>turns out I have two herniated discs in cervical spine
>steroid injections don't do shit
>constant pain
>might need surgery
>haven't been able to lift in weeks
>gains have evaporated
>at my peak was getting near constant mires
>so close to making it

Anybody else know this feel? Also has anybody else ever slipped a disc? How long was the recovery?

Attached: herniated-disc-700x400.jpg (700x400, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/clfpWjqVP6U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>>started liftan 6x a week last year, often twice a day
yeah... don't do that...

I can't help it, I'm addicted to exercising.

You should be taking a rest day every two days you workout. You just abused your body

If you're gonna go that often at least do low weight and high reps and it'll pretty much equal physically intense labor

A year of gains gone in one week.
Why even lift then.

So because u didnt gym for a few weeks people instantly stopped talking to u????

Go larp somewhere else.

Read Healing Back Pain by Sarno. Don't get surgery, it's a waste of time in most cases. 80% of the population has asymptomatic herniated discs.

I had a bulging disc and osteoarthritis in L5/S1 facet joints. Did some PT and took 3 months off from most lower body work (i.e., didn't deadlift or squat) and symptoms improved pretty dramatically. I agree with that you should try to avoid surgery if possible, the outcomes aren't always that great. I can't really comment on Sarno's book (haven't read it), but I absolutely would believe that there's a psychological/pain avoidance component to a lot of these problems like Sarno suggests in some articles.
That said, from my experience/what I've read, many of the issues are a result of the instability in the now damaged tissue. If your neurological/muscular systems aren't able to compensate appropriately, you get all sorts of problems. So the key is to a) train the relevant supporting musculature until it can do its job and b) avoid placing the injured tissue under heavy load until those supporting muscles are able to handle it.

Try to avoid surgery unless you really need it. Get a referral to physical therapy if you can.

Do yoga and weed

Same but lumbar. Finishing off babbys first cut, looking like my ego always imagined I should look. Tore my hamstring doing RDL's, then a week later herniated l5/s1 picking up some dumbells, because I used my back instead of hammies. Didn't get it properly diagnosed for 6 months, during which time I absolutely massacred my poor disc, in the course of physical therapy for my hamstring.

10 months between that first injury and returning to (restricted) lifting. Lifts were complete shit. Maintained weight, but body fat went from ~12% to ~18%.

3 months lifting since then, back around 15% and my numbers are OK. Current pic for context, good enough for a midwest beach. So don't stress losing your physique. That comes back quickly, along w the strength. But for the love of god be careful w your discs. Surgery is a last ditch option w poor outcome %.

From what I've read, if you absolutely baby your discs, it takes one year to fully heal. I'm not lifting heavy until 2020. And Google "herniated disc supplements." Might be snake oil, but I'm on Lions Mane (pinched a nerve hard for months and months, caused medium term nerve damage that I'm mostly recovered from), glucosamine, MSM, and bone broth daily.

Not sure on PT for cervical herniation, but I do know the physical therapists and doctors I saw had really shallow knowledge of healing my disc issues. Researching it myself is what got me through. Biggest mental sign is if a PT exercises makes you feel a nerve twinge, you're not ready for it yet. Either back off the intensity or step back one on whatever that exercises progression is.

Good luck, you can do it

Attached: IMG_20190708_205555.jpg (720x1280, 256K)

Wrong pic... Also important for recovery: perfect posture 24/7

Attached: IMG_20190709_105726~2.jpg (666x1104, 126K)

c5 facet shit fucked up for a while, what do I do for this

Bob and brad saved me from snap city. Lumbar vs cervical, but I'm sure they got u covered too

youtu.be/clfpWjqVP6U

Deadllifts claim another victim

this

dont even bother with DL and squats unless you are a mervel, guys here try to imitate muh strongman when in reality these guys are plain freaks

this

dont even bother with DL and squats unless you are a marvel, guys here try to imitate muh strongman when in reality these guys are plain freaks, but real freaks

Had a serious lower back injury from trying to catch a falling fat fuck at work. First month and a half I had to use a walker. Went through three months of PT. Still have my back sieze up from time to time and have muscle relaxers and pain pills. Now a year later I'm lifting again and my gains are exploding. Once you gain the muscle mass you gain it back absolutely incredibly fast.

Focus on healing and after two months of lifting you'll be back to where you were due to already having the myonuclei made. Just google muscle memory.

Attached: 1563208807955.jpg (400x400, 43K)

>80% of the population has asymptomatic herniated discs.

The actual fuck are you talking about? That figure is just so far from the truth I’m mimd blown that someone out there could possibly believe it.

U alright?

It's a lot less than that but still much higher than most people would think.

Attached: BG-chart-1.png (938x704, 566K)

I fell off a swing and broke my back and I can’t fucking lift now

How the fuck did you injure your c-spine by lifting.