Wait is this correct for OHP

Wait is this correct for OHP

Attached: 23525325325.jpg (1911x1051, 307K)

god no

Fuck off, we don't want to talk about your shitty anime here.

Okay then ignore the image and

>Is completly extending your elbow at the end of the rep in an OHP a good thing or not

But that's a Front Press?

depends, do you want to do a full man rep or a half baby rep?

Whats the difference

yikes

I get this show is supposed to be about cute girls working out but this is getting out of hand
Christ just bring in a pt for a day as a consultant

Attached: 1502179740664.jpg (400x265, 16K)

I OHP 1pl i just never saw someone say to not extend the elbow fully

Why are her elbows almost directly forward?

superior triceps activation

That's how rip says to do it. But he also says to move the head back and forward at the bottom and top of the lift respectively which the show says not to do

Yeah exactly, always lock out and shrug at the top.

i ohp 1.5 pl8 for reps, and i always fully extend...
but then again, im not a weeb who takes lifting advice from animes lol

This thing is a psyop by the Japanese government to get their smelly nasty hikkirokori faggots to take care of themselves and become attractive to women to finally reverse the negative birth rate. You neets are falling for propaganda that isn't even targeting you

Attached: 1513007204881.png (866x900, 95K)

>take care of themselves and become attractive to women
Oh no. How horrible would it be if we convinced people to exercise? Better stuff my face and sit on my ass all day, that'll show those propagandists.

i don't know? but you seem to notice one

Attached: 1563379035038.jpg (1772x1927, 1.38M)

Locking your joints puts insane stress on them. That's the message it's going for.

What next? Don't finish every rep with a dead hang on pull-ups?

>oh no they tricked me into becoming fit and having sex
How will I ever recover?

They aren't lifting for PR max-weight olympic world records, user. They don't give a shit.

They're training for muscle strength and endurance in regular life, and to help lose a little weight since they're getting chubby. It's about safety and practice.

Not even close

>I'm weak

>I'm weaker

STFU babies. Only Chad is allowed to talk. Don't try to pretend to be an expert with your baby mode stats. Who do you think you're impressing? Go back to gayddit

Check'd and kek'd

Attached: 1549599003851.png (1040x1080, 958K)

Blessed post

I think a major issue with this show is more to do with the animators not exactly getting the correct way to do the movement than anything else

This. They want to be able to do these exercises, like, 20 times fairly easily. Not bursting veins and screaming.

How exactly does extending your elbow makes the exercise harder, hell it actually helps, when i have fully extendend elbows during OHP i feel like my delts are actually recovering and i can squeeze some more reps after keeping the bar over my head for some seconds

doesn't matter what you are training for retard, there is still a correct way to do a lift

They probably had a professional weight trainer from a gym come in and show them each of their exercises with absolutely no weight whatsoever on the bar when performing the example. The result was probably a LOT more generalized than "get it up in the shortest way possible before I die from the crushing weight" that Jow Forums is used to. Then the animators copied that easy safe form with no weight perfectly but added a plate or something and Jow Forums freaks the fuck out because it's not 1-rep-max form like the background machos. It's just exercises for teen girls of Japan and hikkis.

Attached: Silverman Gym.webm (960x540, 1.16M)

based quints

Attached: mel.jpg (4192x2620, 1.87M)

my muscles dont do that, should I go to the doctor?

Extending your elbow fully locks the joint. They are teaching you to not do that.

It does matter what you're training for. They are training for motion control, not pass/failure hold for 3 seconds. They're being shown this motion works these muscles, don't hurt yourself.

It's a show about barely 5' tall high school girls who've never heard of a "lat pulldown" before learning to train their muscles.
It's not a show about animating "the sticky" from powerlifter worshippers on Jow Forums who believe if you're feet aren't rotated another 3 degrees outward during a C&J, you'll never reach another 5kg on your PR and are therefore a complete faggot who's never gonna make it.

You can't take a breath on top with your elbows not extended and locked, enjoy your bitch weights or single-triple tops rep sets.

There’s chinese cartoons about lifting? What is it?

Did you ask Machio "onegai muscles" before you performed your curls? I mean, that should have been obvious to you, but sometimes people can be p crazy.

Attached: Silverman Gym 2.webm (960x540, 625K)

>locking out means you are putting 100% of the weight on your joints
Not surprising that retards who watch anime are also retards who don't know much about lifting.

Boku no Lifting

>or single-triple tops rep sets
>He actually does more reps
oh no no no

>enjoy your bitch weights or single-triple tops rep sets.
That's exactly what the girls in this anime are being trained to do. They are not training to compete. You understand.

