of the things you'll make should at least be edible. Keep it simple at first, e.g. boil some rice, stir-fry some veg and fry a few eggs. It won't win you a michelin star but it's a worthy meal.

If you pay attention you should gradually get acquainted with the flavors of ingredients and how they combine. Try some new things now and then, like playing around with herbs and spices, oils and vinegars, or other ingredients that are new to you. Try out recipes, but don't just follow them mindlessly: look what's going on that's different from what you usually do, what makes it work and whether you could incorporate some of it into your own daily cooking. Basically, learn to improvise. Eventually you'll get good at it, and you can make delicious food without being dependent on having all the right ingredients to follow a particular recipe.

Keep in mind that it's not really a methodical skill that you gradually perfect by doing the same thing over and over with increasing efficiency. It's more of an art that you need to develop a feeling for.

I'm also in my 30s. So I don't know what kind of third world shithole you grew up in.

>Searched internet to find what foods people say is good for bodybuilding and is generally healthy, making a list as I do
>Get the foods and cook it pretty basic
>Later get tired of eating that basic stuff
>Buy more spices and experiment to make it taste good again
>Get tired of that
>Start mixing foods I never mixed before
>Get tired of that
>Start looking up neat recipes for food ingredients I used to cook basic and also start looking into new foods I never ate before
That's my experience so far. Getting tired of eating the same thing was a huge motivator for me to want to improve cooking.

I learned about a month ago.
>Buy pressure cooker.
>Throw shit in.
>Cook.
If I’m feeling fancy I’ll YouTube some recipie.

trial and error. cook a steak 10 times and eventually youll perfect it