/fast/ - #467 - Harder, better, faster stronger Edition

What is /fast/?
>Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.
discord.gg/qqtQFDQ

What’s the difference between intermittent fasting, water fasting, dry fasting, etc.?
>Intermittent fasting: farting for a certain amount of time with a short eating window. 16:8 (16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating window) is the bare minimum.
>Water fasting: Fasting with only water.
>Dry fasting: Fasting with no water. Dangerous, use with caution.

Why should I fast?
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11147801
>idmprogram.com/difference-calorie-restriction-fasting-fasting-27/
>youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

How do I safely do an extended fast?
>Take snake juice, or just supplement electrolytes.
>Water=2L
>Potassium chloride =1 tsp (No Salt)
>Sodium chloride = 1/2 tsp (Himalayan Pink Salt)
>Sodium Bicarbonate = 1 tsp (Baking Soda)
>Magnesium Sulphate = 1/2 tsp (Food Grade Epsom Salts)
>Mix these in 2L of water and sip it throughout the day.
>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
>You can also do this if you feel lightheaded, weak, dizzy, nauseous, etc., on shorter water fasts. Don’t do this while intermittent fasting.

Won’t I go into starvation mode?
>No. The mainstream definition of starvation mode is a myth. Read the FAQ linked below for more information.

Will (something with calories) break my fast?
>Yes.

Can I drink coffee, tea, and diet soda? Or anything with artificial sweeteners?
>You can do whatever the fuck you want. We recommend avoiding those, sweeteners especially.

Do I need a multivitamin?
>No

this is the community discord: discord.gg/qqtQFDQ
its SFW

Prolonged fast FAQ: fast.fandom.com/wiki/FAST_FAQ

losertown.org/eats/cal.php

Last Thread

Attached: harder, better, faster stronger.jpg (500x500, 70K)

I'm going on 100 hours fasted and I seriously feel awful. I haven't been able to sleep and I'm just straight up woozy at work today. I was going to try and go until tomorrow but I think I'm going to need to eat something when I get home from work today. I'm falling apart, boys. I want to just keep it up though since I love the numbers on the scale so much more than feeling like a human being.

Are you getting your salts? That helped me massively with lightheadedness.

>I'm going on 100 hours fasted and I seriously feel awful.
Congrats on the 100 hours, but "feeling awful" suggests you're not giving your body something it needs other than food (which it can get by eating your fat).

>I haven't been able to sleep and I'm just straight up woozy at work today.
Unfortunately insomnia is a pretty common side effect of fasting. I deal with the issue by pushing myself to the edge of exhaustion before sleeping, others have different methods. Find one which works for you.

>I was going to try and go until tomorrow but I think I'm going to need to eat something when I get home from work today.
Unless you have

Attached: The tale of Angus Barbieri who fasted for more than a year and lost 21 stone.jpg (688x4051, 867K)

So how long will it take for me to drop my 55 kilos if I OMAD on 500 cals? I feel amazing, I'm not eating more. Regular fasting is too much for me, so this is it. Been doing it for a week now, didn't bother measuring myself but I look a little lighter. I'll be pigging out twice a month or so when I'm out with friends so I don't care about slowing down my metabolism, it's not like I'll magically stop losing weight.
Currently at 6ft 120, I want to enter true skelly territory just for the heck of it and bulk my way up. Thanks lads

Do shrooms throw me off a fast?

Will i die if i do sparking water fast for 40 days?

>Will i die if i do sparking water fast for 40 days?
No, because without essential elements like potassium, salt and magnesium your body will start bitching at you with muscle cramps, headaches and other bullshit until you stop fasting.

Fasting for 40 days on Snake Juice is totally doable though.

Attached: Joe Z's Guide to Fasting, Lean Bulk and getting to a low bodyfat percentage.jpg (855x442, 272K)

When I first browsed Jow Forums I learned sugars are the poison killing us, and cut it out of my diet and felt better
I kept going and then found out carbohydrates are truly the poison killing us, and I cut it out of my diet and felt better
Then I found that plants are the poison killing us, and I went for a carnivore diet
Then I found meat is the poison of modern life, and lived only on fish
Then I found food itself was the poison killing me, it was only logical. I cut it from my diet and felt ascended
During my meditations I realized water truly was the last thing that was holding me back. No poison in means your body doesnt have to work to shed out the poison.
I started getting visions of the future and am able to move objects with my mind alone. The only sustenance I need is the dew that collects on my skin when I meditate outside during sunrise and sunset. My mind is clearer than ever.

