That's it lads I'm done with alcohol

That's it lads I'm done with alcohol.
>haven't drank in 7 weeks after reaching borderline alcoholic limits
>gets easier and easier to say no to myself
>go to work function last night after the old guy that works there was really excited for me to come (we're good bros)
>"we can drink some beers user haha!"
>go to the party and get pretty buzzed
>wake up this morning, head throbbing, shit taste in my mouth, stomach churning, zero motivation to get out of bed
>had a really good session yesterday afternoon that I know is ruined now, the doms I feel are painful reminders
It's all just shit. This is my moment of clarity. I'm done with it lads.

Attached: images (1).jpg (639x480, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-hEEjxdYXog
youtube.com/watch?v=HXJFBDimnXo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ive gone 5 weeks, my hangovers are hell. I have a new job i couldnt do well hungover so that helps keep me sober. Dont even like drinkin anymore.

I quit drinking 2 years ago, literally zero downsides. You need to stick with it though, if you have even one drink you will slide back to square one before you know it.

Attached: E7531DAE-3507-48C8-82C5-87023E6531A0.jpg (485x501, 199K)

Good thread friends. I quit 4 years ago and haven't looked back. God bless.

Attached: 1560910201633.jpg (736x963, 93K)

>drank some bourbon yesterday (and today)
>not thinking of stopping
>no work functions to go to
>woke up this morning at 5:30, ran a 5k, drank a ton of water and had a large breakfast
>had a really good session today
>I have no idea what a dom even is
It's all just fine. It keeps the depression away a tiny bit further than it would be without it.

>if you have even one drink you will slide back to square one
Depends on the situation, but it's not bad advice. I was a really heavy alcoholic for a couple years, but I quit for a few months and now I can occasionally drink in moderation with no temptation to relapse. But my drinking had a root cause, and I addressed it directly. If you're drinking due to unresolved issues, you need to address those issues directly. Without doing that you'll always either relapse or try to replace it with something else. Even if you find a replacement that is relatively benign, it won't make whatever was originally eating at you won't go away. You have to deal with it, no matter what that means or what it takes. Otherwise you aren't living. You're enduring and suffering just so that you can survive long enough to endure and suffer more. It's one thing if you just lose interest, but people who have to quit cold turkey and stay cold turkey haven't actually beat anything. They're just running from their problems.

Alcohol is a slippery slope. It helps to have a job that is incompatible with binge drinking like the other user said. When I worked graveyard shifts I would black out on my days off cause I knew i wouldn't have to go in until late the following day. Now I work a big Boy job that sucks to be hungover at and I care about doing a good job.

Also helps to have a gf that doesn't drink that much like mine.

I have around 1 beer every 1-2 years. never was an alcoholic but I have a lot of alcoholics in my family, including my mother.
I'm really happy to be a non drinker. I have nearly zero desire to drink at all and the times I drink are usually due to intense social pressure. the last time I drank was when my best friend's dad died and there was just no way I wasn't going to join him.

I'm starting to get there.

I'm 22, so alcoholism hasn't set in yet, but I like the whole "beer" after work thing too much.

Really, it's not even the beer I'm worried about, it's the fact that I've come so far, I don't do drugs, I guess you would say anymore,really i just went through the standard smoke everyday when you get freedom binge, but I don't do any drugs, I eat relatively right... But yet, I still go to the store for cigs and beer.

It's just such a fucking addict thing to do. Cigs and beer. Really. I remember I used to look down on those people, and now I've completely normalized it and don't care. I'm so clean and healthy, yet I'm an addict even yet.

I won't be done with alcohol for a while, it's definitely a semi-requirement for going out, but have never been one to go past 3.

I don't know, I just feel like lately it's been so easy to decipher which things make me feel worst when I do them, and which makes me feel better, and I'm hoping I cut out all the bullshit simply because I know I'll feel better if I don't.

>It's just such a fucking addict thing to do. I remember I used to look down on those people, and now I've completely normalized it and don't care.
I remember when I was a kid there was some news report or documentary or something and it mentioned this guy eating mcdonald's literally every single day once or twice a day
as a kid I was like WOW he must be crazy, that's such an insane thing to happen I can't believe a guy can be like that. he must be completely in love with mcdonald's
now that I'm an adult I'm like... yeah I see how that could happen

I only drink one day a week these days and thats because i get a free pint and burger (the best burgers ever, all homemade) for helping my friend/bar owner fix motorbikes n shit at his bar

>I’m so clean and healthy

Lol not anymore dawg

Been trying to cut back. For a while I've been getting drunk most Fridays and staying buzzed to drink until Sunday night. When I overdo it I have to slip out to the car at work to drink on Monday to function.

