Questions that don't deserve their own thread thread

QTDDTOT: best girl edition:
My lower on the right side back hurt from squatting and I think it has to do with me having a developed glute medius on the right and not on the left. Also should I just not do legs until it heals?

Attached: mQtF6jMg.jpg (728x1028, 77K)

Can you rewrite your first sentence in English?

What lifting routine burns the most calories?

I was trying to say my lower back on my right side hurts whenever I do a squat or deadlift. I'm probably guessing it's because I'm compensating because of my weak ass! Am I right with my assessment?
>also, what's your experience level at? If you're a beginner just go ahead and do lifting and Cardio

I've been working out for 2 weeks. I can squat 60kg for 5, press 30kg for 5, bench 40kg for 5 and deadlift 90kg for 5. Is that good?

good baseline, but numbers aren't really important when you first start, what matters is that you keep making progress.

Are the ratios right? I feel like my bench squat should be a bit higher compared to my deadlift

It seems that I suffer from anterior pelvic tilt. Do I have to refrain from lifting, esp deadlifts, since they use the lower back so much, until my posture issue is fixed? I do not want to make it worse. Does any of you have any experience with this posture problem?

Attached: IMG_20190718_202506.jpg (1920x2560, 1.45M)

Work glues and strengthen abs! And don't let go of deadlifts because they are a good posterior chain exercise!

haven't eaten in 16 hours, gonna eat a ~300kcal breakfast, then not eat again for another 12-ish hours, should I essentially count my cal intake as 0 by then?

24 hours usually make up a day, user.

right, but I'm already at a deficit, and 12 hours from now is longer than a normal nights sleep, so it's basically a new day... right?

What exercises would you advise?

Leg raises and glute bridges

When I do ab/serr/oblique exercises my back is the first to feel the burn and ultimately what makes me stop the set, I feel the burn in my abs still. But I must be doing something wrong right? Or maybe it’s good that I’m hitting the lower back muscles too?

Do y'all consider hammer curls a biceps or forearm exercise?

I consider them a “hey guys look how pumped I am” “””””””exercise”””””

best way to make foreskin gains?

Should I call her out for taking so long to reply to my messages?

It’s just women, my girlfriend is fucking SLOW at responding to shit. She only responds when I write. If her friends write her she can take 1-4 hours after seeing the message before she replies. As a person who responds instantly to most people I find it infuriating

you got any tips to suppress the frustration? This shit seriously drives me up the wall

how do i fix sway back?
also my lower back hurts from military press, did i add too much weight?
t. started 3 weeks ago

Just do something else. It’s the only way, distract yourself from her. For many it’s this stupid game about not seeming desperate/too interested.

is it worth knocking up your girl just to get access to unlimited amounts that sweet titty juice? srsly considering

does lifting actually help with self esteem?

Attached: 1558864111186.png (458x546, 138K)

Depends on your belief system and your thought pathways. It can be good bad or neutral depending on how you think.

I have thick chest, belly, leg and arm hair and thinner hair on my back, shoulders, upper arm.

What spots should I trim with an electric razor and which spots should I be looking to shave all the way?

Because of my schedule I have to lift 3 days in a row(basically xxxxABA) so should I do full-body(might be too taxing) or Upper Lower?

Is L-Carnitine supposed to be giving me anxiety?

this whole board is the proof it doesn't

I want to wear Lycra shorts over my swimsuit in the gym pool, is this acceptable or will I be bullied? I won’t go to the pool otherwise.

Attached: 16E54D42-0984-46AB-BD15-90A9C8AEED1C.jpg (342x436, 9K)

Do I have to go AMRAP on my last sets of Boring But Big? Not to be confused with the Boring But Big 3 month Challenge.

Attached: 1548772759049.jpg (528x352, 23K)

How do I get out of a chokehold from the front where my forehead is touching the other person's chest and they have their arm around my neck? Alternatively, what is this position even called?
No punching or kicking, just a manlet wrestling with my m8s

Is HIIT meme? Can I build muscle and endurance while losing fat with HIIT?

My pectoral muscles look disgusting. they don't even match visually and both of them are squared. I've been bench pressing and dumb bell press since they are the only things I can do at my gym for about 3 months now. Granted I know it's a short time frame but I don't think it should look this bad.

How do I get that full / rounded look to them instead of the square looking shit I have now? What other exercises can I do If I can't do cables or dips?

My gym just import this,what is this thing?

Attached: IMG_20190719_181732.jpg (2448x3264, 2.05M)

I'm following Lyle Mcdonald's general bulking routine, which is ABxABxx.
My legs however are already freakishly big compared to my upper body.

What should I do? I have a ton of free time up until late September so I can go every day.