Stop drinking the snakes oil, embrace godhood

>just an hour and 44 minutes to go until my fast is finished
Also how long does the HGH boost from intermittent fasting last? I'm 18 and need all of the inches I need.

Starting a week long(saturday to saturday) dry fast. Wish me luck.
Starting weight will be 88-90kg.
This should be a fun challenge.

Attached: polar bear.jpg (672x768, 139K)

How is a 7 day dry fast even possible?
After 2 days of plain water the headaches are too much and take the snake juice

I dont get headaches when fasting, I just get bored.

>just get borre
same, dont know wthat the fuck should I do, its like the mind goes blank till I eat

Holy fuck the boredom
Zombie Mode: Activate
I have programming projects I want to work on but I can't be bothered to do anything.

based

I just reached 45 heartbeat per mins while resting.
Do I have aids? Am I gonna die?
Im on my 3rd day of fasting

If I'm 4 days into my fast and make bacon and eggs and nothing with carbs, will I stay in ketosis and keep burning fat?

>eggs
>nothing with carbs

heh... pick one

too much protein works the same as carbs do, bucko

get yourself some fat

>Starting a week long(saturday to saturday) dry fast.

Good luck with attempting not to die.

Attached: Sun Tzu - If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.jpg (532x202, 49K)

is eating one massive meal a day, 3 times a week sustainable long term?

Why wouldn't it be

i should add: on a strength training routine

I bought the snake juice recipe (potassium chloride, pink salt, baking soda) but it come only in 5 days and i'm already in a 5 days water fast, should i continue the water fast until the day it come and transition into snake juice to finish the month?

>2 fasts a week, 2 days long
>1 fast a week, 4 days long
which is better or is there no real difference?

I would say the 4 days long is better, but this shit is simple both methods will work

Attached: 1508116294707.png (468x487, 304K)

Keep going until you start feeling like shit and if you do before it arrives just break the fast. You can always begin a new one

72 hours in boys
LETS DO THIS!!

Will taking some medicine like panadol/Nurofen or any general painkillers fuck up my fast?
Currently doing one but in a bit of pain and need to do something physical that makes it feel worse

At the end of my training cycle ~2 weeks from now I'll do alternate day fasting round 2.

Last time I lost >10 lbs of fat in about 3 weeks

This time the goal is 10% bodyfat

Attached: w9r1mlhkr4a31.jpg (846x1024, 159K)

Good luck. I've been fasting for ~2 years now and my best hard-dry was 5 and a half days. Minimize your physical activity, have some snek juice ready if you're starting to get really weak.
If you're having headaches with two days on water, you're overcoming some kind of addiction or you are not keeping your mineral levels up. Probably you're just addicted to caffeine, sugar, or something. "Carb Flu," is commonly cited, but I don't ever get it even when i'm carb loading so YMMV.
Get a fucking pen and paper and make some goals, then go work on them. Part of being a normal human instead of a worthless fatass is time management. Fasting gives you LOTS of time to manage, so practice. Nobody says you have to do something ground-breaking, but if nothing else you can learn something useful via reading.
Classic food addiction. Fast longer fatties.
5 days on water will make your mineral levels tank. Try dry fasting 2 or 3 of those days.
Longer fasts are always more beneficial.
Keep going fatty, checked.
>10%
Keep a close eye on your heart rate and other vitals. You're going into the red zone. Not normal fatass fasting which is 100% safe.

Down about 120lbs for about a year or two now. Have minimal loose skin and have been doing OMAD for the last couple of months.

If I did a 3 day dry fast, would it actually get ride of the loose skin I have now? Is there any evidence or photos backing this up?

Outline of your general routine? Curious as to was other low bodyfat anons are doing with their fasting. Trying to plan out balancing a social life with fasting and hypertrophy.
Depends on where you are with your training and how fat you are. Long term, like once you're shredded, it's generally pretty tough to eat enough calories in a single meal/small feeding window to get keep gaining strength.
I think the snek man has progress pics from some clients but I've never looked too hard if they dry fasted or not.

