How much do you OHP?

How much do you OHP?

Attached: 0A0BFEA3-01E1-4F3A-A6FD-0EFB1E41C941.jpg (640x640, 68K)

135 lbs for 5 reps. If I had 3 plate squat and 4 pl diddly I'd hit 1/2/3/4 :(

40kg for 10 reps. Can't see myself doing 1pl8 anytime soon.

176lbs is my 1rm currently but I haven’t been working it nearly as much as I should

LMAOOOOOOO CRINGE IMAGINE TRAINING A LIFT THAT DOESN'T TRANSLATE TO ANYTHING USEFUL AND DOESN'T MAKE YOUR SHOULDERS BIG LIKE LATERAL RAISES

145 for 1

Calm down sperg, ohp is fun and it feels alpha as fuck once you start repping 1

400kg

half my work day has me making a move similar to ohp

Only 225lbs.
I'm going to start focusing on it a lot and see how much carryover it has on my bench.

I shot cum into my undies when I hit my first 80kg ohp, can you say the same for your pathetic lat raises to failure?

My shoulders ballooned when I started doing barbell ohp press in 5-8 rep ranges. I just do both lat raises and OHP.

Post “ballooned” shoulders LOOOOOL

145 x 8. Whats weird is I went up on a cut. Hit 12 on 135 and went up to 145. Feels good.

155 for 3 reps. I'm 170 body weight and want to finally hit that bw OHP. Been stalled here for nearly 3 months. Any advice?

Attached: 1453483115995.jpg (858x725, 47K)

x1?

google Bill Starr's ohp method. It got me to a bw ohp (190lb)

1rm of 205
Probably couldn't do it right now, I only lift really heavy on lower body and back exercises these days

bout tree fiddy

Goals right there. One day id like to hit 225 x 1. Just take it off someones bench and ohp it real quick. Sorry bro.

4x10 155lbs

Translates perfectly well to gymnastics and calisthenics. Sorry that you're a gymcel with bad genetics. (Lol srsly if you can't grow your shoulders fron pressing, you're hopeless)

225 x 2 all time pr at 188

Mostly do body weight for sets for 4-6

Almost did 110 for 3x5 the other day, I can do 105 no problem tho

It's weird; of all the compounds, my OHP is the closest one to 1/2/3/4. Is it usually the first one people hit or am I an anomaly?

Impressive

big e-statting

I strict log press 165 for 3 reps

>projection from the DYEL twink
LMAOOOO

Attached: 2C88FA3E-F2D5-4401-A58C-BAA060422327.png (1000x999, 573K)

You wont be far away surely? You're one rep max must be like 52 or 53?

Just hit 200lbs yesterday.

Cope. Enjoy your cuck raises

Attached: 1563563871278.jpg (540x354, 69K)

strict 120# for 2 at 170bw.
not impressive by any means but that’s it.

95lbs 3x5, been lifting for 3 months tho.

100lb x 3 x 5

body weight is 135lb

Hnng I'd OHP this hunk's thick cock over my head while I gargle on his nuts haha

Attached: dia_sweat.jpg (644x422, 69K)

66kg, 1 rep

80x5

~40kg. I never do 'em :)

1pl x 8

95 for reps, did the last two sets 95x6 the other day, was happy as fuark considering I’m 145lbs and dyel

hands down my favorite lift

75kg for a single, legs locked fully strict
60kg for 6-8, same form, depending on the day
train it EOD

Barely any because I'm a skinnyfat dyel who can't get the fucking form right. Doesn't help that I have a shoulder injury that really fucks over ohp in particular.

Give me some tips fellas please I'm sick of lifting bitch weights on this.

90kg(198lb) mfw it's not 200 pounds.
Always been my strongest lift. Most people in the gym I see doing less than 40kgs are doing it horribly wrong. A simple fix would help their strength a lot.

>a simple fix
Give examples please

Not getting tight and having their elbows almost behind their body. It's the two most basic things they fuck up.

Elbows under the bar, if not slightly infront.
Huge fucking breath and brace. Brace at least as hard as you do for deadlifts. Imagine a truck about to slam into you. Don't breathe unless you have to. 5 reps should be easy on one breath.
Brace and get tight before you unrack. No time wasted here. On squats and deadlift you can take your time, not on the ohp. Press like you mean it, be aggressive and be fast. Flex your quads as well.

Most of this is OHP 101 but at least a third of people in my gym do several of these wrong, and they barely press 40kgs

Push press, lat raises, front raises.

Hit 135lbs for the first time two weeks ago.

Tried again last week but had to cheat to get it up off the chest.

