How much sleep did you get last night?

How much sleep did you get last night?

Attached: Screenshot_20190719-113131.png (720x1440, 87K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190719-104225_Sleep Cycle.jpg (1080x2220, 414K)

what app is this? and how can it track your sleep

not enough

Attached: sleep.png (1198x487, 32K)

sleepytime
it uses air vibrations which it transforms into the fourier plane and then does an eigenvalue decomposition

It's sleep cycle. It claims to be able to listen or use the accelerometer. Probably not super accurate but good for establishing consistent bed and wake times

9 hours baby. I always try to get 8+ hours, sometimes I can sleep 10 or 11.
"Sleep is for the weak", said no strong person ever. Sleeping well replenishes your T-levels. No wonder they've been dropping so much over the last few decades, since more and more people work wagie corporate jobs where they have to wake up early, then they stay up until late at night watching Netflix™ and chug some coffee™ in the morning so they can be nice and productive for their boss™. I cannot imagine anything more cücked than being a wagie.

Attached: yaaaaawn.jpg (246x250, 7K)

Can someone please explain what the fuck an eigenvalue DOES. The best I got from my coursework is that it's a vector whose direction never changes regardless of what transformation is done to it

Nigga it just uses you mic

Eigenvalues/vectors are defined in terms of a particular matrix
If a vector is an eigenvector then multiplying the matrix with that vector results in a vector that points in the same direction, only with a different magnitude. The eigenvalue is the factor with which the magnitude is scaled.

i fuckin woke up every 2 hours to get 300 calories of ice cream each time. gotta keep that bulk goin my dude

in general an eigenspace is a way of decomposing an object into fundamental components that are orthogonal and complete the space wrt. what the object does
in vectors that means forming a basis for a linear transformation in essentially it's purest form
but there are eigen decompositions for many different things
mp3 for example is really an eigen decomposition on an infinite space onto a fourier transformation, taking the largest eigenvalues
principal component decomposition is the same thing, decomposing mixed factors into their strongest fundamentals

basically it's a way of extracting the building blocks of something in a unique way, something that doesn't change wrt. representation
the eigenvectors are like the fundamental building blocks of a linear function
you could represent a linear function in an infinite number of ways through changing basis, the basis we choose is arbitrary, but the eigendecomposition is unique

>the eigenvectors are like the fundamental building blocks of a linear function
not really, not all matrices have an eigendecomposition. only a subset (called diagonalizable matrices) do
the jordan normal form is something every matrix has

when you get a bit later into your studies people will refer to generalized eigenvectors as simply eigenvectors, this distinction isn't that relevant

B&R

buddy i've already finished my degree so i would know how people refer to things. just admit that you're wrong, it's ok to learn new things every now and then

>when /sci/ comes to shitpost on Jow Forums

I did a phd in math at oxford and work as a in computational statistics

based

then you should know that eigenvectors are only a special case of the jordan normal form and refer to them as such

>[/sci/ shitposting intensifies]

as I said nobody would draw that distinction. in the general use of eigenvectors this is not important.

look you niggers i was the top of my class too once but this thread is about 'how much sleep do u get'

yeah maybe when you work in the data science bubble where everybody shits on mathematical rigor and just eyeballs everything

Anyone else wake up to piss 2-3 times a night?
very annoying

Attached: 1563215686651.jpg (452x582, 42K)

based

it's standard at both oxford and cambridge maths departments. that is an undergrad level distinction.

Only 5 hours, I normally shoot for 8 but I was up last night working on a project for my home streaming network and I couldn't get shit to work right.

I'll probably have to take a nap before going to the gym tonight. Sad.

how much fuckin water you drinkin buddeh

>that is an undergrad level distinction.
>mfw the retards at oxbridge dumb things down post undergrad

7 hours is perfect. Not too much but not too little

Attached: FB_IMG_1563183384701.jpg (1169x540, 30K)

Around 10 hours. Slept like shit tho. Had to force myself to wake up cause I could've easily slept an hour or two more.
Worked out and feel fine now tho.

it's standard at my shit tier university as well. people call generalized cohomology theories just cohomology theories, nobody wants to say generalized every time

8 hours is a meme.
sleep cycles last around 1.5 hours and anything above 7.5 (5 cycles) is wasted and just leads to excess dehydration.
t. i work in a hospital and they have charts and stuff.

the extra .5 hours is to be spent staring at the ceiling wondering where it all went wrong

Yeah well as you can see, I usually get 5-6 hours.