Dry fasting allegedly tightens/removes loose skin?
Never heard about this before, I thought dry fasting was just for dumb suicidal faggots
If this is true please post more info as I'm also interested

Your post is exactly what I thought it was as well. I'm not sure it isn't user, I don't want to mislead you.

I'd love to see some info back up any claims of dry fasting for loose skin removal

Any information on safely dry fasting? What's the limit? What signs should I look for to end the fast? I'm going to transition from a 250 hour snake juice fast to a dry fast for as long as I can.

Why don’t you anorexic retards just fast for a reasonable amount of time each day like 16-18 hours so you get the benefits without having to worry about keeling over and dying of electrolyte imbalance.

Are there even studies on the long-term effects of this maniac shit?

It sounds awful and unhealthy to me

maybe its an alternative to self-harm. depressed people cut to create a pain that is tangible and real which helps them ignore the mental pain that isn't 'real'. I would imagine fasting for the sole purpose of having hunger pangs is appealing for the same reason as cutting.

Humans aren't biologically evolved to deal with constant feeding, and especially all the sugar. In a natural wild setting, food is scarce, and you may only find it every few days, and most definitely not in such high amounts of calories. Then the fucking sugary foods are only really present (naturally) for a few months out of a year. The wild feral human doesn't eat every day. That's natural. Thousands upon thousands of years, of that and our bodies have grown accustomed to it, and based some of their processes and functions around time spent without food. Evolution hasn't caught up with the fact that in the last few hundred years we remain in a constantly fed state nearly all the time. And how dangerous would it be if it actually DID become our regulated diet? How supremely fucked would we be if the human body evolved to expect high intakes of calories, carbs, and sugar? The first disaster to cause a food shortage would be catastrophic

Look up Angus Barbieri. The patron saint of fasting. Lived a happy healthy life after his world record fast.

Cole (piss drinking) Snakeman dry fasted for 7 days, and said it made him feel like death. Said he could barely stand up from his chair. He is a pretty strong dude, both physically and mentally, love him or hate him. I think even he recommends your dry fasts stay around the 48 hour range. I did it once on a weekend. Didn't feel great, but it wasn't too much more horrible than anything else. Basically, try not to push the dry fasting too far. Don't be afraid to break it with electrolytes, as you'll still be in ketosis with no harm or foul.

Is doing a 5 day water fast while lifting (6days/wk PPL) feasible for relatively new beginner to lifting?

Where the fuck do I buy potassium chloride powder from?
Would pharmacies usually have them?

Yeah, and now we live beyond the age of 30.

I work out every other day
On those days I eat maintenance calories and 1.5xbodyweight protein.

On rest days between I fast. Technically they're 36 hour fasts and I start eating at 12 the next day.

Strength went down a little during my last cut but was back a week after.

>Look up Angus Barbieri. The patron saint of fasting. Lived a happy healthy life after his world record fast.

Not so much. Died of a side effect of obesity in 1990. Being a fat fuck got him in the end.

Attached: Angus Barbieri's Death Certificate - Redacted version.jpg (2684x3792, 1.46M)

Just buy 1KG of food grade potassium chloride from Amazon. It's about $20

Jesus christ snakejuice tastes like ass, how the fuck do you guys stomach it?
>2L of this salt water a day

>Yeah, and now we live beyond the age of 30.
This is such a stupid meme spread by TV they've always lived past 30 dumbass infact the life span hasnt really lengthened life expectancy was low from kids dying all the time anyone that made it through childhood became an old man

Any Australians using diet-Rite salt here for the potassium and salt?
Are you using a tsp per litre?

Yes and yes

Attached: 20190706_112007.jpg (1560x3927, 3.22M)

Could I eat nothing for 30 days?

Also Safeway has Evian Water for 3 dollars per 1.25litre, if doing an extended fast stock up and pour 1 cup(250ml) out of 4 bottles and load em up with a TEASPOON each, the water you took out makes a litre and gives you a free bottle of snake juice, on my second ever fast doing this and no issues.

>pic related

Attached: Screenshot_20190720-154026_LIFE Fasting.jpg (1080x1664, 208K)

>Could I eat nothing for 30 days?