Ultimate goal is the elusive 2/3/4/5. Made huge progress just to get here but it’ll be a battle to the next plate.

ironically 135lb ohp is usually the easiest to hit for 1/2/3/4, but going for 2/3/4/5 it is by far the hardest.

It makes little sense for there to be a balance in increasing ohp by 90lb while the same on deadlifts.

38.5554 kg for 7 reps

Attached: 11673997.jpg (953x1300, 88K)

Do you count the bar?

that's really strong for dyel 145 lbs, nice man

No the bar doesn't weigh anything

I don't know for sure, even though i'm gaining mass, my strength stopped increasing. I can't see myself getting stronger without making some changes to my training program.

my weakest lift but im getting it up

Just hit 1 pl8 last week. We're all gonna make it bros

yesterday did 55 kg for 6, which isnt bad at all for not lifting almost for 2 months. Gonna max out in 4-5 weeks, hope to get 75-80 for 1

good ol’ 135 for a single. I was brosplitting ohp and bench for my first six months of lifting due to an SI Joint Sprain so I hit that pretty quick. First thing off the 1/2/3/4 list.

>mfw i only need 1pl8 for bodyweight ohp

115 lbs for 3x5. On a cut currently so haven't gone up but will definitely hit 1pl8 OHP sooon when I start my clean bulk

No shame in being shredded and strong

112.5 ezpz

same lol, but we carry 45lbs with one hand back and forth from the assemblyline. Overhead is just the easiest way to carry the metalsheet.

95kg @ 83kg bw

>40kg for 10 reps
literally my limit, cant do more than that, but I only do 8 reps, haven't gone up in 6 years.

Even today I saw a woman doing 1 pl8...

87kg 1x5
2345 here i come

I do 62.5x3 for 5 sets on heavy days and 42.5x10 for 3 sets on light days. You’re probably stronger than you think.

>5 reps in 1 breath
If you do this you will blow a vessel in your head or pass out. Do not hold your breath like that. Exhale going up, inhale on the negative.

Why is everyone so strong here at ohp?
I rarely see people do more than 50kg at all and way more rare with good form.

I do 40kg 5x5 with good form and even tho it's shitty i didn't think it would be the lowest in here lol

Doing something like 6x4 2x a week would probably serve you better. You're nowhere near the point where you need to do volume in tens.

I have litetally never seen a woman irl press more than 25 kg

1pl8 isn't strong, and lean means fuck all if there's no muscle

Decent if true

>duhh valsava will blow a vessel in your head
Read a book, retard

You're probably responding to that namefag Retarded MD

Its not the valsalva causing the issue you brainlet. Its holding breath increasing pressure in your cranium with the barbell overhead. Enjoy your pressure induced head aches and burst vessels

I'm here to be the bottom. But a lot of them are e-statting probably.

85lb 5x5
Never tried a 1rm but probably 105 or 115

1pl8 for a 60kg skeleton is very good

1 RM 135
For working sets I do 105x4

>here to be the bottom
Not so fast!

> 60 kg 2x2
> 55 kg 4x4
I have monkey arms, so atleast my deadlift is good

Attached: 1527478300691.jpg (720x721, 39K)

No weight classes in the jungle

>these are the posters giving you advice on Jow Forums

based retard

Not strong by fit standards ofc but I would assert that like 96% of people in the US can't do that. Mostly normies

What jungle?

>Not resetting your valsalva between reps
Breh....

55kg 1 rep max

im 182cm / 80kg

Attached: b_lokal.jpg (453x700, 247K)

Not him, but I lose tension and miss the last rep most of the time when I breathe again.

I gave up on OHP and started push pressing. Way less plateaus, more weight moved and thus my shoulders are getting much bigger than when I struggled with raising the weight on OHP. Still do 3x8 sets of strict pressing once a week but as accessory work pretty much

Sounds like you're just increasing your hip involvement

500lbs over the course of 10 reps :^)

You'll get there man. Dont scrimp on the accessories.

Me: 1pl8 5x5. My max was 72kg I think, probably couldn't do that now.

Did my PB 40kg 1x5 just the other day, but i was too fatigued to do any more so i had to deload.
The natty limit desu! Good things take time

120kg @ 100kg

based haha poster

Sodomites get the rope.

Did 165 for 3 singles today. Could maybe squeeze out 168.5.

Post body please

25kg. I just started. Although I can squat 75kg

barbell always tweaked my shoulders
currently do 55lb dumbbells for 6 hoping to move up to the 60's soon so I don't look dyel, even though 90% of my gym can't OHP more than 60lbs (srs)

Stop spreading your arms out

155 for 1rm

DB 35kg each hand 4 x 10