SPLIT

What is the best split and why is it upper lower?

Attached: lulu.png (1024x576, 416K)

Whatever works best for your schedule. I do a push/pull upper body split for 2 days, leg day, and then a day of core strength and cardio if I'm able. It works for me.

Fullbody 5-6 times a week

Make it 6-7

A: Chest, Triceps, Shoulders
B: Back, Biceps, Abs
C: Quads, Hamstrings, Calves
ABCABxx

Yes you are partly right my child. Your only mistake was that you typed "push/pull" wrong.

Attached: 1561937158690.jpg (584x413, 33K)

Because you can workout each muscle 2x a week without spending 2 hours in the gym with fullbody autism splits

in other words PPL

Based and full body-pilled! Wanting to do a training split 5 times a week just full body!

wat

7-8 is best

Fellow 30yo boomers, hows your recovery from 5-6 day training?

Yeah, just what I said, full body 5 times a week. The programs would go something like this: 1-2 compounds, 2-3 isolations, -1-3 for legs. So you can do a heavy day with 3 compounds 2 isolations. And for hypertrophy you can do 1 compound and a good amount of isolation to not fuck up your joints!

Attached: 1560870777996.jpg (640x611, 89K)

GVT PPL is what I'm working off right now.
It's a fun periodization.

My routine looks currently like:
Push:
Bench 10x10 (5lb progression right now)
Leg press 10x10 (10lb progression right now)
Burpees 3 x 1 minute

Pull:
Negative pullups 10x10 (waiting to just fill out rep scheme, might add weight)
Deadlift 5x5 at 350

Usually I swim or bike ride.
Helping a friend train so just going off feel until the volume is easy enough to work in some more bicep and delt progression.

Attached: 1562997468110.jpg (1016x1024, 95K)

Lmao, ment for you

Attached: ran-swim1.gif (282x525, 101K)

replace leg press with squats

Push Pull No Legs

depends on type of training. for bodybuilding PPL is undoubtedly superior. For more strength focused goals or for beginners upper/lower or full body is best.

33 here

Recovery is fine on PPL repeated twice a week, as long as I'm in calorie surplus.

Have a bulging spinal disc though and once it gets aggravated I need to take a few days off or it will get worse and worse until I'm unable to walk.

Sucks being older than time itself.

and if you dont want to or cant spend 6 days per week in the gym?

you mean for PPL? than Upper/Lower is probably the better alternative.

Full Body is retarded for bodybuilding, you would have to spend 2-3 hours in the gym in order to get much accessory work in after heavy compounds

Three or four day splits are pretty good, It just depends on what you want to want for your training goals.
>And besides bodyweight training is good for extra volume and also to build a well-rounded physique along with going to the gym

Full body (3x), upper lower (4x), or push pull (3x) are the best for naturals. Bro splits are fucking retarded you can't make gains hitting each muscle once a week unless you're on gear.

No it isn't PPL

Legs are only trained once.

I do
>Chest, Shoulders, Tris, Abs
>Back, Legs, Posterior Chain, Bis
ABABABx
Worked out for me so far.

A: Chest
B: Back
C: Legs
D: Arms
E: Shoulders
And you can implement calves and abs in any of those days
High volume in each of those big muscles

ULxULUx
Idk why there is a debate

>you can't make gains hitting each muscle once a week unless you're on gear.
Yeah, you can. It's not the most efficient way at all, but it's possible. You wont lose all the potential gains you get from one workout in just 6 days of rest.

I've independently finished programs for the following

>ppl 6 day
>5/3/1 fullbody 3 day
>weighted calisthenics 4 day

Each one had some unique benefits. So I just combine them all now. I do PPxPPxx with 5/3/1 progression, squatting on push days, and doing weighted calisthenics instead of isolation lifts.

? youre describing ppl perfectly

So what should I do for 3x a week? Presumably full body but I'm done making my own retarded routines, does anyone have any?

what are you lifts

Also if 4x a week PPL is significantly better I'm open to that
Shit. Been out of lifting for a while due to a chain of injuries

if your lifts are “shit” then just do the actual SS program. dont let the haters that have never run the program or just do the first phase tell you it’s shit. It will get you stronger then you ever have been before and then you can transition to whatever you want after that

I've done research on that before, the advice for the exercises is good but I have no interest in the actual program

ok then do whatever you want

Which is trying to find a full body/PPL routine

You could also plan a better routine on a bro split but then again you're probably dyel

Upper/Lower 6 days a week

My friend has been bro-splitting for over a decade and while he isn’t the strongest person I’ve seen, he’s big, lean, and aesthetic as fuck. Not sure what he squats and he doesn’t DL but last I checked he benches 285(?) for reps and dumbbell shoulder presses 80s

How do you guys lift heavy on a program like that? even though you are technically working different muscles my whole CNS would need way more recovery for the weight I lift

This looks well balanced. Two chest and shoulder exercises, one tricep and ab.
Two leg and back exercises, one posterior chain and bicep. Basically push pull but squats on pull day so main compunds are even.

I'm currently on a deficit, so not going as hard as I could be RPE and weight wise
Just hit 1/2/3/4 for 5 reps before my cut, and maintaining it while I reduce my bodyfat while I cocoon mode before my holidays for 3 weeks in august

Upper/Lower is a great split desu, I will prob move to 4 days and start going hard at it again with increasing weights after the holidays

This. Not the most optimal but you get gains. See some studies on non brosplit programs individuals get some more strength and some muscles get bigger but difference in size is always less than 10 %.,

behold
the enlightened routine
>chest, shoulder, triceps
>back, biceps
>triceps
>biceps
>chest, shoulder, triceps
>back, biceps
>rest

How long does it take to finish one upper and one lower workout? Im done in 90 minutes sometimes even 15 more and lower in 60 sometimes 75. I add cardio on lower day once a week so plus 20 mins.

Example please

takes me around 60-70 mins
basic layout is

Upper:
Push (Vertical)
Push (Horizontal)
Pull (Vertical)
Pull (Vertical)
Circuit of
-Triceps+Biceps
-Shoulder
-Core

Example:
OHP 4*5
Bench 4*8
Chin ups 4*10
Pendlay Rows 4*8
Circuit 4*12
-Dips
-Hammer curls
-lateral raise
-Leg raises

Lower:
Squat variation
Deadlift variation
Hip Thrust variation (do these religiously now since weak glutes fucked over my hips last year)
Circuit of
-Secondary squat or deadlift variation
-Lower back exercise
-Core work
-Grip work

example
Front Squat 4*8
RDLS 4*8
Hip Thrusts 4*8
Circuit 4*12
-Bulgarian Split Squats
-Jefferson Curls
-Leg Raises
-One sided farmer's carries

So is SS a meme if you arent really concerned about strength?

yes. even otherwise, there are better programs for beginners strength-wise

Attached: Screenshot_20190512-225655_Messenger.jpg (1440x1213, 466K)

change that to ABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABCABC and you're based

6 with swimming on your rest day is the Chad combination

How is this PPL if you’re doing legs on push and pull days

how often do you squat and deadlift

don't forget 800mg of test in your butt to make this work

>no legs
chicken ass nigga

I make more gains with full body. I burn less calories, I give myself more constant "pumps," and I don't purposely do my big important lifts less often so I can get more tricep pushdowns in. 90% of Jow Forums, if even that, are not at the point where they cannot grow without doing bamboo, bar, banded bench-presses supersetted with upside down skullcrusher leg raises.

If you're "bodybuilding" I hope you're on drugs to justify 6 days in the gym. If just for better recovery.