Phrak's GSLP

What is this board's opinion on reddit's beginner routine? I dont see it being mentioned here. Been doing it a month and im afraid its just a meme

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 12.31.22 PM.jpg (568x780, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefitness.wiki/routines/r-fitness-basic-beginner-routine/
tigerdroppings.com/rant/health-fitness/the-greyskull-methods--a-primer/70504728/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

heres the link: thefitness.wiki/routines/r-fitness-basic-beginner-routine/

Looks okay, would change 3x5 DL to 1x5 and all the chin sets to amrap

Then modify it to reduce DL volume to once a week when it gets up to 4 pl8

Thats good to hear im just afraid ill be like this guy cause this program is almost like SS

I actually add another set of those three lifts BUT with more volume and lesser weight for hypertrophy. So i do another round of rows, bp, and squats at 3x8-10 with a lighter weight.

Is that okay?

Dude, it's a fucking beginner routine. No one looks good after a beginner routine. Just get strong

Do you recommend a different routine?

Great way to jump into weightlifting, better product than SS/SL because of the AMRAPs, deload protocol, and reduced squatting volume.

It’s a very flexible skeletal program for the big 4 as opposed to an actual PROGRAM. There are a million templates, much like 531. Phrak’s is fine but you could also change up the assistance work to target your lagging body parts and work in a hypertrophy rep range.

Workout A
> Bench 3x5+
> Squat 3x5+
> push accessory 3x10
> pull accessory 3x10
> leg accessory 3x10

Workout B
> OHP 3x5+
> Deadlift 1x5+
> push 3x10
> pull 3x10
> leg 3x10

Don’t forget to eat well and do some cardio + “homework” on off days.

Good except if you work real hard with those, doing chest and legs in the same day could initiate a huge test boost. 2 biggest muscle groups in the body.

Overheadpress should be on the same day as squat since both deadlift and OHP use traps

Otherwise looking good

Its fine. Just exhaust linear progression and move on.

This isn't greyskull.

Im one month in and i actually already seeing a difference on my body? Like im seeing muscles but it could be because of the volume-based accessory work i do? See pic

I actually recently changed it up that I added another round of the 3 main lifts but i do 3x8-10 but with lesser weight. Is this a good idea?

>Don’t forget to eat well and do some cardio + “homework” on off days.
Not sure if i made a mistake but as soon as i was lifting, i ate A LOT. cant track calories since i live with my parents but it was a lot that i gained 10lbs in a month (still not sure if its 10lbs cause my scale is broken i think)

I do cardio on sundays but sometimes i forget to do them. what is this "homework" you speak of?

Intiate a huge test boost? What does this mean?

When do you think will i exhaust it? My numbers are a bit low still. Largest number is 115lbs for squats and DL.

Its modified greyskull :)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 1.04.39 PM.jpg (428x472, 69K)

>When do you think will i exhaust it? My numbers are a bit low still. Largest number is 115lbs for squats and DL.
You'll know :)

Attached: 1563159259115.png (600x600, 187K)

trust me user. As someone who has passed through the penumbra of linear gains. You'll know.

>would change 3x5 DL to 1x5

how to make sure that your deadlift remains shit forever with one easy trick

You can't recover from 3x5

Im actually thinking of removing deadlifts cause i dont see the point of doing them since i dont feel my muscles working. I only get run out of breath every time i do it. But i dont know shit so how would i know

yes you can dumbass. i do 10x5 twice a week no problem,. its about volume and intensity newbie

Attached: 1552953149423.png (683x298, 60K)

>10x5
what the fuck

>Im actually thinking of removing deadlifts cause i dont see the point of doing them since i dont feel my muscles working.
Deadlifts are the most important lift you can possibly do along side pullups and squats. You are a literal retard if you dont do them. Your posterior chain will be forever weak and you will be weak

Do you have idea what you're even talking about? There's a reason why everyone says you should do deadlifts, do you think they're all wrong?

Yall.. relax.. okay i will continue doing them. I just see some threads here saying its a meme lift. I dont get why there are negative comments about this lift if its that important. I mean youve never heard people talking shit about squats.

There were a bunch of threads about Robert Oberst criticizing deadlifts, and a bunch of people smarter than him calling him stupid because he is

Do spread the accessories on workout days or you do all of them 3x a week?

you dumbest of niggers are you taking advice from /fit?

Yeahhh im still gonna do dls. plus i like how functional in real life they are. You never know when ill pick up heavy shit from the ground

lmao i dont spread them i do ALL of them every workout. Should i spread them out?

You shouldn't bother with them at all. That's too much volume for a beginner

There's a good thread about Greyskull on a tiger droppings by some guy named lsu777 and it's really in depth. Has a bunch of templates for aesthetics and explains how to progress through a plateau.

>lmao i dont spread them i do ALL of them every workout. Should i spread them out?
You are retarded then, you should pick maximum 3 accesories per workout day.

Thread number?

It's over here, it's a long read but has some good tips
tigerdroppings.com/rant/health-fitness/the-greyskull-methods--a-primer/70504728/

Attached: Screenshot_20190719-235637~2.png (1025x1309, 166K)

but tthose 3 lifts dont make me that much tired and i can finish them in 30 mins. also i want to get bigger :(

Buddy, you don't get bigger in the gym, you get bigger through recovery. Work too much and you won't be able to recover

Pick the hypertrophy variant.

Thnx user, seems very useful.

whats the hypertrophy version of this routine?

oh shit. okay ill just pick 3 accessory work.

Not him but maybe this is the aesthetic one?

Attached: SvOdDKI.jpg (700x600, 50K)

Hmm i thought for hypertrophy/aesthetics you would have to do more reps? like 8+?

this is almost the same as my routine too but mine is just a lot of accessory which i might remove and just do the ones on that pic

thanks!!