A (lower body)
> squats 3 x 6-8
> SL deads 3 x 6-8
> leg press 3 x 10-12
> rest is calve exercises

B (upper body)
> BP 4 x 6-8
> row 3-4 x 8
> OHP 3 x 10
> weighed chins 3 x 12
> biceps curl 2 x 10
> dips 2 x 12

Ditch leg press
Replace squat with Zercher squat (lighter weight and uses more back/traps)
Replace SLDL with snatch grip DL (same as above)

BOXING or POWERLIFTING?

I have a membership at one of the largest Boxing clubs in Norway, which is divided into a "Strength Hall" and a "Boxing Hall". I pay about $65/mo for access, however $35 of that goes to cover the Strength Hall. The cost is not really an issue.

I am doing powerlifting with a club and have been doing it since March 2019. It's fun and all, but I also want to learn how to defend myself (anyone who pays attention to the demographic and political climate will understand why). What I've come to realize is that there is no way for me to combine the two.
I do full body workouts three times per week, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. In between that I practice Boxing or do HIIT/cardio stuff.

I just can't figure out a way to make it work, so I am forced to choose. What kind of physique can I expect after a couple of years as a Boxer at ~83kg/183lbs VS Powerlifting?

What would you suggest? That I just keep doing Powerlifting or give up Boxing? Is there a way to do both?

Attached: gym.jpg (3264x1836, 633K)

thanks fren

what about adding another day in the routine for abs and extra isolation exercises (shoulders and chest)

Why can you not do both? Lots of people do cardio on off days.

I find that the extra work (cardio + Boxing) interferes with my ability to increase my lifts in Powerlifting, as I am pretty fatigued most of the time. I can do my exercises, but they feel extremely exhausting - like I'm always about to feint.

Bunp

There's only one sure way to get out of a proper rear naked choke. Not get there in the first place.

Im a manlet :'(

Well to do the choke properly they have to get their head next to yours so just run away when they bend down lol

Ahh, a tactical retreat. Sound advice. I appreciate it.

You're welcome my short friend

Any UKfags in here? I won the set for life lottery (£10k/month for 30 years) and I want to build a home gym. Any site/shop recommendations? Preferably with installation services.

Attached: 1543124661631.jpg (470x470, 146K)

6'4'', 100kg here, at least 25%bf atm. I started Stronglifts around a month ago and so far strength gains are good. I've been trying to clean bulk, but it doesn't seem like I'm losing any fat.

Question is, should I cut right now or wait until I'm at least a few months in and have made some noticeable gains?

What is the proper way to hypertrophy lift?

Say I want to do curls, should I do about 12 reps on low weight, then work my way up in weight until I max out on 12 reps? That's how I've been doing it.

Attached: dummythick.jpg (1037x1333, 191K)

Start with a weight you can't do 12 reps for desired amount of sets and lift it untill you can. Then increase the weight, rinse and reapeat

Should I ever do cardio? I can lift 1/2/3/4 now. But jog a kilometer and I’m out of breathe like a chainsmoking overweight 70year old walking up the stairs, and I’m only 10% bw

is L carnitine a meme?

>I have the endurance of a pensioner, should I try and improve it?

The weird thing is I can walk for miles and miles with a 40pound backpack, at a brisk speed, but as soon as I jog/run it goes down shit creek

cut now
time under tension, mind muscle connection
150min LISS per week is the absolute minimum you should do
all legal supplements are a meme

So I personally can't curl a full set of 35lbs. You're saying to do a series of sets of about 30lbs until I can 35, then increase?

Attached: 7wpim2na45b31.jpg (1080x1347, 532K)

thats because walking aint shit. everyone does it all their lives.

Do straight arm planks and push ups get easier on your wrists with time?

Cardio is highly specific. If you don't run you'll gas out quickly while running that's it. As long as you're not fat and get your cardio in other ways (biking, hiking) you should be just fine.
You should curl with the 35 unitll you can do full sets. Then icrease the weight

Noob here. I'm doing some whole body bodyweight routine and with it, it is not enough for me to have one rest day between exercise days, I need to take two rest days. Do you think I should instead shorten my workouts, but try to have them every other day?

How long ago have you started and what's the routine? If you're absoulutely new then you might be pretty tired for the first couple of workouts untill your body adjusts. Also make sure you eat and sleep enough
If you have fucked up wrists do some mobility work or plank/pushup on handles/knuckles

If I shit out before finishing the set, should I rest for a minute then continue?

Finally started lifting recently. Wanted to build up some muscle. Did some research and trying to figure out a good routine first. For now I'm just doing 3 sets of bicep curls. My questions are, is it normal to feel pain in the cubital fossa area during or after lifting? Biceps feel a bit swollen but I assume that's normal. Should I also stop lifting if I've developed a small bruise on my bicep? For how long?

Nothing wrong with spliting the sets if you can't finish them at once imho. Make sure not to overdo it though

Is my gf fat or is she a THICC braphog?

