How do we end the calisthentics meme?

How do we end the calisthentics meme?

Im sick of skinny fuckers who do nothing but push ups or burpees calling me fat when i power lift more in a set than they could in a fucking week.

Body weight shit is worse for your joints, doesnt exercise your back, and makes you look like a fucking dyel. If you do any body weight shit fucking stop it and pick up a copy of ss or something involving weights for fucks sake. You people are pathetic in the eyes of the fitness community and nobody other than you thinks you are in good shape.

Attached: 1548589005071.jpg (620x471, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25853914
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28834797
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5548165/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4899398/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5fbLq2gIDA8
plagueofstrength.com/what-exactly-is-ideal-to-cut-or-not-to/
plagueofstrength.com/you-can-be-strong-as-fuck-or-ripped-to/
plagueofstrength.com/the-last-couple-decades-werent-jus/
plagueofstrength.com/powerbuilding-2-its-not-just-abou/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eat less, fatty.

You should let people do what they have fun, and support them for their healthy choices. Part of making it is becoming a positive force in the world.

>Body weight shit is worse for your joints, doesnt exercise your back
Yeah it's not like most of the calisthenics movements require strong back, also what are pull-ups/rows/levers kek. Bad bait eat less fatty

Attached: 729.gif (340x340, 137K)

>doesnt exercise your back,
>What are pull ups?

The fucking retards on this board I swear

How many push ups can you do user?

the first step for making it is to stop giving a fuck about others and focus on yourself.

calisthenics are GOAT and build functional muscle mass in your body

cope more tubby, have fun being a bloat pig picking up progressively heavier objects day by day until your heart gives out at 60yrs max

take the cardio/calisthenics pill before it's too late for your health

Attached: 10CD22A9-E82D-4122-8B3D-DB467C55B1C8.jpg (440x391, 36K)

The pic in OP looks better than 99% of people.

at least they're not doing cardio

>i'm much stronger than the guys i let bully me

just sit on them you fat cunt

You do realize OP is baiting or shitposting and is actually not a powerlifter, right

have sex incel

Attached: 1561693366731.jpg (1544x1352, 417K)

Stop being fat.

>He's shitposting
Yes and so do I. Cali is still the GOAT doe

So does callisthenics have progression at all? It's not like you can just increase the weight. Do you just up the reps?

You progress the technique so you can stay in lower rep ranges. It always surpirses me people don't know it desu

Simple solution: stop being a whiny bitch who cares what some random twink thinks about you.

I can do a pull up with one arm and you can't even hold on to the bar.

Not at all. You start out able to hold a planche and do a muscle up with one arm.

Attached: Olympic-gymnastic-rings.jpg (640x458, 19K)

Seething.

Whats your front squat?

stay mad, fatty.

You should probably put own the fork

Found OP

Attached: IMG_20190718_143811.jpg (596x595, 65K)

>doesn't exercise your back
do some research before trying to post about your insecurities faggot

This looks like a fat woman untill you see the face lol

>body weight squat

You're fat, bro. Nobody gives a fuck how much you lift.

Attached: 1525198261883.jpg (498x667, 35K)

I can do 25 bodyweight pull ups in one set, and my 5 rep max with weights is 40 kilos, I also max out the lat pulldown effortlessly, all this despite being a 70 kilogram twinkboi. What about you bro?

BASED

Attached: 1563381274933.jpg (768x768, 112K)

>doesn't work out your back
>what are pull ups

Doing purely calisthenics is a joke, yes, but at the same time only lifting weights is also not ideal. If you’re really fit you’re able to move around heavy ass weight but also control your body well, nobody gives a shit if you can bench 365 for 2 reps at 275 body weight if you can’t even pull your own bodyweight up. In the same way nobody gives a shit if you can do 20 body weight pull ups at 140 if you can’t even squat more than 100lbs.

adding reps to basic calisthenic movements like pushups and chinups is enough for progressing in hypertrophy. Progressing techniques to gymnastic shit like handstand pushups and levers is only necessary if you actually want to increase strength.
>Effects of Low- vs. High-Load Resistance Training on Muscle Strength and Hypertrophy in Well-Trained Men
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25853914
>Strength and Hypertrophy Adaptations Between Low- vs. High-Load Resistance Training: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28834797
>The Effect of Different Resistance Training Load Schemes on Strength and Body Composition in Trained Men
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5548165/
>Impact of high versus low fixed loads and non-linear training loads on muscle hypertrophy, strength and force development
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4899398/

>closed kinetic chain exercices are worse for your joints
oh my god the fucking retard, no one gives a fuck how much weight you lift if you can't even climb up a fence you fat sack of gymcel shit

>adding reps to basic calisthenic movements like pushups and chinups is enough for progressing in hypertrophy
You're not wrong. Staying in the lower rep ranges is simply more optimal than doing hundres of reps of basic excercises. It not only saves you on time but won't endanger your tendons nearly as much imho

>Cali guys are skinnier then me
>Therefore Cali should be forbidden

Lmao at THE NUCLEAR COPE of this fatfaggot

Wow your fat and you can pick up heavy shit with little effort? What an achievement man. Your an inspiration.