All the "correct form" diagrams have your elbows completely in front of the bar, but this feels incredibly awkward for me. I don't flare them out 100%, but having them line up with shoulder width doesn't make sense to me at all, especially when that form is supposed to be more efficient but in reality feels like I have to do a skull crusher movement with my triceps at the beginning of every rep if I want to keep the weight over midfoot.

I'd be way more interested in an anime about highschool girls meeting Jow Forums posters and becoming immersed in the piss though

Death quints of massive gains and incel shutdowns

Attached: 1563436507110.png (1980x2520, 3.98M)

this website was created for anime in the first place faggot. stop behaving like a 12 year old

The animation is incorrect but the text is correct, locking joints in any lift is bad

retarded normie zoomers would actually argue against this

I seriously hope you guys don't actually watch anime

Do I watch anime? No. Have I seen anime? Yes, I've seen my share of them.

>he doesn't watch anime

Attached: 62227961_2293481087437205_5947164086654985347_n.jpg (1080x608, 40K)

>They are not training to compete.
>Doing over 3 reps is "training to compete"
>Competing in OHP at all

what the fuck retard

No.

Based quints of truth.

probably just referring to the "bitch weights" part, there is an "or" in there

>insane
Oly lifters have to lock joints and do it all the time. You can strengthen your ligaments just like you can strengthen your muscles.

Fuck no. You're supposed to lock out your elbows and then extend even further with a shrug. Just look it up on youtube. I find ripptoe's videos are the most straight forward and easy to follow.

I do oly and everything always hurts though. Thered a reaosn why /owg/s only sick maymay is 'ow my [insert joint here]'

Or you can be a 17-year-old Japanese high school girl and not worry about that at all.

Rippetoe is training idiots on how to lift THE MOST weight, omg so much weight, wow such weight.

That's not the goal of this Asian cartoon.

Attached: Akemi.png (454x493, 135K)

Anime haters eternally destroyed

>"YES PROPAGANDA IS AUTOMATICALLY A BAD THING!!!"

Attached: soyboy.gif (726x400, 1.13M)

Hibari a cute. Cute!

Good job for embarassing yourself

Blessed

Attached: where do you think we are.png (644x644, 936K)

all the weebs are like "we don't need you Jow Forums we have the power of god AND anime on our side!"

DON'T FUCK WITH ME

I notice Hibiki's Hibikis!

Attached: 1563427675348.jpg (503x768, 48K)

Thats a bad image

How wide should my hand position be for OHP? I get a lot of pressure on my elbows and I feel it might be because I grip too narrow

Attached: look around you.jpg (498x441, 41K)

Should be the same principle as setting up for bench.
Forearms should be perpendicular to the floor at the bottom of the lift.

Is there a lifting anime but with guys?

Attached: chicken legs.jpg (1920x1080, 357K)

Witnessed

Attached: 1558131867632.jpg (680x510, 48K)

When I was younger I knew the bionic alphabet and wrote in a diary in that code about girls I had a crush on in school god was I autistic the diary even had Garfield on the cover

faggot

where is this from? I don't recall it in the tv show?

Fuck no. You're supposed to lock out and better yet shrug at the top. Retarded anime reinforcing retarded broscience

For a military press?

Yes

>this is a fat girl in Japan
also how can she barely bench the bar but can OHP the bar without getting crushed

Attached: 1558273722273.jpg (428x424, 16K)

I thought it was front press?

Checkd and rekt

Attached: 1558710743342.jpg (906x936, 849K)

Attached: Ch 20 Extra.png (800x1134, 624K)

You’re supposed to shrug at the top for those trap gains.

I can't shrug without locking my elbows as straight as they go. Impossible for me.

Your supposed to lock your elbows too.

Quints of truth kek

Attached: 1552232390175.png (292x296, 143K)

But what if it's a shoulder press?

It is awkward. As says, your forearms should be perpendicular to the floor. Also consider changing your grip up so that you ensure that the weight is resting directly over your forearms. Finally, you might need to change how you're getting the bar around your head. Personally, I have the same issue, or worse because my back starts bending, if I don't move my head/neck backwards like I'm tucking my chin to dodge the weight while keeping my core rock solid.

Based.

Attached: 1553409617173.jpg (600x416, 29K)

Attached: 1560018230059.jpg (480x360, 73K)

Then I’d google it cause I don’t do shoulder press.

No, it's too late.

Attached: when-u-look-up-anything-on-webmd-webmd-you-are-28032906.png (500x401, 99K)

Weightlifting is a complicated sport! Thanks, senpai!

Attached: laughing cat.png (279x276, 118K)

I only watch manly anime.

Attached: Armstrong.png (1716x1062, 2.31M)

watching anime turns you into a tranny

She's only recently fat. She still fits, snugly, in her same clothes