Help Jow Forums

Help Jow Forums

I fell for it
>All you need for abs is heavy compounds
>Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym

I'm now low BF but because I've never trained abs directly my core looks like shit.

What are the top tier ab exercises and how often can abs be effectively trained?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_xdOuqokcm4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People really underrate genetics. Some people have an amazing core and never have to directly target it. Chances are if compounds and a low BF% aren't enough to get you good visible abs - your ab genetics suck, and even if you directly target them they are never going to be amazing (look at Arnold for example) People with good ab genetics dont worry about directly targeting them - which is why you have so many gym bro's and guys on youtube claiming you don't need to directly target them for results, because from their personal experience its never been an issue for them.

Honestly if you want to really waste your time - do hanging leg raises and weighted ab work on a machine.

Weighted situps, hanging leg raises, dragon flags
You can do abs at the end of every workout, they recover pretty quick

Do leg raises + crunches hyper setted 3 times 3 times a week with star planks as a finisher.

leg raises, L hangs/L sits, hollow holds, front/back levers

still worth doing imo. You can do cool tricks with a strong core. There's literally no reason not to train these movements for 5 minutes at the end of a workout

Attached: 1534000667982.jpg (604x600, 64K)

Dragonflags, Russian twists I find are pretty good, Bar hang leg raises, ab wheel aint half bad either.

This. I fell for Jow Forums's stupid fucking meme about not needing to train core and God what a mistake. I didn't even fall full force I still trained but it wasn't nearly enough and ended up almost really fucking my abs up on deadlifts one day.

There's a dip bar at my gym where I can sort of support my weight on my elbows, so don't need to hang. It still allows a full ROM for the leg raise part.

Will this do or is the hanging bit actually critical for the exercise?

>tfw objectively fat at 105 kg 29 BMI and still have visible abs in good light.

Squeezing abs during diddlies and squats helps a lot. Also leg raises and that crossover situp where you put your elbow to the opposite knee basically. But engage your core more.

No just the leg raise is the critical part, dip bar is fine. Once you can do like 3 sets of 12 raises, you can progress to holds

Post body.

Personally i hate the dip bar for ab work. Limits you to only leg raises and it makes my back pop. If you have the strength for it just hang from a bar and do all that instagram attention grabbing bullshit.

What a surprise, fat powershitters (most of Jow Forums) who have never had abs in their life know nothing about abs

They aren't made in the kitchen, they're made in the gym and revealed in the kitchen. If you want abs you actually have to train them
>t. also fell for the abs are made in the kitchen meme and looked shit, now training abs and seeing results

Fell for that meme too user. I’ve been using an ab wheel and it’s been helping. They are starting to come in even as my weight has gone up a few lbs

The indents of your gut rolls after sitting on your ass for an hour don't count.

Agreed. Plus, if you have actually strong and large abs, you will need to lose less body fat in order to see them clearly.
Some direct ab work is essential, I learned it the hard way.

youtube.com/watch?v=_xdOuqokcm4

I only do abs wheel like 3 or 4 x 10 for 4 days/week. It's painful

As long as you don’t use the back support it’s okay
>a major purpose of your abdominals is to provide back support, so don’t assist them if you want to gain strength.

But hanging really is wayyy better as I find I only feel my hip flexors dominating the movement with the captains chair.

Alternatively, you can support yourself upright on the dip bar (no elbow support), but honestly I doubt you have the stabilizer strength to do that safely for now.

just do situps brah

>I'm now low BF

Post body.

Leg raises and L hangs like everyone else has said, something like heavy farmers can really get them going as well

Post core

I thought captains chair were the best core exercise

You shouldnt do heavy compounds if you dont train yout abs and core stability

>It's all ypur genetics
Fuck off

>cope

fugg :-DD
you've got me worried now, just hit lmao2pl8 DL and I'm about to hit lmao2pl8 squats, 3x5. to top it off, just last week, after 6 months of lifting, I think I learned how to brace my core, my lower back no longer hurts as it did with stuff like RDLs, standing OHP, etc.
will adding something like leg raises 3x10-15 and L hangs 3xF be enough? I was thinking of doing pic related on rest days.

Attached: 1563294032067.jpg (724x1024, 122K)

I do 60 situps and 45 leg raises 5x a week and its stuck beneath belly fat

Attached: 1526002375916.png (205x246, 7K)

You actually have to lose weight you mong. Not bad to have strong abs though. I used to do 5x100 leg raises+ 4x20 side bends when I was /fat/. Still don't have visible abs but they're solid as shit. Couple that with hyper extensions and a lifting belt becomes obsolete

I go for 40min runs 3 times a week and dont drink soda, eat junk or anything just baked beans, oats and low cal dinners [spoiler]10 shots of whiskey every friday that I cant stop doing[/spoiler]
>500 leg raises
fucking hardcore man im inspired

Attached: 1562295129353.png (507x680, 408K)

What about all the people on this board who have abs and claim they have never trained them,fuck em right?

if you have abs and u never trained them thats just skelly mode, which there are a ton of on this board

Planks and one armed planks, flutter kicks with some sort of weight are godlike, I have found. Compounds for six packs are the greatest scam of the millennium, just look at how pathetically low the rectus abdominis activation is in squat/DL..