Luckily I don't have a hard time.not drinking on weekends.

Time between jobs has been rough though. Both winter breaks in grad school I had terrible 2 week long binges and ended up with withdrawals.

AA’s definition of an alcoholic is someone who ‘craves’ a drink even just one.. by drinking you are relapsing even if your only having 2.. a heroin addict can’t smoke a little dope.. sounds like you were just going through some shit or may have been a binge drinker a real boozer wakes up and wants a drink.. needs a drink before leaving the house.. I was sober 2 years and when I thought I had it under control I drank again and within 2 weeks I was worse off than when I quit.. the disease doesn’t get better or reset it’s always there waiting for the worst day of your life.. some people fall off the wagon and can never put it down again..

Sounds like the honey moon phase.. enjoy it. I remember being 18-24/25 and I could drink all night sleep for 2 hours and feel fine the next morning.. then with age the hang overs get so fucking brutal bed ridden for 2 days after drinking 8-10 IPAS I felt like I was dying.. I remember my mom being like you have to be careful it’s habit forming and I was like what ever that means... but after work every weekend next thing you know your smashing the coveted morning brew..
it’s a wild ride

Can relate to much of the experiences in this thread.

I went through a hopeless phase of drinking most nights because the loop was, feel shit > drink alcohol > feel shit > drink alcohol.

I honestly believe the only way to beat such things is to live a life of purpose in which the purpose has no space for such behaviour. The more I slip in terms of planning for short/long term goals, the more likely I am to drink as a form of escape.

These days I make sure the slip manifests in less damaging habits such as video games. Not ideal but still alcohol is a deeper hole to dig.

>Disease

Attached: 1562943608644.jpg (640x480, 54K)

>tfw im a skelly with no social life so i rarely drink besides at home, and im a complete lightweight
>like, get buzzed off 2-3 shots alcohol lightweight, so only things i drink have a few shots alcohol in them

>coworkers have sometimes gone to happy hour after work
>too afraid to drink any alcohol because of how lightweight i am
>literally sneak out or run away after standing in a corner for 20 minutes
>people mock me at work afterwards "who user i heard u got really rowdy haha" and "no user didnt drink anything i watched him the entire time"
>that mixed with my general autism at work is a death blow for me

Just tell people that you don't drink. What's the problem?

based jesusposter. thank you for your heavenly blessing father.

This. Have some fucking dignity dude. Pathetic shit right there.

Keep it up
> my grandpa and dad were both lazy alcoholics
>at early age I made a decision to never drink as not to be like them out of disgust
> tried drinking at 19 at party for the first time so I dont "miss out"
> felt weird didnt enjoy it, tasted like shampoo and felt poisonous
> Ill have a beer once a year if someone I really like asks me but generaly I dont need, want or like it

He speaks the truth. This isn't high school. You're a grown ass man, act like it and make your own rules and tell otgers to go fuck themselves if they don't respect them.

because in reality i dont want to go there, i just go there to try to be social but it makes me look more autistic than i already am

then don't go. simple as that. find people to associate with in other places. parks, libraries, etc...

You don't need alcohol to be social. Just talk to people. One of the best ways to get rid of social anxiety is to go to a crowded part of town that you don't frequent and just say or shout "nigger" very loudly. It will completely eliminate any social anxiety after.

have no problem talking to people at work. try to go to any restaurant/bar environment with them, completely shut down into a deaf mute. pretty funny actually

You're too focused on what they're thinking about you or something.

its because im an incel shut in who is too afraid to have a real conversation with anyone outside of making jokes because then it will expose my shut in incel loser life

Not him, but I have intense autism, which has ruined my social skills without liquor.

Based and Scooby pilled.

youtube.com/watch?v=-hEEjxdYXog
youtube.com/watch?v=HXJFBDimnXo

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 101K)

>be college student in fraternity who parties and drinks 1-3 days a week
>have a psychotic break and end up in the psych ward for a week
>diagnosed as Bipolar I
>have to take medication
>alcohol interacts with all of the meds and even light drinking feels awful
>quit drinking
>all friends have ghosted me and never invite me to anything
feelsbadman.jpg

Good going, I drink every day just to cope and it makes it better while drinking
after waking up its a return to reality

>friends
They never were your friends if that is the case.

would i rather go out with normal friends that can tolerate stuff or with the bipolar fag that cant drink and goes psycho with 1 beer mhhhh