Bicycle

Why did no one tell me outdoor biking was so fun ? It's literally the only form of cardio that isn't boring as hell (in addition to hiking).

Any tips for a beginner ?

Attached: Puck-Moonen-Lotto-Soudal-la-plus-roulée-des-femmes-cyclistes-sexy.jpg (640x799, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencefocus.com/news/more-than-half-of-motorists-view-cyclists-as-subhuman-cockroaches/
streamable.com/kusrw
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i don't drive so i ride this bad boy everywhere during the summer

Attached: yosemite.jpg (600x378, 61K)

Try not to get hit by a car.

Is it hard to ride your bike everywhere during winter ?

Not the other guy, but I live in Montreal (Canada). Winter biking is a death sentence.

I live in France, it rarely gets lower than -5°C, will I be fine ?

Not with an MTB, with 2,4--> tyres.

that bike is for women, it has that gap for the dress/skirt to go down

Protective eyewear and a helmet is a must.

Don't expect people in cars to see you, err on the side of caution.

Find local bicycle routes in Forest Preserves, nicer than road biking and less cars.

Download Strava to help track distances, speed and time cycling. It is free.

I don't see why not. Not really the cold that's a bother, it's the levels of snow. Last winter we had 3-4 polar vortexes break down above our city, which resulted in fucking insane snow storms. Massive snow heaps, plus proximity to cars, plus horrible city drivers and people sliding would more or less guarantee death.

If you get winters like my family gets in Poland, you should be fine. Just dress appropriately and have a bike with thick enough tyres I guess. Pay extra care to maintenance and make it weather appropriate.

For me, personally, when winter falls I'll just get into rock climbing for fun and do sprints indoors or use the rowing/stationary bike at my gym. Just maintain your cardio/abilities in the winter and use the metro system or public transit in the winter. It'll be over before you know it.

Bro, if you trust these drivers to not straight murder you, go ahead. I believe in ya.

I've been fantasizing about riding a bike late at night when there are no cars on the road. I'm worried about buying a shit bike and I haven't had the motivation to research them yet. I'll probably just go into a bike shop and ask the owner to recommend something for me.

I find jumping the rope to be quite fun too, with all the tricks ans shit.

Enjoy getting hit by a car dumbass

I'm too /o/ I can't support cycling except mountain biking, sorry but I see you as subhuman and would run you off the road if I knew I wouldn't get caught

sciencefocus.com/news/more-than-half-of-motorists-view-cyclists-as-subhuman-cockroaches/

Attached: no.png (1145x816, 366K)

I mtb and its p fun. wouldnt ever road bike tho. dressing like a fag and getting hit by a car sounds shit

the first bike I bought was a piece of shit. ask your local bike shop and they will give you good advice. also try

Attached: 475678673.png (900x471, 355K)

imagine being this insecure

based

Well at a bike shop you are invariably going to pay a lot more for a bike. But it'll be put together way better than say a department store bike. The last bike I bought was a department store bike because I know how to go over their crappy assembly job and make the appropriate adjustments.
For the most part a bike is a bike. Experienced cyclists will always tell you 'the engine' is the most important part of any bike. And it's true. Like the other day I was out on the trail with a new 'comfort' cruiser that I bought from the department store, because I'm a nostalgiafag and love the swept back pursuit bars on such a bike, passing onion knights on their 3000 dollar roadies. And then some old (but fit) guy came and passed us all, without breaking a sweat, on some 20 year old mountain bike with a milk crate bungee corded to it full of hobo equipment.
A used bike can actually be a decent buy if it's been taken care of. With a new bike you're going to have to deal with cable stretch and all that fun stuff. (For the first couple of months of frequent use get ready for your brake cables stretching by an inch each and fucking up your brake travel)
Truth be told though buying your first bike at a proper bike shop also comes with the added benefit of them having the experience and know-how to fit you for a bike properly. And once you are fitted for your first adult bike you never need to be fitted again.

>riding a bike late at night
god, that shit is such a great experience after a hot summer day

lmao anglos are insecure as fuck

This is why I've actually door kicked a landscaping truck in moving traffic.

It's fun, watch out for cars, and use bike lanes or trails whenever possible. Also, make sure to keep your knees straight and fit your bike to yourself properly, otherwise you'll destroy your IT bands.

Would buying a shit bike give me leg gains?
Would having to put more power into pedaling be a good thing for hypertrophy?

Underrated tip.

Attached: 181014-military_humor_3-3160.jpg (800x598, 82K)

It's not all cyclists. It's those tryhards who dress up in something like pic related and ride around in packs like they own the road. They're responsible for the deaths of dozens of old people every year in western Europe and I wish nothing upon them but a slow and painful death.

Attached: 63cbaf1f78a4db0ee71743a374c4a36a.jpg (508x772, 57K)

They're basically the equivalent of 3rd wave feminism.

