*makes conventional deadlifts obsolete*

*makes conventional deadlifts obsolete*

Attached: based22.jpg (420x293, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6279907/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6429007/
startingstrength.com/articles/squat_rippetoe.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Using a trap bar for deadlifts is a lot like a guy sucking your dick, it feels great but then you look down and realize you’re gay

Attached: 1257C1B9-F69C-4989-A947-B5877FBA3A60.jpg (1242x824, 791K)

There is absolutely nothing mechanically inferior about using a straight bar for the deadlift compared to the trap bar

*muffled snapping in the distance*

Attached: based21.jpg (619x847, 52K)

C e n t e r o f g r a v i t y

Attached: 1562639273235.jpg (1280x1280, 261K)

The argument in which you are trying to make is flat out retarded because of the variation in hip position for the deadlift. In fact there is no 'right' starting hip position for the deadlift, different positions recruit different muscles. So in theory, if you are mobile enough, you can have a low hip position and thus a low center of gravity

i'm sorry to hear that you never learned how to properly deadlift and you're forced to use a trap bar because you don't understand how hip hinge instead of squatting a deadlift lmao gains for me then ig

it's ok im actually an athlete so trap bar deadlifting is useful for more than stroking my ego about the quintessential gymcel lift

Onegai Muscle!

i'm glad to hear ur actually an athlete i bet ur one of those ones who heard that robert oberst bullshit and took it real seriously. i find the deadlift to be very useful to me because i work in logging and being capable of resisting lots of tension while maintaining an erect posture is very important to my work. i think it's better than a trap bar mostly because it allows you to resist more tension with your spine and it's erectors which enables your bones and cns to grow more rapidly to allow you to resist more weight. i get how you can train more explosively using a trap bar and this is beneficial to anything involving bursts of energy, but i think in terms of training to have the most strength that a conventional deadlift is the best lift due to the way that it taxes your spine

お願いマッスル!

also worth noting:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6279907/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6429007/

proofs in the pudding, deadlifts help your bones and strengthen your spine, the benefit of this is that your spine is where all other appendages stem from

Onegai Muscle!

kek

Onegai Muscle!

Onegai Muscle!

If I'm not going to compete, and i have a deep fear of snapping my shit up, is there any reason to NOT use the trap-bar?

I think most people should use the trap bar

if you are not going to compete you should use the trap bar, you can also use a bar that allows neutral grip during bench press if you are worried about injuries

Crazy how WSM uses the deadlift as a cornerstone for measuring strength while the traplift is used by DYEL’s compensating.

How about sumo?

*Teleports behind you*
Nothing personal kid

Attached: onlycorrectwaytodeadlift.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

fpbp

That's basically half squat combined with a forearm exercise

kek
I only do trap bars when there's nobody else in the gym because it feels great for my back but by god is it shameful stuff

I honestly find the straightbar deadlift form to be easier. It's more intuitive to me where to put my hands, my shins, my feet, etc.

t. pic related: weak, shit looking faggots who can't deadlift for shit anyway. post body/stats.

Attached: 1530247964755.png (319x330, 129K)

Yes I do conventional deadlifts every week, how could you tell?!

Attached: images (9).jpg (413x742, 20K)

Why would you actually get mad on the internet over how other people deadlift. What a waste of energy.

t. angry, weak, shit looking faggot projecting his impotent rage onto non-angry individuals. post body/stats, little man.

Why? I don't value your opinion so that would be useless.

I also sensed nothing but bitter hatred in your post. Are you actually accomplishing something here?

Absolutely based.

not an argument. post body/stats or concede that you're just a weak, bitter, passive aggressive, shit looking manlet.

>coping this hard because you know you look terrible and can't deadlift for shit

Attached: 1560850095575.png (256x192, 3K)

Onegai muscle!

That's fine. Think what you want. Gl dudes.

>i know i've been exposed, but too much of a passive aggressive bitch to admit it

i accept your admission of defeat. enjoy being weak while looking like shit, squirt.

Attached: 1560198191319.png (174x143, 21K)

Onegai Muscle

Something the matter?

Attached: 1563260057763.jpg (480x640, 12K)

>not doing barbell hack squats

that's just a gay squat

Onegai Muscle

>I take my shitposts on 4channel VERY seriously
lol fuck off faggot

Why yes, I do enjoy my barbells giving off a strong odor of nuts

>Stuck at 135kg CDL
>Have been stuck at 135kg for a couple months
>5kg away from 3 pl8
I want to just do it but i don't want to go to snapcity.

I've read the thread but no one has yet to offer an argument why you should use the weird bar instead

ONEGAI MUSCLE

I've been meaning to test the Jefferson deadlift, but kinda forgot about it. Is it worth the weird stares you'll get?

Onegai Muscle!

