What does Jow Forums think about sports drinks?

Are they good for sports and working out like advertized or just a scam and bad for you?

Attached: gatorade.jpg (1200x1200, 163K)

the zero sugar zero calorie ones are great

complete garbage, drink water you fucking buypig

I just eat a huge handful of dry roasted peanuts for electrolytes. salt, potassium, magnesium, deliciousium

This. Also water.

just drink water ffs... just because some marketing campaign advertises something to be "for athletes" doesn't mean it is

Don't get any of the big brands, they are filled with sugar and are no better than cola.

Why would you drink water, sugar, and salt when you can just drink water and get all your macro/micros through eating food?
"Sports drinks" are retardedly expensive salt water.

They are a great way to make money. People would by anything if someone tells them they don't have to work as hard.

It's good for sports but lifting a weight 5 times and then sitting on your ass for 3 minutes isn't sport.

Pretty much only useful for actual athletes who lose a lot of fluids during their sport, or people who work outdoor in extreme heat.

I'd have a sports drink in the afternoon when I worked in corn and soi fields in the blistering July and August heat because I was sweating my ass off all day and didn't have time for a proper lunch most days.

might as well just eat a cup of sugar

Attached: gatorade.jpg (789x540, 131K)

>
say, 2 hours a day of boxing and weightlifting? I carry a liter of water but I eventually finish it. After the session, is it alright to get a gatorade at a nearby store or should I just stick to more water?

Serious athletes consume refined sugar all the time, that's the point of putting it in a sports drink. This board is full of lazy gym rats who've never done any serious exercise in their lives so the concept of consuming sugar for energy is foreign to them, as is the knowledge that sugar enhances athletic performance.

1 cup of sugar is 200g, but I get your point

Confirmed for not fucking lifting if you think a "gym rat" isn't working hard and sweating during his sets.

>serious athletes
>on Jow Forums

cmon...don't encourage him user

retard

lol
yes your 3x10 bicept curls is comparable to an iron man

>”this diet Fanta has electrolytes”

>he thinks a gym rat only does curls
Everything you're posting tells me you've never even been in a gym.

good if you know when and why use them
bad in other cases

the drink has 150kcal of which 140 are from sugar... just drink water

What are you hoping to accomplish with the Gatorade that you wouldn't accomplish with water? It's just sugar water with a marketing campaign behind it. Don't consider drinking it for even one second.

Nice counter point, elegantly put. Now kill yourself.

>not being a superior paypig
Not gonna oink it

To be fair, they are a bit more pleasant to drink than water when you're tired.