We want to be treated as vehicles! Except at stop lights/signs, lanes, signalling, speed, yielding, and stopping for pedestrians in crosswalks... Basically these cunts just want to ride in the middle of the street for no fucking reason when there's a sidewalk right there.

I'm and I'll agree that these hardos suck. I went on a 28 miler the other day that took me through a rich suburb and these boomers get legit mad seeing someone on a $400 hybrid blow by them in shorts and a t-shirt with a backpack on. They'll also ride in the road even if there's a perfectly good shoulder because "technically" they can. Absolute cunts.

>Basically these cunts just want to ride in the middle of the street for no fucking reason when there's a sidewalk right there.
We can't ride in the sidewalk, and I won't unless there's no shoulder for a long while on a busy street. Pedestrians are retarded and will cause wrecks, plus you get a huge fine for riding on the sidewalk.

streamable.com/kusrw

cyclists are universally hated. they're hated by pedestrians, hated by motorists, and hated by other cyclists. cyclists want to break every rule while at the same time screeching at everybody else while shitting up roads for everyone.

>Pedestrians are retarded and will cause wrecks
Save for the actual city riding, the sidewalk is fine. There's rarely anyone actually on them and when there is you literally just go into the grass so there's no confusion about who is going which way. This shit isn't rocket science.

>you're in a death machine

Cyclists are the vegans of transportation

so when do we start spamming "her"

>There's rarely anyone actually on them and when there is you literally just go into the grass so there's no confusion about who is going which way. This shit isn't rocket science.
There aren't always sidewalks, and if there are, there isn't always grass. Also, sidewalks buckle and create legit hazards for some people. I treat them like ramps when that happens, but I ride a hybrid that can handle that. Road bikes get caught by transfers and shit like that.

Honestly, you shouldn't have an issue with cyclists on a shoulder unless you're a shit driver. The assholes that ride in the road for no reason other than the fact that they "can" deserve to be hit. I won't argue that. I've also experienced drivers that have no fucking clue what to do with me on the shoulder. They'll hold up traffic, get all squirrelly, and will just sit in my blind spot for some reason. Waving them on and screaming fucking go is the only thing that works. I'd prefer you just stay in your lane and blow by me at 60 so we can both be done with each other. If there's space and you want to bleed over the double yellow, that's just polite.

I use hand signals as well. I know 90% of cyclists don't, but 99% of motorists don't know what the fuck they do.

theyre pretty gay but how are they killing old people? sounds like cope

i live in the actual first world, theres people on the sidewalks and its not safe to ride there

I'm a cyclist. These turbovirgins blast old people crossing the road and turn them into dust because they either can't act quick enough or are too afraid to dump their bike.

Vehicles were a mistake.

Road rage didn't exist before someone invented cars and turned normal people into >40 IQ negroid troglodytes.

Mountain biking in the woods and mountains with loud music blasting into your ears is rock and roll as fuck

Cycling on the road in tights on a race bike is fucking homo behaviour and I laugh so much at them being pushed off into bushes by passing chavs

based

The only problem with those is that they are heavy as fuck

Do you have twigs for legs or something? Heavy bikes are great for training.

Get a cheap used singlespeed (not FIXIE) make sure check that brakes work. Wheels are good and the bike size fits you.

post an example please

someone post the bike girl with the BIG hips

Attached: 1505951527287s.jpg (250x250, 12K)

>yfw

Attached: Soy Fueled.jpg (500x500, 79K)

Go to your Craigslist (or equivalent) and type in singlespeed bike. Can't be assed to find a pic. But their big advantage is that they are simple, requires almost no maintenance etc.

>I use hand signals as well. I know 90% of cyclists don't, but 99% of motorists don't know what the fuck they do.

I don't know what they do, but at least I know that when you start waving your hands around like a retard after an ice cream cone, you're finna change speed and/or direction and can be at least a little bit ready for that.

>"greater than 40 IQ"

For your own sake, I hope that this is b8.

Attached: A0493D52-209B-4AFB-836C-FB6DE457E158.jpg (696x802, 117K)

I'm asking because the first singlespeed ergonomic bike for cities that comes to mind is fixie but you suggested to avoid it.

Went on a 50km ride with my best bros to a lake today. Packed up a bunch of Gatorade and snacks. Great fuckin time.

where do you live that you don't get bored of all the places you can bike after like 2 months

I live halfway between Toronto and Niagara falls and I can bring my bike on the bus anywhere between if I don't feel like riding to a new place.

I also just ride for training a lot and getting faster.

I've been riding for over 15 years and it's really only country roads that are boring.

Is this the way people avoid saying they live in Hamilton?

please tell me where you got that bike. it's literally perfection. an engineering master piece

Attached: 1562351310776.jpg (640x640, 63K)

they are for Japanese businessmen who are wearing suits and don't want to throw their legs over. really it's for everyone, it's just a different way to mount a bike

Just look up step through bikes

oh wow I didn't know that was their name, I just called them Japanese bikes

Attached: eli-iserbyt-belga.jpg (750x400, 38K)

Biking around the city in the summer is top-tier pasttime and transportation. That is if you live in an actual city with paved roads, sidewalks, underground pedestrian crossings and maybe even bike lanes.

