/owg/

Let's keep these threads alive

Attached: 1563340121750.jpg (1400x932, 148K)

Lu has such an on point physique. Genuinely my favorite lifter.

Does anyone have a good oly routine?

OW MY KNEES but unironically

how do i avoid shoulder impingement during snatch? im pretty sure its not a mobility issue since i can touch palms on my back, but just bad form

Should i keep shoulders down and tucked throughout the entire lift as in benchpress or just flex my lats or whatever? im practicing with a broomstick and i just cant seem to find a solution, maybe arms more behind head or wider/narrow grip? i have absolutely no trouble ohp

why are powersharters and dyels so stiff? Fucking legomen, learn to be an athlete you subhumans

>all knee problems are caused by stiffness

Bump

>board posters unironically trying to relate to natural specimens who have put decades into their sport

?

snatch
clean and jerk
front/back squats (alternate)
Push press/ohp (alternate)
clean/snatch pulls (alternate)

MY WRISTS HURT

Dyel

What kind of physique does solely doing the classics, their variants and squats build? Any examples?

As that is pretty much all my coach has me do.

Big legs and traps, decent back and dyel everything else

So what's the bare minimum to add to at least look athletic and not an SS victim

It doesn't build a physique at all

Pullups and dips.

Benchbress+chin ups

Thanks, I'll chuck in some pull ups, probably skip dips/bench. Frying my delts and triceps seems a bit sketchy training the next day. I suppose I could just lower my snatches and jerks instead of just dropping them.

I fell for the injury meme desu. I thought weightlifting was one of the statistically safest sport, but veritually every lifter I know is injured some way and there isn't a single worlds without a big lifter being injured. Myself I'm dealing with constant knee pain unless I keep my leg extended and my shoulders always hurt before I get really warmed up. If it hadn't been so much fun I'd quit a long time ago.

I have a couple of questions.

If doing doubles and triples in squats and snatch/clean isn't enough to cause enough muscular damage to provide hypertrophy, can I add the required volume without fear of losing performance? Or will the fact that I'm adding volume and inducing damage to gain muscle mass hinder performance and strength because now I've got actual damage muscle tissue?

I want to gain muscle because I'm tall for my current body weight and also pretty weak for someone that has been lifting for five years. I've been maintaining at around 180lbs for the past two years after starting lifting at 135lbs. I'm 6ft tall. I've gotten better in the classics due to techinique improvement, but my squat haven't gone up at all. In fact it's decreased.

I also have found that doing some volume training on squats have helped my knees whenever they've been aching, but I'm afraid to sacrifice speed, technique, power and recovery by doing more volume.

Imo weightlifters are constantly injured but usually in a way that they can still work around.

Volume will to some degree impact your performance and that’s perfectly fine. There is no reason for your squat to decrease for such a beginner. Squat more and if you have to lower your classics, so be it

Second part meant for

Should I be worrying early on about squat/snatch efficiency ratios n shit or is it something that I can expect to improve gradually?

How do you guys program overhead pressing work? My press is only 155 for 2

Attached: 1521814218115.jpg (700x743, 210K)