So I'm a beginner fitizen and has been doing mostly home excercises...

So I'm a beginner fitizen and has been doing mostly home excercises. I've been doing pullups and curls for a month now mostly everyday, but I'm hitting the wall pretty hard. I can't get past 5 pullups x5 sets, and 20x20lbs curls x5 sets with 90 second break between each. What do I need to do to get stronger?

Attached: swordqt5.webm (1000x837, 1.92M)

You need to get a gym membership.

Add pushups

Go to the gym dude

Increasing reps with the same weight curls is an inefficient and ineffective way to get stronger. You need to increment the weight, move up to 25lbs, keep moving up as you get stronger. You can only properly do this with the range of weights a gym provides.

Also, pullups are curls are mainly only working your biceps. You've got a whole entire body to work. Once again, gym will make it easy to hit everything you want to hit

unironically cannot afford it

Increase Pullups by doing Greasing the Groove. If you can't join a gym or make a home gym then you have to do a lot more exercises, not just curls and pullups. There's all sorts of exercises you can do.

>You need to increment the weight, move up to 25lbs, keep moving up as you get stronger.
Is this true?

Attached: name.jpg (625x415, 34K)

yeah you're not supposed to just keep doing more reps with the same weight

You definitely need to add pushups or dips at home. Chins are taking care of your biceps for the most part as a newbie. I wouldn’t worry about the curls but buy or find something weighted and attach it to you when you do your calisthenics movements

high reps lower weight makes the muscle leaner
lower reps higher weight bulids mass

High reps encourage muscles to use htp and glycogen more efficiently
It has nothing to do with "leaner" and you're a dunning Kruger retard

You hit 5x5 pullups in a month? Fuck me, it took me a fucking month to do 1.

If anyone is struggling with pullups btw, try v close grip. Much easier, then gradually widen out as youre reps go up.

Pullups are mainly back mate, lats.. Chinups are biceps.

Yeah. High rep counts with moderate weight will build endurance. 8-12 at 70-80% 1rm for hypertrophy. ~5 heavy for strength. As a noob you want to leverage linear progression, adding weight regulary.

He's right. Just doing curls and pull ups?? Lmao.

You can do all sorts of workouts with just dumbbells. You can have a pretty lean muscular body.

I still recommend going to the gym but like you said that's not a possibility.

How fuckin fat are you that it took a month to do one pull-up?

Jesus, is this the kind of person giving advice on Jow Forums?

Judging by the number of retards who are confusing pullups and chinups itt your right to worry. Pullups are much harder than fucking chins, esp since most noobs try a v wide grip like you were gripping the ends of the lat pulldown bar.

Not that user but anyone with any real knowledge has long since moved on from this site
There are people like myself who have lurked this site a long time but everytime I post genuine advice that I've learned through trial and error it gets drowned out by trolls and people who "read something somewhere"
Pic related is an example of the quality of posters here and I have a cringe folder with over 100 of these and all the r9k tier bullshit

Attached: Screenshot_20190717-212020~2.png (720x1279, 299K)

Oh fuck off, half the cunts in this thread think pullups mainly work the biceps. Anyone who gets 5x5 pullups from scratch in one fucking month is doing good, considering most have to spend a whike on negatives, bands etc. I can do 4x10 1pl8 chinups at 90kg, but can still unly manage 1x15 pullups unweighted.

I am in love with her as well. It's almost impossible to meet sweet, intelligent women that age who still look good and aren't fat

>pullups are easy, dude i did 20 my first day lmao

STEROIDS + GOMAD

There's not a lot of these and most of them are obviously fucking tyrones because they're liberal

Attached: 1563453212130.jpg (683x1024, 293K)