*sips double IPA with grapefruit infusion*
Hey friendo, did you know that
*combs beard*
SS and SL
*checks iPhone XX-plus for Salon updates*
is a good program
*walks into bathroom stall and locks door behind him to urinate*
for
*puts on seatbelt*
beginner
*mails in taxes before april 15*
lifters!

Attached: CCC6DCDB-1E51-4927-95E1-AA60E51C2529.jpg (320x180, 11K)

>Body weight shit is worse for your joints
Are you sure about that? Ask how many people got fucked because of pushups compared to people that got fucked because of deadlift and squat

>doesnt exercise your back
>what are pull ups
>what are inverted rows

You're just jealous they look aesthetic while you're fatty hehe, no one gives a shit about how much you can lift in a controlled environment, endurance is what matters

>replying to stale copypasta
Fuck off summerbitch.

>So does callisthenics have progression at all?
Yes

>It's not like you can just increase the weight.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5fbLq2gIDA8

>Do you just up the reps?
Yes, but you can also change the exercise to something harder

I like watching fat guys gas out. Your so cute when your vulnerable.

>puts on seatbelt
>mails in taxes before April 15
You had me until these.

bahahaha
>what are pullups
>what are bridges

He lost me at the beginning and won me over with those.

>doesnt exercise your back
>mfw

Attached: Png.png (420x420, 137K)

>Im sick of skinny fuckers who do nothing but push ups or burpees calling me fat
>Thus, having the highest possible relative strength should be your primary concern, rather than the greatest absolute strength. This, of course, flies in the face of the conventional online wisdom that "he who lifts the most wins", as anyone who's not a sloppy fucking mass of adipose tissue would be far more impressed with a stupendous lift by a guy with visable musculature than they would with a Louis Cyr lookalike's world-shattering lift. This is why everyone shits their pants about Stan Efferding, Joe Ladnier, and Matt Kroczaleski when there's a new record broken in the squat by a different circus fat man every 45 minutes. This is also the reason why most of you know who 170 lb Bulgarian Olympic Ivan Stoitsov is, and have seen his pic a thousand times, but have no idea who Tatiana Kashirina is, in spite of the fact that she probably clean and jerks what you deadlift.
>If you're wondering why no one knows the name of a fat Russian chick who holds the world record in the clean and press and the snatch (a chick who probably outlifts the vast majority of us on just about everything), don't. Fat people aren't really people- they're placeholders where people should be. No one wants to look at them, strong or not, nor be around them long enough to locate their genitalia and fuck. They look like shit, wheeze when they breathe, and are in mortal danger of stroking out when doing anything other than doing a single repetition on one of their pet exercises or eating. This doesn't change much when a fat guy or girl picks up something heavy- we expect them to be able to do so when the object they're lifting is a fraction of their bodyweight, no matter how heavy that object is. Thus, if really doesn't matter that a fat person is all that strong.
>plagueofstrength.com/what-exactly-is-ideal-to-cut-or-not-to/
>plagueofstrength.com/you-can-be-strong-as-fuck-or-ripped-to/

>plagueofstrength.com/the-last-couple-decades-werent-jus/
>plagueofstrength.com/powerbuilding-2-its-not-just-abou/

kek

There are no calisthenics exercises for your lower back

>powerlifter

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1543994726491.jpg (1536x2560, 1000K)

Agree. Calisthenics are just poor man's gymnastics.
Just fucking go to the gym.

>You people are pathetic in the eyes of the fitness community and nobody other than you thinks you are in good shape.

I swear to moot you're so close yet so far away from being there.

Im only doing calisthenics because i have no money

it's not like 50% of the exercises (the most important ones - ) you can do with weight attached to your belt
fucking idiot

SEETHING

fpbp

How do you even train shoulders with bodyweight?

his abs look shopped

Power shitters should stop spreading the meme to begin with

Calisthenics progressions aren-t even hard to understand, exercise easy, switch leverage, exercise hard. You can test this yourself, go into a push up position, put your hands near belly button level and try to push up. You could also use decline pushups as a progression and eventually move on to planche pushups.

Also, you only require gymnastics rings as a bare minimum, you don-t even need to go weighted calisthenics. Gymnasts dont even touch weights.

>muh legs
Only thing you can argue with, even then all you would need to do is add squats to your routine.

>muh joints
Using gymnastic rings promotes joint health, specially doing pull ups which allows the wrists to seek a comfortable position.

>doesn't exercise your back

Pull ups and inverted rows like another user mentioned

>makes you look like a fucking dyel

Post body and have sex

What if I just like boxing?

Never met a swole weightlifting ripped guy that was any good at it irl.

Not to say there’s zero weights in the boxing club, but I think the heaviest one is an adjustable barbell that’s been loaded to 80lbs since the place opened 30 years ago.