Why do Olympic lifters say they're more athletic than powerlifters?

Why do Olympic lifters say they're more athletic than powerlifters?

What metric are they using?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nLVJTBZtiuw
strengthlevel.com/
btwb.blog/2017/05/04/snatch-vs-clean-jerk-part-1-how-do-you-stack-up/
youtube.com/watch?v=wn0Av0ZTvxE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

olympic lifting is the new powerlifting
fucking faggots

they’re using the measurement of delusion and Olympic ””””””””””””lifters”””””””””””” are definitely the most delusional

olympic lifting is glorified speed squatting

Olympic weightlifting is the most retarded zoomer fad I have ever seen. Its one if the biggest fucking copes out there. Only zoomers who want to post their shit to Instagram like it

More endurance, more flexibility, low bf %, tossing heavy weight over their head. Powerlifters - 5 to 10 min. long rests between sets, high bf %, slow, no endurance, not flexible.

cope

Cope

have sex

Endurance for what? You still only train a one rep max

Also you power squat the weight and then duck under it. You aren't actually pressing it.

I'm neither, just training for general strength and hypertrophy.

samefag

cope, poser

Their training is different.

Attached: 4343.png (396x378, 356K)

Then funny thing is that olympic lifters have more power than powerlifters, while the later have more strength thus we should call them strengthlifters.

POWERLIFTERS BTFO

youtu.be/nLVJTBZtiuw

Olympic lifters cant squat this wide

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 7392.jpg (640x480, 117K)

olympic weightlifters are more powerfull pound for pound than elite powerlifters

oleelifting is a huge waste of time and energy, especially for a casual/someone starting in adulthood. If you're going to lift as a hobby you should do powerlifting or bodybuilding, or "powerbuilding" but absolutely do not waste your time on the snatch and c+j. you'll work out for 10 hours a week, feel like shit, and you won't look like you lift. AND you'll be lucky if you ever snatch over 250# or clean over 300# both of which are beginner-level lifts

chinese team is a poor comparison. they lift from age 10, use steroids, and they train 3x a day and almost always have 4 bodybuilding sessions per week where they purely work on their physiques.

westside geared "squats" are not "powerlifting squats", raw powerlifting squats look just as good as the olympic squats and are much heavier in competition.

Muh jumps

chicken and egg problem
>i'm good at jumps because i'm an oleelifter xD
OR
>i'm good at oleelifts because i can jump
Clarence could already do double backflips and shit before he started weightlifting

>you'll be lucky if you ever snatch 250# or clean 300#
>both are beginner-level weight
pick one dyel

Attached: 11572853.jpg (640x571, 37K)

i did oleelifts for 3 years straight and got up to a 265# snatch and a 330# clean and jerk, and a 440# atg oleesquat. It was not worth it. I wish I could get that time back and put all that time into powerlifting/bodybuilding instead

>250 combined
>"beginner"
Lmfao this site is beyond deluded. Youre lying about doing Olympic weightlifting.

strengthlevel.com/
At 80kg bw, the lifts you cited would place you in the 91st percentile of CJ and snatch.

btwb.blog/2017/05/04/snatch-vs-clean-jerk-part-1-how-do-you-stack-up/
This website says that combined would place you above the 95th percentile.

In what fucking realm is this beginmer weight?

>>i'm good at oleelifts because i can jump
It is without a doubt this one. There is general consensus that jumping ability cannot be trained very much

it's a beginner for any serious olympic lifter (eg someone who does only olympic lifting). If you're fucking around in the gym with cleans then yeah 300 is a "big lift" but it's baby weight in a competitive setting. I bet you think 405 is a "huge squat" for powerlifting too

Do you understand what the word "beginner" means?

in oleelifting a beginner is like the first 3 years of training lol

>competitive setting
why do you retards always bring this up. probably less than 1% of all the people who have ever considered themselves "oly lifters" participated in competitions. its completely irrelevant

Why did you stop oly lifting?

like i said, it's a waste of time. do some cleans in your workouts for fun if you want but it's a harsh mistress

because I sucked at oleelifting and never really had a chance (i have a fucking 22 inch vertical jump LMAO). I did it because I had some good friends who did it and we all did it together. Ultimately though I felt terrible and was tired of spending so much time in the gym without looking like a guy who lifts. I went from 10 hours a week in the gym to less than 4 doing an upper/lower split and haven't looked back. I'm stronger now in the squat + deadlift and I look like I lift now. Not to mention I can still do olympic lifts for kicks- I was able to do a 265lb power clean a few weeks back just for fun.

>265# snatch and a 330# clean
>sucked at Olypmic weightlifting
You are either lying or need to see a therapist

you can absolutely look like you lift and have good improvement in pure strength while training the classics. putting 10 hrs per week into the gym, it sounds like you just had no idea how to program

their eyes

Attached: Toshiki-Yamamoto-290kg-squats.png (678x698, 168K)

i wonder how much oly lifters could squat doing fully equipped crab squats

olympic lifters have such fluidity. even speed along the entire lift, nothing looks forced (perfect flexibility). you can see that they have 20 years of experience in it.

Miring the 265 power clean. what would be a good power clean strength standard for a late novice lifter who likes doing powercleans? My form is pretty good as well.

how much can you muscle clean ?

your bodyweight x 1.5 = good

your bodyweight x 1.7= excelent

twice your bodyweight powerclean is the GOAT anything beyond that is for the genetically gifted

You’re wrong either way

Attached: C3E45B9A-13A4-4E94-8C51-4F4AA82F0AE6.jpg (450x534, 80K)

when it comes to clean and pressing nobody surpasses koklyaev

I mean, obviously less than the powerlifters who train specifically for that lift

Because they're more explosive, which carries over to more sports.

youtube.com/watch?v=wn0Av0ZTvxE

Series with Weightlifter vs Powerlifter vs Bodybuilder vs CrossFit Athlete

Guess which one wins.

A greater technical demand for lifts.
Greater mobility demand for lifts.
Greater speed component required for the lifts.

It is argued that for elite sports, speed is better than strength.

Faggotry. That’s their metric. Think about it. Having to squat as low as they do for their sport is only functional for riding cock.

Can you split jerk this?

Holy shit whats even the point of powerlifting lads?

Attached: 1452731272023.png (312x233, 19K)

Gold

I like Mikhail but you’re wrong.
Yes.

Once again, Cross-shits proving to be the most insufferable faggots in the room.

Body fat percentage

Weight to power ratio is higher.

Athleticism isn't just power, it's a mix of technique, power, speed, and flexibility/agility.

I feel like power lifting just don't hit all those boxes as completely.

Then why don't they just split jerk the log?