>sleeping fewer than 12 hours
reminder

Attached: based.png (754x823, 399K)

probably not in one go, thats just weird

it's 10 hours overnight + 2 hour nap
the same study showed that many of the world's top athletes sleep much more than average

my man was waiting for the sleep cycle post

Attached: 1563431359449.jpg (465x576, 54K)

so sleep 12 hours a night. got it. done. am i making it now?

You do realize that sleep cycles are hardly straight forward, right? Too many random factors happen at night to simply go to bed 7.5 hours before you need to wake up. 8 is at least trying to account for the variance.

brainlet answer

god i fucking hate that shit, can never get a good 8 hour sleep cos i need to piss after like 6 hours

I sleep as long as I fucking feel like because I'm a NEET.

LMAOing at you bladderlets

that happens to me too and I have a huge bladder, for some reason my body demands I piss out like 10 drops and I can't fall asleep if I don't

It's a fancy scalar

have a boner all night like a real man

Redpill me on something: every night I take my phone to bed with me and fall asleep watching YouTube videos. How bad is this for sleep quality? I use Twilight so not starting at blue light but I still feel like this is fucking my sleep up.

it's absolutely fucking horrible for your sleep quality. even with redshift.

>sleeping less than 10 hours
Plebs

Attached: Screenshot_20190719-144150.png (1080x1920, 150K)

do you have diabetes or something?

I slept from 9am till 1pm and again from 4pm till 8pm. How do I into a normal schedule. (Yes I have a job only I took a day off and this happens regularly)

Not ever since I eat raw meat and fruit

start taking creatine, that helped me and dont drink too much water at night

unfortunately I’m on nights rn so I just slept from 0730-1430. I woke up I think once in between. normally I wear a sleep mask to cancel out the light but I’m going back to days on Monday so I actually kind of wanted to get up a little earlier. I normally would’ve slept until about 4 or 5

I have it and I think it’s strangely accurate. I used to have pics but they have sadly been lost. The scariest part about the app is every time I’d get wasted and use it, the line would bottom out and say I was in deep sleep for like 4-5 hours straight. No oscillation at all. Like I was dead or something. Really changed my perspective on what I’m really doing to my body when I get like that.

12 hours. Dysthymia sucks.

I think Kobe Bryant does the same exact thing. Sometimes after an intense lifting session I get really sleepy though but wake up after like 1-2 hours. So maybe it’s something similar with them

Unless you really like this job isn't this very troublesome?

9 hours of shit sleep. My lower back is still tweaked from diddly yesterday. And i got on the gym hydo massage chair after lifting and cardio.

Attached: Screenshot_20190719-142215_Sleep Cycle.jpg (1080x2220, 393K)

bros I want to share with you the secrets I have uncovered on the journey to getting the best sleep possible. I do these things nearly every night and my physical and mental health has never been better.
>sleep mask or total darkness
I really thought I was getting memed into buying a sleep mask. But I cannot deny that it might be the single best thing I’ve done for my sleep. I wagered that the morning sun hitting your eyes probably woke you up naturally and so far I think I’m right. Where is normally wake up prematurely and groggy now I sleep straight through until I wake up on my terms feeling refreshed and ready to go. I’ve also found that I can still listen to the tv and there’s no change in sleep time where as without the mask I’d wake up every 2 hours with the tv.
>cold room with heavy or heated blankets
I read a study that said they tried a bunch of different things to try and get people to fall asleep quicker and the only thing that worked was putting socks on right before bed. I thought that was weird but the study hypothesized that it’s because the socks gradually warmed the feet which caused the subjects to drift off for some reason. I also read that a slightly lower body temperature causes drowsiness, sleepiness, and can make you stay asleep longer. I already like my room cold as fuck so that wasn’t a problem. I bought a heated blanket and opted to keep it on setting 2-3/10 on top of a comforter. That slight warmth definitely helped me drift off faster and in the morning I wasn’t too hot or too cold like with other settings. Sometimes I didn’t need the heated blanket. Just the weight and heat contained inside the regular blankets were enough. But that’s something you just dial in
>no alarms
I cannot stress this enough. When I was a real wageslave, alarms ran my life. I’d wake up to that cliche sound bit of a nuclear warning alarm. It filled me with actual dread when I heard it.

