This is more impressive than anything in powerlifting or strongman

This is more impressive than anything in powerlifting or strongman

Attached: 246 WR CnJ.webm (1280x720, 2.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_bB4UCCCrIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Agreed. Based Ilya.

Attached: lasha 220.png (865x696, 231K)

This is pretty cool, but i still like watching strongman

Has anyone else ever done 220 even in training before? I've seen Lovchev done it but that was from blocks

Some roided up manlet sharting his rotator cuffs out his asshole? Dont see the appeal myself

even though I do powerlifting I gotta agree, I always wanted to try it but no real gyms near me and it's all crosshit disguises. No real coaches either, should I mail myself to china and get coached by a chinkbro for a big sum of money?

Agreed
sucks there are no weightlifting gyms near me, at least not any that don’t just do CrossFit as well

Yeah, but it forces joint locking, so you rely on the strength of your joints, not your muscles, and the ease of which sudden shitsnappering can happen is astounding, all for a pointless exercise

>powerlifting doesn't have joint locking

Literally the only discipline of weight lifting that can win you a gold medal and you call it pointless

>my pat on the back is bigger than yours

Wrong

Attached: Jerry-Pritchett-Deadlift.jpg (1000x667, 178K)

>fat plates and long bar to make it bend as much as possible
lol

probably Behdad Salimi
weightlifting is pretty safe relative to other sports. And it's not pointless. It's in the olympics.
If you can't train with a coach you can always train somewhere local with bumper plates/olympic bars/platforms (most 24 hour fitness locations do now) and sign up with a coach online. There are a lot of options.
Sign up for a team on trainheroic where you get programming and someone will comment on your technique. Or there are a lot of coaches who do 1-on-1 coaching and programming online. Or if you can't afford a coach, buy Greg Everett's book and record your lifts so you can teach yourself. Or post form checks on Jow Forumsweightlifting , or pay to get a form check from Zack Telander or Max Aita on getformcheck.com

Attached: AkGJxrP-1024x681.jpg (1024x681, 112K)

Are... are you retarded?

You think that makes it easier? Retard.

>Debuting at the Arnold in March in 2016, the Elephant Bar is longer than a traditional barbell and the plates used are 2” plates, which put the weights further out. Combining the extra length of the barbell and the extra width othe plates causes more deflection in the bar or bend. This means before all of the plates leave the ground, the bar will bend more, thus decreasing the range of motion the entire weight has to travel

It makes it like doing a block pull.

olympic lifting is so fkn sexy but i can only C+J 175. idk how to train it

Weightlifting as a sport is retarded. If you want to be a champion in it your chance of suffering a debilitating injury nears 100%. Because the whole point of the sport is pushing your body to the brink of injury.

This could be said for many other sports as well, and those are equally dumb.

And that's why no one will remember your name

The only people who remember what meathead lifted the heaviest rock are other dumb meatheads.

>Olympians aren't remembered
Olympics is peak normie

It does, faggot.

Not him but aside from big personalities like Phelps or Bolt the average normie wouldn't recognize shit, much less from weightlifting events.

You're looking at it from an American perspective, in which the Olympics aren't that big of a deal. Pyrros Dimas is a legend in Greece even 15 years after he last competed, as is Lasha in Gerogia and Ilya in Kazakhstan

That's fair. And for the record I do find several events in weightlifting and martial arts interesting, but as you said the American public can't name more than 2-3 Olympians

That's nothing
youtube.com/watch?v=_bB4UCCCrIg

Attached: file.png (673x369, 275K)

>He's bleeding so it's impressive

Exactly. Classic OLY seethe

Attached: 2018 explained.jpg (2000x1333, 774K)

k

426kg is impressive retard

Seeing as someone else has pulled 500kg, I'll pass

Auteur Kino

Action franchise flick

olympic weightlifting is impressive so is strongman and powerlifters all these athletes deserve respect dunno why you people shit so much on some athletes cause they do strongman and not oly or weightlifting

they are all freaks and you may never reach even half their lifting numbers

because muh aesthetics

Lol

Based mentally retarded poster

COPE

>muh medals
>and it's not pointless.

Oh?
>It's in the olympics.
As is fifteen different forms of swimming, that exist purely for medal padding.

