If you had to choose between sticking to either barbell or dumbbells for the rest of your life...

If you had to choose between sticking to either barbell or dumbbells for the rest of your life, which one would you choose and why?

Attached: 2022_110LBProCastIronSpinlockSet.jpg (2048x1326, 190K)

Dumbbells just to spite Rippletits

The fact that you even asked that means you don't lift at all.

Doesn't matter I mostly use machines anyways.

Rip says in SS that dumbbells are superior in many ways but not all. However for a beginner using a bar is more practical from a progression stand point.

based

I only do cardio

Attached: sleekntears-pro-lmao-at-the-comments-on-giga-chads-photo-53060380.png (500x790, 97K)

dumbbells because it is more versatile

I'd choose rings because you can not do pullups on a barbell/dumbbel

Attached: 61Cs1oVzVKL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 16K)

R I N G S

Dumbbells are more flexible and provide more options for the type of training I like to do. I would sacrifice some lower body gains but I'm also assuming access to heavy dumbbells here, so I wouldn't have to sacrifice too much.

Barbell because squatting and deadlifting with DBs suck ass and I like those. Also, it's kinda awkward to get into starting position in most heavy lifts with DBs.

Man, if rings were easier to hang up, I'd do all my BW exercises with them.

But they are easy to hang up. I just put mine on a pull-up bar and left them there

Attached: 32kg_front_1[1].jpg (1100x1100, 100K)

I use those door frame pullup bars, which really aren't that high up so I can't do pullups with rings on those.

DBs, they are extremely more versatile than a BB. The only exercise I do with a BB is deadlifts, which I csn do with DBs, but I just prefer to do it with a BB.

dumbbells because I'm dumb

Attached: 1507412942645.png (645x729, 54K)

Anyone who prefers dbs is weak as fuck, and I bet they never train legs either. The only way you can overload legs is with a barbell. Dumbells are for assistance work. Using them as your main kit proves you are and forever will be dyel.

>t. Shit stability
>cannot do single leg squats or deadlifts

Barbells. You can get strong and aesthetics with barbells. With dumbbells, you can get to certain point but then can no longer add weight.

Like who the fuck does dumbbell deadlifts that is jacked? Never seen that. Barbells for life.

T.

Attached: Jeff Lewis powerlifter fat.png (600x400, 309K)

db's for dem flys

You can still do push-ups/flyers/curls/dips though

smith machine

Id likely choose dumbbells even though I prefer barbell if we're talking life long training. It would be too easy to develop imbalances and not have a good way of dealing with them if I could only use a barbell.

>With dumbbells, you can get to certain point but then can no longer add weight.
that's not bad necessarily. sure, if you want to get bigger all the time barbells are critical. but not everyone wants to become fuckhuge. dumbbells are fine for aesthetics.

Dumbbells for sure

Who use that shit

Attached: 1563605547580.jpg (200x313, 17K)

Cross-shitters.

Put the barbell on the safeties and be careful.

barbell because of squats.
I need that booty yo

Second this

If you have some imbalance, you can't fix it just with barbells. That's the main problem, if you don't fix it, over time it gets bigger and bigger and becomes risky.

Dumbbells for upper body, barbell for lower body

Based

Barbells promote and exacerbate imbalances, plus you need a spotter if you're going to go heavy. Dumbells don't have either of those problems.

I guess that would work. You'd still need a rack for that though. Also you can't just pack the barbell into a backpack when traveling

>he can't perform the most based exercise

Attached: maxresdefault (75).jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Go back to your manlet tank, Rogan

I was assuming this all takes place at a gym, but the question was pretty vague.

I mean he op said entire life so I'm assuming I'm allowed only one piece of equipment in general. It was formulated pretty vaguely though

I just figured he meant you have to choose forever, like when you walk into the gym you have to ignore everything except what you choose. If you get a barbell but not a rack, I guess dumbbells are the better choice, but I'll miss my Sunday deadlifts.

fucking dyel

Attached: barbell press.webm (640x640, 2.86M)

Attached: 1235388435.gif (450x364, 2.21M)

Every sentence of that post was wrong.

I am genuinely impressed

Attached: 11705107_836519749762913_1828432897090610553_n.jpg (380x254, 12K)

Those aren't flies.

>meme pressing 1rm
FeelsBadMan