Cont

>no alarm contd
stupid enough, an episode of futurama featured the exact same sound in the titanic episode and when I heard it on the tv I experienced an involuntary reaction of sheer dread. I became incredibly depressed after I heard it. Not making this up. It was at that point that I decided to at least change my alarm to something nice and chill that I would enjoy hearing when I woke up. Now, I don’t use an alarm at all. I make sure I go to bed with at least 9 hours until I need to get up. I’ve maybe slept more than 9 hours straight 5 times that i can recall in my adult life. So this was the number I chose. This way I wake up naturally and on my terms every single time. And it’s truthfully been one of the best decisions of my life. Do not let alarms run your life. You will hate waking up. You will hate going to sleep knowing when you wake up you’ll hear that fucking alarm. Just don’t use them anymore.

>miscellaneous points
>melatonin
I take melatonin when I think my sleep schedule needs to be corrected. For example if I know that I need to sleep but I will probably only get 5 hours for some reason.
>caffeine
Do not drink caffeine 10 hours before bed. Just avoid it After 10am desu. dial it back to maybe 20 ounces of coffee if you really enjoy that kick in the morning. The energy drinks and shit are just shit for your mental health and sleep quality.
>blue light
We all know about the blue light shit. I prefer to read for an hour before bed. However listening to music or tv I’ve found no change in sleep quality so long as I cancel out the light. In fact sometimes I feel as though I fall asleep quicker because I know all the words to a show on tv.

Contd for last one

>sleeping too long
sleeping too long or waking up and falling back asleep on purpose fucks with your head and you get headaches because the chemicals that put you to sleep, regulate sleep, and wake you up are all out of whack. If you wake up between 6-9 hours of sleep and you feel good then just get up. We need to listen to our bodies. Just because it’s 530am and you don’t need to be up until 7am doesn’t mean you HAVE to try and eek out another 90 minutes of sleep. If you woke up and you feel awake then just get up and get an early start, your body had enough sleep and it’s ready to do other shit. if you do all or most of the things I said and give yourself than 9 hour window to sleep as long as you want, if you need the sleep, your body will sleep that long. But you don’t need to try and force it.

Hope this is useful. Good luck, we are all going to make it.

8 hours like every night.

I don't think that app works for me because I use a CPAP and have a fan running full blast all night.

good posts, user

>300 calories of ice cream

damn that might be a whole spoon?

it is admittedly a rough go transitioning from day works to night works especially since it egregiously occurs every two weeks. however my schedule otherwise is really fucking great and i get more time off than i know what to do with despite working a full time schedule. heres what my typical schedule looks like for a given month. each shift is 12 hours (7 to 7) and a pay period is every 2 weeks so 84 hours. the best is the transition from days to nights because i get done thursday at 7pm and dont go back to work until monday 7pm. also if i take just 2 days off i can have a full week. if i take the wednesday and thursday day works off its 8 straight days off for only 2 vacation days. and i love my job yes.

>red is 7am-7pm
>blue is 7pm-7am
>white is no work

Attached: just fuck my shit up senpai.png (666x532, 23K)

4-5 hours. I had hip surgery a few weeks ago and that coupled with my back and leg pain makes it so hard to sleep

Was I dead?

Attached: 9B154EC1-DB28-4521-B69A-803E6C2BDBCC.png (1125x2436, 424K)

black out drunk id guess

The phone should be near you dude

Same spot it always is.

I think this app is retarded

Not only is it bad for sleep quality but if you have a phone near your bed not in airplane mode you are getting prolonged bombardment of radiation enjoy your brain tumor.

i do if i drink tea before bed. i feel like the tea really helps calm me down and get to sleep faster but there must be some kind of diuretic in it because i'm up four hours later having to piss every time.

What does the graph look like if you have half asleep sex?

Based fit neet

Breh ur phone was on the floor and didnt read shit thats a false positive