My '93 vintage German hybrid went to snap city yesterday and I'm sad about it, but it was a good ride. Now I'm deciding between getting a new aluminum frame and transplanting everything or just straight up getting a new local-made steel-framed citybike for $300, with wings, disk brakes, 1*7 gearing and everything. Gonna go to the showroom and try it out on Sunday.

Bike riders are the most obnoxious pieces of shit ever. Get the fuck off the road you shitbags.

Lady friend was miring my leg gains while we were laying in bed the other day. I haven't squatted since January and my quads, ass and calves are much bigger and better defined than when I squatted regularly. Even see veins popping in my quads.

Yes. To the point that no pants will fit you properly, they'll be either wide in the waist or tight in the quads because modern day fashion is made for skinny twinks.

t. casual bicyclist with thunder thighs.

recently my car shit out and i began biking to and from work and most other places. Occasionally taking an uber or getting a ride from a friend/family member. one of the best decisions i've ever made.

cope

id sniff her seat

my first time felt like hell, 36 km on the mountains, i passed out halfway through

most important of all is that bicycling is useful

start using a bicycle for all trips under 10miles and you will be golden

>36km on the first time
Nibba why

Nice basket dweeb.
*pushes ur bike over*

But, when you approach them as cyclist, most of them are cool, wave at you, take care of each other while riding in a group, if they see you on stopped at a side, ask if you're ok and offer help.

Personally, i try to ride in the shoulder or at the most right side of the road, and as i was hit twice by a car, try to drive to park/trail head and ride from there.

Attached: stonetosscycling.png (1000x1000, 106K)

I don't know how to ride a bike and don't really have a place to learn without people laughing at the grown ass 22 year old learning

I get mires while wearing bib shorts and race cut jerseys.
And totally agree on the mountain biking on park trails. After i switched to knobby tires on my cyclocross, i had so much fun in the muddy trails.

I thought they were the electric car drivers, talking about the environment and shit, with acknowledging than with battery manufacturing, mining and electricity production is more polluting that gasoline.

My squat sucks but my legs are big compared with the rest of my body, so yea, cycling is good for quads and i even have vascularity on my calves.

S-stop it user. It's not like I like you or anything. Leave me alone

Is there a worse, more vile, more subhuman scum than a m*torist?

Attached: 1494155696644.jpg (1024x634, 113K)

where are all the toiletposters

Wear bib shorts: they stay in place, the padding will protect butt/taint/balls, some people will look at you because it makes your bulge more noticeable.
If riding at dusk, wear reflective gear
Get a water bottle
When possible, invest in SPD pedals and shoes

Fuck the haters. Go to any open space and practice. Not sure if training wheels are available for all bike sizes.

314-636 looking for cycling buddies

>Those small towns, don't want to be to specific!

>tfw 27 and too much anxiety to drive a car, also have nowhere to go anyway
>just ride my bike everywhere
>don't really go anywhere besides taking it to the subway station to go to work and back and occasionally going around randomly, ride is 10 miles a day

I'm in Philly. Public transit is comfy. I use the bike to get to the train or trolley and can get pretty much anywhere I need to. Junkies suck, but whatever.

Just use Greyhound to get back home every now and then, and I'm golden. Shit rocks.

do you still have a car for trips tho

Don't be a road toad

wagie wagie drive your cagie

314 here
Don't have a bike yet but I'm going to start wagecucking to buy one
Sucks my rural shithole doesn't have public transportation

Implying I don't want to get hit by a car

>theyre responsible for dozens of deaths
user i think you should look at the death rates for automobiles as well...

>It's literally the only form of cardio that isn't boring as hell (in addition to hiking).

Never had sex?

whoa dude you have sex? sick

Nah. Honestly don't need one. I'm a $30 ride from an international airport and a $35 bus from my old friends and family. Anything within 15 miles I consider to be biking distance. Anything off the beaten path is usually a trip with the gf to a concert in a weird town and I'll DD.

Attached: bb2376b.jpg (1321x935, 161K)

How do i get this physique?

Attached: mombike.png (1786x737, 3.34M)

i ride on the sidewalk all the time, often right in front of police and never got any shit for it

it is much safer, a collision between a pedestrian and a bike (which i havent ever witnessed in the long years of my life) causes bruises and broken bones at worst, a colllision between a car and a bike can easily be fatal

>not riding your mommy bike because it allows you to go to Akihabara for free

This is my kryptonite mang I have to nut now

Attached: 1561811326896.jpg (960x720, 44K)

Been riding my bike for years, until it's been stolen by literal NIGGERS
fuck them, fuck thieves, fuck everyone who doesn't let me vent my frustration

NIGGERS STOLE MY BIKE, UNIRONICALLY.

literal essay on old bike seats lol