Weed and bodybuilding

Hey fit, im an 18 year old recovering drug addict, im 2 months clean of cocaine, amphetamines, benzos and opiates. I’m trying to get serious about bodybuilding again and I’m just wondering is marijuana will hinder gains? It helps me a lot with cravings and my life has seriously improved since I started smoking it daily, I got my mental health under control, got a labor job and am staying strict to my diet.

Attached: F70811FB-B928-4AF7-8206-1455321AA972.jpg (750x1334, 504K)

>I got my mental health under control
then why smoke every day? that being said you won't be able to safely lift heavy if you're high. probably not terrible if you're just doing light weight stuff

wont mess with gains may get more tired faster but will make your workout more fun so it can balance out

I’m not too sure user but I would like to congratulate you on being sober, it’s far from an easy task to come off drugs so well done.

You are looking for a cope, anyone to respond justifying your use of a drug, even just pot. Get real dude. If you’re serious you quit it all. Yes for most weed will hinder and hold them back in life, very few people can habitually use pot and be their strongest self. Quit it, get back to lifting, and in 1-3 years when you’re doing much better in life you feel like you wanna try smoking pot then and only then at that time give it a shot, only using a small amount and after your important shit and obligations are taken care of. For now, fuck you you’re not getting a reason to use it now from me. Be stronger, be realistic. You can make it, but only if you get a grip on yourself.

I’ve been improving my lifts actually, it seems to improve mind muscle connection as plenty of people state. And what I meant is that instead of taking 9 prescription medications daily, I just smoke a few bowls a day and I’m fine

I also forgot to mention I do have a medical card for it, I’m just wondering from a bodybuilding point of view

Thank you, I wasn’t easy but I avoided for too long, I died two times this year, went to two rehabs and spent 6 months in a juvenile hall for this stupid shit, it’s not worth it

Excess weed lowers test. Be careful with ERRDAY smoking.

Attached: Z.jpg (275x183, 9K)

based realtalk

>imagine having that gay ass tattoo and posting this thread

lmao

Damn hurts

>medical card
90% of medical users are coping drug addicts who just want an excuse to get high. The reality is you only need cbd to get medical benefits for most things, not thc. Unless it’s treating glaucoma, seizures, or you’re literally dying you don’t need it. Look dude, all I’m saying is be real with yourself and use your best judgement. Go ahead and give it a shot, see how it affects your ability to make gains/stick to your diet, and other parts of your life(for example if weed makes you socially anxious or antisocial then that would be bad for your sobriety process). But you wouldn’t be asking a question that gets asked here 30x a day if you weren’t looking for an “okay” on using weed. Just be smart dude, I’m trying to say this shit with your best interest in mind. While I didn’t use as hard of drugs as you, I’ve been there and weed was just a replacement for a long time to achieve the same thing that my drugs of choice did-escape. Good luck.

It might not mess with gains but it will mess with your recovery.
T. 19 year old recovering heroin/meth (originally just the stuff you mentioned though) addict who has ended up relapsing every time they started smoking weed again

I appreciate the hard honesty, it’s uncommon nowadays. Respect.

This is me right now, lost a lot of weight from the drugs but slowly gaining it back

Attached: 60203F4F-3BD6-4712-B06C-F2C2F9818EDC.png (750x1334, 1.63M)

The tattoo covers a large scar from being slashed in juvie, I only got it so people didn’t ask where I got the scar everyday

What are you actually doing to "recover" if you're smoking weed "recovering" drug addict?

NA meetings, Psychiatrist visits, sponsors

>imagine being a recovering addict who lost size and still looking better and bigger than 90% of Jow Forums

tattoos
degenerate...

You wont be able to push yourself with pot filled lungs. Get edible pilled or quit all together

Thank you man! I’ve been at it since I was 15ish, got up to about 185lb, went down to 139lb from drug abuse and now I’m at 161 again :)

Yea I tried NA while smoking weed when I was 18 too. It doesn't work if you don't follow the recommendations and I assume you lie to people there about not smoking weed. It doesn't work out trust me. Are you working steps yet and does your sponsor know you smoke weed?

4 comments up from yours is my reasoning for the tattoo, I’m not a tattoo guy.

Yes, I have a medical card and it also just got legalized out here pretty recently.

Use weed to bulk dumb dumb

Lol get a new sponsor who's not a retard then. What is your card "prescribing" it for?

Tourette’s syndrome

you sound like the kind of scumbag who always has a pity party story to make people feel bad for you and give you slack for all your shitty decisions. whatever dude you sound like a huge piece of shit.

Just don't stink the goddamn gym up.

Okay, sorry you feel that way about me

yea exactly the kind of passive aggressive bullshit answer I would expect. fuck off.

