Do you think this board has a positive impact on your life?

do you think this board has a positive impact on your life?

Attached: aihsvosjvjvso.png (1080x1100, 340K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/jul/17/gym-eat-repeat-the-shocking-rise-of-muscle-dysmorphia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

all of Jow Forums has a negative effect on your life

Before fit I felt completely fine with myself, had a great body and gf

Now I:
> notice others mogging me
> freak out when I lose more than 3 hairs a day
> will have to cope with not being 6'2

C O P E
O
P
E

6'2" falls under manlet tier. Im sorry big boi, the current cutoff is now at 6'4"

Who is the sample in thesr survey's? Most males I know don't want to be huge--they just want some muscle mass and to slim down.

>doesn't know anything below 6'7" is ants

NGMI

Overall yes but I’m more insecure about my height even though I’m 5’11” and am taller than most people I see every day

who cares. at least im not a manlet lmao

Attached: cope pepe bed.png (800x600, 403K)

Lmao these dyels forgot sleep

you mean under 7'2?

The mogging is real, I can't be in public spaces like bars without noticing it

Yes, Jow Forums and Jow Forums in particular have been a net positive on my life
Thanks to Jow Forums I
>lift for the joy of lifting
>gained over 30lbs (was very underweight)
>can talk to others without stressing out
>can take my shirt off in public without being embarrassed
>have a personality and sense of humor from joking around with anons
>not afraid to just b myself
>not worried about my height or other traditional insecurities since they're just memes

Attached: Screenshot_20190421_at_10.png (322x503, 131K)

nearly everybody on here is lying about their height the same way everybody shits on every body posted here as if they're tiny

If you're not 8'5" after one year of being Jow Forums you're not doing your height excersises

Attached: oJxUEWV.png (1185x688, 320K)

Here's the article
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/jul/17/gym-eat-repeat-the-shocking-rise-of-muscle-dysmorphia

Agreed. There are a list of memes on here but as short as I am you can't be more of a manlet but I learned that it's all relative and that for the individual even the outside world is an external issue.

>they link to the ONE study
>the authors of the study did a metaanalysis with the newest data being a survey from 2002
>OMG BODY DYSMORPHIA IS ON THE RISE!!!!

This board, along with /sci/, /v/, /a/, /mu/ and maybe Jow Forums, has had a postive impact on my life. If you can sift through the shit on here, and look for individuals who know what they're talking about, it can improve your life too. I've been dropping by for eight or so years now.
I learned about Starting Strength here, dieting, and found out about Olympic weightlifting. I really love Olympic weightlifting. I've found a gym with several others who love it too - it's a lot easier to have consistent gym attendance when you also have people you look forward to seeing at the gym.
The main shit you have to sift through here are vanity-related posts, generally posts involving "mogging," "chad," "dyel," in some remotely serious context. Back in 2010/2011, it was mostly "zyzz" and "u mirin?"

Yeah that's the guardian for ya. Its also a fair point that the internet makes some people insecure about shit that they didn't know they lacked.
personally I stopped coming here for abt 6 months last year because I thought that the herd mentality from shitposts and polposts was making me into someone pretty antisocial / found it difficult to relate to people outside the internet
Yeah fair game, I need to set up some filters

FPBP

This. Ive wanted to leave years ago when I noticed it was changing me for the worst, and here we are still.

Attached: 1561444789692.jpg (482x475, 26K)

I left for a few years when my life was going well but recently I've become neet after failing to get a job after grad school and I started coming back. I'm so ashamed.

if not Jow Forums, then something else. the problem is not the site, the problem is you

this is a pretty lame and wrong view of addiction. ultra bluepilled.

Not that user, but I agree with him. Blaming your issues on your community is the ultimate cope. "People around me are negative sometimes, so I'm going to absorb that negativity like a sponge and it's their fault".
Jow Forums is a mostly lighthearted and positive place, and the blackpill posters mostly serve as a reminder to everyone else that pursuing that kind of world view will only lead to ruin

It's not heroin. Take a walking holiday and leave your phone behind (bring a dumbphone). After ten days the urge will be completely gone

>Jow Forums
>Positive
Alright come on now. Shitposts and memes aside this place isnt 'nice'. Reddit is 'nice'. I agree that if you blame an OPTIONAL community like Jow Forums for effecting you then it is simply cutting out something toxic for you. But dont call this place something it isnt. It's a place for shitpost and memes that over time some morons think is how the world works. That and you can be an asshole here because of anonymity unlike FB/leddit

Attached: boi.gif (200x200, 201K)

This place is what you make of it. If you want to have a nice, chilled out positive vibes you can do it. Shitposting and talking with like-minded people about your hobbies, at least for me is a "positive" experience, since I get some good laughs out and come away feeling good. If you're looking for negativity, you can get that too. You can go to Jow Forums and complain about roasties or come on here and talk about height-face-frame and how you'll never make it, and there will be an audience of like minded anons who will agree and parrot their own defeatist worldview. For someone already stuck in that mindset, that can certainly impact their life negatively, but for the rest of us, those people are just a cautionary tale as to what that kind of thinking leads to

The unfiltered advice due to anonymity produces raw positivity (referring to the intentions of some posters). However, as is always the case, the nature of the board is up to your interpretation. Are they shitposters, people trying to be funny that just aren't good at it, or something else? You should choose whatever interpretation helps you more easily ignore it and work towards the knowledgeable posts if you're coming here for self-improvement. Unfortunately, a lot of people view this as a place to just say dumb, worn-out things, but this website is far from merely "a place for shitposters and memes."
>pill posts
From what I've gathered, red pills are for younger posters who were apparently under some illusion of why the world works the way it does, mixed in with some truly nonsensical ideas every now and then. Blue pills are doled out as a way to disparage post, often without reason because the distributor does not possess the ability to actually lay out what they find wrong with it. You would do better to simply say, "I don't think that's quite right" if you want me to reconsider what I said, as opposed to associating yourself with silly pill posts.