Yes. Trips proves it. I've done 40 days. It was a bit gruelling at points but the difference in physique was amazing.

if you are over 10% bf, yes

So are you just using 2 tsp of that + 1 tsp of baking soda for the 2L you're supposed to drink per day?
I'm just under 24 hours in currently and man drinking this stuff is fucking vile, the feeling of salt in my mouth all the time is terrible, how do you handle it?

I only down a litre a day 2l is if you are super active. Cole compet3s in powrrliftinf, gyms most days and swims/cardio most day and only drinks 2 litres.

If you get headache drink more, if you get the shits, drink less.

I do bodyweight 3-5 days a week and mild cardio (walking) and consume 1 litre and have no issues.

I also skip the baking soda and just use the lite salt. Although every day I drink 1 lemon worth of lemon juice through a straw, and mix bicarb soda 1/2tsp with 2 tablespoons of Braggs apple cider vinegar (health/macro section at woolworths) and mix that up with a little snake juice and down it. After lemon juice I wash my mouth out with two water and drink a little snake juice.

I’m a small guy and I down 2L of snake juice and never have got the shits. feel great. idk whats up with you guys

What is the point of the lemon juice/apple cider vinegar?

Kidney protection, probably not neccasary but recommended by cole.

Hey, guys. Decided to fast for the first time and at 53 hours I kinda broke down and ate chicken stock cubes (65 calories)

After another 24 hours, I drank one helping of chicken broth (30 calories).

Is chicken broth a decent substitute for Snake Juice? I understand the salt content puts my kidneys at risk, but what if I just drink a big gulp of the Apple Cider Vinegar/Lemon Juice to help?

Attached: 1556660352904.jpg (500x647, 62K)

>Is chicken broth a decent substitute for Snake Juice?

no

Can you elaborate?

It has the salt I need, if I add potassium chloride and the other shit, I get way better tasting salty water.

The calories my man
Though I do wonder if it's okay to take it slowly through the day so you only have about a couple calories an hour or so since lemon juice and apple cider vinegar technically have calories too although very small amounts.

Well, he was probably marked for death just from all his fat gains. At least he didn't spend the entire time as a planet.

>since lemon juice and apple cider vinegar technically have calories too although very small amounts.

Exactly my reasoning. Snake juice tastes like ass and chicken stock is way more appetizing.
If I just take a shot of ACV or Lemon Juice, I should have everything Snake Juice has.

You can always buy keto capsules that contain all the ingredients of snake jizz, and just drink shots water and shots of whatever other shit you want (((that doesn't have fucking calories))). That means no broth. Sorry brother.

But what exactly does the presence of calories do?

It doesn't take you out of ketosis if it doesn't have carbs...

Is it autophagy?

>[OPTIONAL] 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar and 4 tbsp lemon juice. DO NOT MIX with snake juice, drink separately.
So I just mix this together and drink it seperately?
How long should I wait after drinking snake juice to drink this?

I don't combine those two, and I drink it once in the morning and once after I eat food

Hey guys, I did my first fast for 2 days and lost 3 kilos, I then ate something and started fasting again. It has been another two days, but I didnt even loose a single 0.1 kilos. Is that normal?

>Expecting significant results after 2 fucking days

I wouldn't be surprised if that's all water weight. And yes, it's normal. You gotta make a routine out of it though. The longer the fast, the better the weight loss. Try to make three days. Then four days. Then as many days as you can. You'll know the shit works like magic when you look at yourself in the mirror, and say "god DAMN!" or when you realize all your pants are loose as shit.

When you're drinking snake juice while fasting are you allowed to drink plain water as well?

NO.

SNAKE JUICE ONLY.

WATCH THE VIDEOS AGAIN, YOU IDIOT.

Alright, thanks, imma keep going

>are you allowed to drink plain water as well?
No, because you flush out the electrolytes that snake juice is adding to your body.

Don't worry about hydration, the water in snake juice will see to that. It's enough on it's own.

2 DAY DRY FAST THIS WEEKEND YOU FUCKING PAWN SCUM. JOIN ME. LETS GET SHIT DONE.

Attached: 1546148911212.jpg (414x600, 60K)

Woke up feeling like shit this morning. Pounding headache like a hangover. Took some serious strength Snake Juice and an hour later I am raring to go and super positive.