It is pointless, and less functional than Mens and Womens Gymanstics, and less Athletically impressive than both as well. To the point I legit dont give a fuck about Mens Weightlifting, and only bother watching womens for wheyfus.
Oly limping is entirely a genetic lottery gamble on hoping your joints dont snap. And having the mass to stop the acceleration you inputted in the first place. Its artsy silliness for its own sake, and thus no surprise that Crossfaggot hump it to death instead of Gymnastics

Krastev has done 225

On camera?

>less athletically impressive

No

Eddie retired after that absurd lift.

Post body and lifts

This is more impressive than anything in weightlifting, powerlifting or strongman

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 14K)

agree, was on the wrestling team, nothing harder than wrestling another dude to failure, experienced dudes in there prime would puke after every practice. weightlifting is prehistoric shit after u take based wrestler pill

Attached: 548d729940bbd063e31c2f96889b6550.jpg (557x850, 61K)

Attached: 5242cfaa48431fdce30a480422deda61.webm (498x452, 1.66M)

Attached: 2dd6e36b94b6c2e6e835d9e0e609bf4e (1).webm (478x450, 1.59M)

Attached: bd7cf14c9675f3f31ccff1bf82ded720.webm (500x456, 1.59M)

Attached: f4a1f787639eedd2f88336212017b10f.webm (464x450, 1.69M)

No this is.

Attached: 1436352825589.webm (1280x720, 2.32M)

Every sport will lead to injury if done at Olympic level, and weightlifting is one of the safer sports, if you look at the statistics

you could say that about literally any sport. When you get to the highest level in your sport injuries will be inevitable. It's not healthy but that's what happens when you want to be the best.

Weightlifting actually has a very low injury rate relative to other sports. It's lower than every team sport and contact sport, and only a bit higher than individual sports like tennis. Injuries that happen in weightlifting are mostly overuse injuries and can be managed easily because it's easy to be objective in manipulating volume and intensity of exercises

Olympic weightlifting is so much more fun than b*dybuild and p*werlifting. I made the transition several months ago, and cannot remember the last time i had so much fun training. Its such an amaaing combination of strength, speed, technique, and mental fortitude. It is without a doubt the most patrician of barbell sports

Attached: lasha-talakhadze-251-kg.jpg_1815043533.jpg (450x452, 75K)

She cute

yes, it's basic physics

work=weight*height
bar bends -> weight doesn't have to travel as high ->work is reduced
imagine if the bar was made out of rubber, then you wouldn't have to move the weights at all

I mostly train a modified brosplit but love to play with the barbell in between sets. Trying out light snatch and C&J. It's good fun but does require mobility that 90% of Jow Forumsizens that lift do not have. Good fun, fully agree

Why does he crouch to catch the bar instead of lifting it to his shoulders? Is the point of weightlifting to reduce the range of motion so you don´t have to do the heavy work?

Way more impressive than anything in powerlifting, debatable on the strong man comparison though. Olympic lifting is very impressive, but some strongman comp stuff is really fucking impressive too.

Because it is the most efficient way to move a bar from ground to overhead in two movements. The range of motion is different than say, a power clean or muscle clean, but if you're moving more efficiently you will be moving more weight, so it is heavy work. (and no one is going to give you a medal for doing a variation that limits how much you can lift. In weightlifting you either lift the shit or you don't.)

You're correct in that a bent bar shifts the center of mass downwards, meaning that the overall mass travels less of a distance. Technically work = force x distance and in this case weight = force and distance = height.

Just wanted to reinforce your point.

I can honestly smell you and your shitty bulking platter. Nothing you just said has any validity as an argument against weightlifting because you can't argue against a sport in any meaningful way. A sport exists to be trained in, and competed in. You don't compare yourself to other sports, if you do shotput you don't compare yourself to a discus thrower, if you do weightlifting, you don't compare yourself to fucking swimmers and gymnasts, only insecure retards do that. You shut the fuck up and do the sport you enjoy and are passionate about.

But you're on a whole other level of retardation, you don't even do any sport, you compare other peoples sports to eachothers as an excuse not to commit yourself to anything because you're an undisciplined DYEL or fucking worse a fat smelly powersharter.

Find a passion you soulless NPC hack.