Attached: 2019-07-19_08.29.10.jpg (926x975, 864K)

fat as fuck, just good angle

Not enough pictures to assess properly

Been doing it for 3 months or so. Pullups, pushups or dips, plank or leg/knee raises, pistols, three circuits of these. Now after watching some Papa Jeff, I'm thinking of doing two circuits per workout, but hopefully more often.

I've been trying to eat and sleep more than I would before and with some success. Still seeing some progress in dips, puships, pistols, but not pullups, and it feels like my grip and forearms are lagging behind and maybe not recovering well.

Circuits aren't really optimal for stength/hypertrophy in all honesty. If you are after those straight sets would be your best bet

Thanks will try straight sets then. What about supersets, like pullups into dips? Still not good?

looks thicc from that angle

>What about supersets, like pullups into dips? Still not good?
Supersets are nice and all but you do need to get enough rest between excercises. As long as you're seeing progress it's all fine

how can i get thicker and bigger waist as a skelly? not toned or ripped or the vtaper thing. i just wanna get bigger. i can see my legs getting bigger and arms and shoulders but... how tf do you make your waist bigger

Let's settle this debate once and for all: what's the best time to do some stretching, before or after the workout?

Attached: image.png (640x640, 38K)

If it’s just your m8s chances are they don’t have a proper grip put both hands together inside the head lock and push outwards while stepping behind them, then sink two hooks into the back and strangle

Dynamic stretches between the sets to conserve time
Work your abs and obliques

after to avoid injury.. little warm up before to get in the zone (baby weights through the movements)

In terms of progress, mu pullups are still at 8-10, and it feels like my grip and forearms fail before my back does. I guess I'll give them a bit of rest and then rethink my pullup routine.

>Work your abs and obliques
i dont want abs .. wont ab workouts just workout my midsection? but i read that working your obliques work. farmer walks and side bends make them bigger... is this true?

If your grip is weak you may want to add some hangs at the end of you workout. If you want to increase your reps there are routines tailored for that (russian fighter/armstrong )

For a good part the size of your waist is determined by your genetics. Some people have the cereal box look others a nutral v.
>I dont want abs
Why though?

fuck genetics so ur saying my waist will forever be like this?

i dont like how abs look they look weird

are you lost?

>they look weird
W-what?
>forever be like this
It would certainly help if you posted the picture of your waist mate

im just starting out okay dont bully me i look gross

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 9.18.02 PM.jpg (1092x1024, 166K)

>abs look weird
>pic related
common user. its like youre actively trying not to make it.,

You shouldn't bother with minor stuff just now. For now focus on proper eating and working out. Also clean your mirror

Right lads, posted booty pics earlier. I've got an issue.

So, 5"11, 183lbs. On a cut. Frequent users might recognize me and my complaining.

I'm doing a regular PHUL routine with some added accessories, and I'm throwing in cardio, PT, and ab work as well on fitting days.

For example, today was my hypertrophy upper. I completed it, then went on to abs. I crashed halfway through. Just burnt out, no more energy. Didn't even complete cardio either.

My Abs is such, 3-5 sets of:
Planks (Timed)
Flutter kicks (Timed)
Crunches (Until failure)
Leg lifts (Until failure)

My goal is 5 sets per abs, but the most I average is 3.

What can I do boys? I want to up my endurance, but I just feel that wall there. I try to push through but it ends up biting me in the ass.

Attached: l7cjgr6r50b31.jpg (600x799, 78K)

i dont feel like eating at the moment but i have over 1500kcal left

help

how do you get out of that mode? compound lifts, a lot of protein and mainteance? or bulk or cut? fuck the interent is full of programms for skinny or fat people but for "skinnyfats" theres so much freaking stuff going the opposite direction

m8.. is it required to have abs for everyone?

yeah youre right.. i just feel a bit concerned since everything else on my body im seeing slight difference already

lmao i agree its so hard for us skinnyfats. i regret not working out earlier on when i was just skin and bones

im still confused if i should bulk or cut since im full of fat but if i cut i would just be skelly... fuck

Depends on what your goals are. If started as a skinny fuck so I simply trainined kek. Make sure your protein intake is proper and you work hard enough. If you're an absoulute newb you can drop fat and build muscle at the same time so don't worry too much about it imho
>m8.. is it required to have abs for everyone
No but everyone should have strong core. And if you do have that and are not fat you'll see the abs anyway.

so... high protein intake and just lift and eat? shouldn't i track my kcal?

bro
YOU'VE GOT TO LIVE IT

meaning...? i feel full from the shake 2 hours ago

im the guy on the pic.. when i started a month ago i bulked like crazy. i didnt track calories but i ate shit so i think i gained 10lbs already! should i just slow down with bulking or just not eat much? i asked about this before but i got mixed comments.. some say lean bulk, or just maintain and cut

Well of course you should. How else are you going to know if you eat enough. Alternatively you can always cut to skelly and lean bulk from there