Attached: 8568ADA0-0027-4572-B83B-7E36B93D0A97.jpg (1242x1237, 1017K)

Lmao
Trap bars, almost as gay as being inside a trap

Haha, yea who would want to do that? I mean nobody in their right mind would want to empty their nutsack inside a cute trap would they haha

I think it's just easier for some people's ROM

Onegai Muscle

Onegai Muscle!

No they wouldnt, because they wouldnt want HIV or a poop covered peepee

You know what other thing greatly varies and renders your argument completely obsolete? Human height.
Trap bars are good because you can focus on your lift without having to worry about not making the tiniest mistake in form on every rep because they allow for more natural occurring movement, they're superior since they remove a risk factor no matter how much you want to pretend that they are inferior because mainstream fitness culture has indoctrinated you to believe that anything else but 'muh deadlifts' are inferior to them.
Hell, even deadlifting with a goddamn fucking Kettlebell provides a better center of weight than with an Olympic bar

Shouldn't the arguments be AGAINST the weird bar? What's so good about the shin scrape risk?

>a poop covered peepee
I have had a poop covered peepee banging girls up the arse plenty of times. I don't even wince at it anymore, just wipe it off after and wash my weiner in the sink.

Based

Attached: 1562137215682.png (704x756, 630K)

Attached: 1562988635122.png (230x230, 47K)

Fpbp

>squirt
You sound like the kind of autist to think actually calling someone this irl would make you look alpha.

Attached: 1560495319541.png (290x290, 125K)

>shin scraper
Don't lean back you retard. Go up

based swineposter

Don't worry: I'm not buying one of these weird bars just for deads but it logically follows that if both of these bars give you the exact same benefits but one carries ANY amount more risk than the other: the one with no risk is better.
So it's the one with the risk you should have to argue for.
eg. Maybe you do in fact get more benefits with the riskier option.

Trap bar deadlifts are much closer to squats, they don't hit your posterior chain nearly as much

First post based post

Attached: 1561326994504.jpg (700x925, 61K)

Of course it is.

*blocks your way*

Attached: hqdefault(3).jpg (480x360, 13K)

Attached: boi.jpg (1280x1084, 218K)

Attached: 1559356269147.jpg (331x332, 15K)

Except the entire mechanics of the whole lift

I’ll take slightly less lumbar strain for a more balanced movement pattern that allows for more weight, more acceleration, and less chance of injury.

Convential mimics real world pickups, Hex is good for a switch but there's no IRL Utility.

I zercher deadlift

>not picking up two heavy buckets at a time

I'm off to do Hex Bar deadlifts right now. If another dude sucks my dick that makes him gay, not me.

Attached: 1537861767317.png (602x585, 365K)

>this BETA KEK is watching his WIFE fuck her GF with unfulfilled HOPES of a THREESOME, and basically you're fucking stupid....

I bow to better perspective.

>looking straight forward at the bottom

Attached: rEDoPQT.png (390x444, 90K)

/thread

FPBP, like usual

thats one
>im dead inside
smile

I have never seen a less attractive group of people.

based zerchad

that's like saying leg press makes bb squat obsolete lol

Attached: mr.jpg (1016x647, 326K)

The absolute irony of #3 when he himself preaches low bar squats because you can use more weight and gives no other justifications...

>the Aasgaard Company
>that avatar
>obese fuck that can barely move properly
>can barely lift any more due to his retarded lifting philosphy grinding away his joints over the years

lmao

Xd haha guys le funny Instagram meme haha em I right haha, postin in ebin thread haha, don't forget to like and subscribe

Yeah there is, the moment arm on the spine is way greater, making it more dangerous.
The trap bar has also been proven in studies to increase athletic strength and power better than the regular deadlift.

Attached: 1562718278614.jpg (504x621, 22K)

Haha guys dont forget to follow @fit_memes_and_greentexts

>NO FUN ALLOWED!!! if something is humorous then it's reddit and i hate it
kys

This is a gay-advocacy eritrean copper-shaping board, why is this meant to be fun?

Attached: 1562340087203.png (668x426, 207K)

>he himself preaches low bar squats because you can use more weight and gives no other justifications
He preaches low bar squat because of more posterior chain activation, using the same muscles but bearing a larger load; read the book retard
>can barely lift any more due to his retarded lifting philosphy grinding away his joints over the years
He squatted 315x15 and deadlifted 500x1 a while ago, and did 20 chin ups while weighing probably over 220, which is more than many on Jow Forums

>he himself preaches low bar squats because you can use more weight and gives no other justifications...
Toe endorses the low bar squat because it recruits the hamstrings more effectively than high bar squats or front squats. Stop being dumb.

startingstrength.com/articles/squat_rippetoe.pdf
See pages 4-5

What does 6 mean?

nice trips. I think it means that the lockout isn't stable. Like at the end of the deadlift, the bar is secure against your thighs, it's not moving. The same thing can't be said for the trap bar deadlift.

Attached: 3uzjNDv.jpg (530x476, 96K)

Hmm, that makes sense