Fasting on it's own sucks ass, but Snake Juice is a miracle cure to all that ails you during fasting.

Currently about 4 days in. I no longer bother counting, since it is only the result that matters to me. I only stop when I hit my goal. Currently aiming for about 130 pounds / 59KG at 5"8 / 1.73 metres.

That should get me below the 10% body fat mark so I can really work on those abs. Want some serious aesthetics this summer (admittedly a bit late in the season)

I fucking love the effectiveness of fasting.

Attached: Fasting - Also cures fear of the dark.jpg (886x361, 111K)

I have a habit of biting my cheeks and lips. Will skin and blood break my fast?

Autocanibalism (including eating your own piss, shit, spunk, etc.) doesn't count.

Cutting off and eating your own hand would since it is meat, but since cutting it off would reduce your weight it is something of a zero sum game.

Attached: Fast Glorious Fast.jpg (470x264, 15K)

/fas/ can I add the cayenne pepper to the apple cider vinegar and lemon mix? also this mix can be a little bit deluded in plain water?

Should I be worried about fucking my teeth with the mix? Can I wash my teeth and use mouthwash too after or is actually counterproductive?

Attached: claps_desk.gif (316x306, 1.05M)

I used to add cayenne pepper to my mix (tasted like a very weak bloody mary), but switched to 30ml of concentrated lemon juice instead. I much prefer it.

I wouldn't worry about teeth acidity if your drinking it by the glass. Even at 30ml of concentrated lemon juice, in a 1 litre dilution of water it is negligible.

Attached: The Fasting Jedi.jpg (1326x617, 68K)

I do 18 hour fast for 2 weeks now along with my usual eating diet.
My shits have been so good anons i love this.

What if I just downed the potassium chloride and pink salt all at once instead of making snake juice and drank 1 liter of water throughout the day? Wouldn’t that have the same amount of electrolytes as drinking snake juice?

I can guarantee you that you will shit it

Enjoy the diarrhea

Enjoy your stomach ulcer.

but it is deluded in just a normal glass of water not a whole liter, so it will be harmful for the teeth right?

How do I drink for it to not be harmful? with the straw the mix still touches my teeth

Dry fasting triggers autophagy sooner and the effect lasts longer, but its hard to guage how much it varies as there are not many studies on the effect yet. But that would be where you see tightening of loose skin.

My longest was 40 days and it was no problem for me to keep going, but I ran out of fat to burn. Long fasts are actually easier because hunger is a non-issue after day three or so. All you have to do is stay hydrated and monitor mineral levels.

How do you monitor your mineral levels

>tfw 5'9" at 25
>tfw my arms length suggest that I had possibility of being an inch or two taller.
If by some cosmic chance I get kids, I'm going to feed them all the meat they can fit.

>mention fasting to my mom on the phone
>she said she fasted in college and after for 7-9 days at a time
>mfw my mom has longer fasts than I do

Attached: 1437943065728.gif (500x222, 1.52M)

Really want to lose my mini-gut, will fasting affect my gains? I don't have any experience or much knowledge about this whatsoever.
Any of you guys have decent results from this? Any before & after photos you can show?

maybe a mouthguard/gumshield in addition to straw

how to i stop being a weakwilled pussy i used to be able to fast a whole weak 2 years ago but lately all i do is comfort eat sugar. im too depressed and hopeless to just ironwill it. is there a will cheat to fast?

>How do you monitor your mineral levels
Quite difficult, especially since potassium (not sure about the others) is intracellular, so difficult to measure even from a blood sample.

Just make sure you take your snake juice.

Any depletion leads to multiple, gradual side effects (muscle ache, headache, slow/fast heartbeat, cramps, etc.), your body tells you if you are not getting enough.

In case of any aches and pains just whip up another batch of snake juice and you are good.

>Really want to lose my mini-gut, will fasting affect my gains?
Only temporarily during the fasting period, they revert back to where they were afterwards.

>Any before & after photos you can show?
Given the negativity against previous posters showing their before and after pics there is a justifiable reluctance to do so.

How do I drink the vinegar and lemon juice without fucking my teeth?