How important are back squats for olympic weightlifting...

how important are back squats for olympic weightlifting? can i get away with doing just front/overhead squats or are they too beneficial to skip?

Attached: 1562777105074.jpg (745x817, 75K)

You cannot clean more than your max front squat, you cannot front squat more than your max back squat. Therefore, increase back squat to increase front squat, increase front squat to increase clean

you probably can, but you’re disadvantaging yourself for no reason. back squat is the easiest way to make your body generally strong for oly.
also OHS should be treated as a snatch accessory, not a squat.

Retard. Your back squat will increase if you increase your front squat

not as efficiently as your front squat will increase if you increase your back squat, due to heavier loading of the back squat, this is fucking fitness 101 dude, plz fuck off with ur room temperature iq

Attached: Barbell Brainlet.jpg (720x573, 18K)

The problem is people think they have to back squat a ridiculous amount of weight. Go moderate weight with good form using slow but steady progression on back squats and you will see slow but steady progress in all of your lifts. Increasing both my front and back squat has had the highest carry over of all of my lifts.

I want to see the video of him taking off that shirt without breaking it.

Attached: 1380496437190.gif (240x275, 847K)

Elite athletes who already squat way out of proportion with their clean can skip back squats, but you can't.

The back squat is an accessory lift in Olympic Weightlifting. It is advisable but unnecessary to perform. An example of someone who is a world champion but does not back squat is Illia ilyin

you are, in fact, a fucking idiot.

>not as efficiently as your front squat will increase if you increase your back squat

Front squat before you give advice on front squatting

What the fuck Jow Forums. I've been here forever and never had a gay thought but this dude made my dick jump a bit. Has it finally happened, did Jow Forums make me gay? Or am I just fooled by this guy's pecs into thinking about breasts?

These memes are god tier, got any more?

why does he have noodles in his ears

Attached: p9ai37e980331.jpg (3024x4032, 884K)

there's a gym who recently moved to the US at my gym. he cleaned 200kg the other day. back home, all he would train was 6x6 back squat. the guy is like 6'4"

by "all he would train," i mean, the only squatting he did was 6x6 back squat. no front squats

I do, gtfo
no u

see

Training the front squat will increase the back squat. Training the back squat will not do much to increase front squats
Ilya went years without back squating (only did front squats) and there are other elite weightlifters who only front squat.
OHS is kind of a meme and should just be accessory.
Usually you should emphasize the back squat while far out from a meet and when you get close to the meet transition to mostly front squats

Attached: ilya 290.png (494x439, 270K)

>Training the back squat will not do much to increase front squats

Attached: Calculus Brainlet.png (586x578, 37K)

You need the leg strength nigga, stop trying to take the easy way out

He's deffo right. I could back squat 345 and do 185 front. The movement is very different.

Same question but for someone who doesn't care about oly
Is there any real reason I need to back squat?

i'm guessing ilya spent at least a decade building up his back squat before he decided it was time to move elsewhere.

do your back squats.

>do X exercise to get better at Y exercise
retardation

>Bench press has no carryover to chest fly
>chin ups have no carryover to lat pulldown
>back squat has no carryover to front squat
unironically kys

Attached: Retard Chamber.jpg (1436x1796, 1.02M)