I use it for bulking since I have a small appetite and for insomnia
I dunno It's fine for me

Nothing wrong with enjoying getting high
I will say that smoking hinders your cardiovascular ability. You will want to work on that. Weaning back sooner helps.
I use cannabis on Friday and Saturday evenings only. I would suggest not smoking every day, especially not while lifting.

>I got my mental health under control
You need drugs to go trough life, you definitely don't have your mental health under control

I’m thinking I’ll start to ween off soon, it’s been a safe amount of time. I only started using it more regularly to make the withdrawals easier which it worked amazingly for

Most mentally ill people take prescription drugs to get through life, aka antipsychotics antidepressants etc.

Guys I understand that it’s a coping method and it’s not helping the sobriety part, but I feel I have that under control the best I ever had, I was really just asking about effects on bodybuilding from experience

Good 4 appetite
Don't eat chips and shit
You'll have gains anyway because you're new
Don't worry so much brah

>Makes thread asking if pot will affect gains
>Everyone says yes
>"But I'm clean and sober now and this helps me coooope!"
You're a whiny bitch OP. Get back opiates and OD please

Attached: 1546905752574.jpg (1024x512, 80K)

It won't hinder your gains, but if you're a recovering addict you probably should consider not smoking every day. You're just replacing harmful addictions with a less harmful one at this point.

I've set multiple PRs while high, but I try not to do it every day.

Thanks brah

drug addicts are without exception human garbage

Ever gone to rehab? They'll tell you why weed is a terrible idea as a means to quit drugs. Though if you're clean of worse shit it might be a good patch in the meanwhile.

op just wants you to feel sorry for him so you'll tell him what he wants to hear, its standard addict manipulation shit.

I agree with you guys, I’ve done a lot of shitty things as a person. I’m not a good human by any means. All that I can do at this point is try to do better though.

You're gonna make it brah. I'm 25 and just kicked all the shit a few years ago, and yeah I replaced it with smonking weed. I'm not gonna tell you not to listen to the people ITT saying if you're smoking you don't have your mental health under control because there is some truth to that, but I firmly disagree from my own personal experience. I'd also argue that "reeeee replacing one addiction with a less harmful one" is genuinely fine, people like you and me know there's a wide disparity between injecting 2 day old blood filled syringes you found in your roommates mattress and toking a doobie in the evening. I just bought my first house and lift 3.5 days a week, and I smoke almost daily after work/gym. I consider myself clean even though some neckbeards might disagree, I'm not sticking a needle in my arm every few hours and am for all intents and purposes more successful than 99% of 4channers.

Anyway thanks for reading my blog, you got this OP. We're gonna make it brah.

Manlet

In the same scope am I just taking Test E to cope with? Don’t do any other Drugs.

Thank you so much brother, congratulations on kicking it. I know it was a hard ride, but we’re here. The other side.

Nah dude not yet. If I have any advice it's that we're not there yet, thinking like we've made it and beaten it is the thinking that will put us back there. Done it too many times lol
>sweet yea haven't copped a shot in like 3 weeks I'm clean as fuck lemme celebrate w a quick nod lmao

So yeah man congrats and be proud of yourself but not too proud that you slip up, you got a long ways to go and so do I before we make it. But we're gonna.

I drink caffeine, vape nicotine and weed to either raise or lower my blood pressure, relax and get everything moving in the body, cures constipation instantly. Not sure if it helps recovery but it sure feels good to hit a dab after having a great workout right before digging into a packed burrito

if your life is way better with weed to the point that you're employed, eating well and are in better mental health, you'd have to be an idiot to drop that for the sake of a few pounds of muscle. weed won't hinder you but may make cutting harder, may make you lazier in times of low motivation and make mess with your ability to breathe properly. otherwise play ball. also don't be reliant on weed, those who are are generally insufferable losers.

I miss getting high every day. I also miss taking LSD/MDMA and getting gay with a twink dressed as a woman. God, I hate being an adult. Trying to get a new job so I have to quit a lot of my nocturnal activities.

Attached: AFF504CE-AD58-4C0E-98E5-BB7E429EB592.jpg (563x751, 155K)

double edged sword mate, I've had some workouts high where I'll be rinsing through everything, things feel easier. I'll also have high workouts where they're just completely shit.

all in all weed is great, but sober lifting will 100% always be the best.

weed is for niggers

Attached: you're a nigger.jpg (480x360, 10K)

>my life has seriously improved since I started smoking it daily
Listen man I smoke Weed here and there but if you’re smoking daily you have a problem

just manage your smoking and youll be fine, but try and not hit more than 1-2 bowls a day and then go for only weekend etc

weed smoking while lifting is sick cause you get test higher from squats and deadlifts but the weed prevents you from losing your hair/bald due to higher test levels....pretty awesome