Didly form check

give it to me straight bros, am I going to snap my shit up?

Attached: didly.webm (1).webm (720x480, 1.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8HT2gVo1tro&t=349s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>am I going to snap my shit up?
probably

from what i see your form is pretty good

Pretty good use more of your hips though and keep a neutral chin

how much kg is that ?

Three issues I see.
>Your lock out the top is shit. Squeeze your ass like Jamal is trying to stick it in your pooper and you aren’t feeling it tonight.
>touch the weight to the ground. The weight should be at a dead stop they are called deadlifts not hoverlifts.
>you could honestly be more explosive in your entire moment movement

cheers Oberst had me worried
only 145 its a backdown set

thanks my glootes are weak as chit I wouldnt last a day in prison

Attached: sowhenwefucking.jpg (1024x512, 84K)

or in OP's case, no chin at all

>touch and go
You're supposed to reset every lift

Youre lifting with your back
Slow it down, keep your head and back on a fixed angle, drive with your legs and then straighten your back in that order

ye I do deadstop on working sets then touch n go for backoff volume I'm a dirty cheater

seems very explosive whats your powerclean max, muscle clean max and deadlift max ?

Practice at light weight, and feel out the movement trying to emphasize your glute activation(mine really begins right after the bar passes my knees). It will help support you lower back too and keep you out of snap city. Also wouldn’t hurt to check out some glute strengthening exercises

lol I don't got the shoulder mobility to front rack a barbell, but I've clean n pressed a 90kg log. Most weight I've touched on deadlift is 200kg

any you'd reccomend? I do barbell hip thrusts but I've been slack on them (they feel kinda gay lol)

front racking is all about wrist mobility, i had the same issue untill i started practicing it

i was guessing your 1rm was between 200-230 kg keep it up

interesting, might have to work at it. cheers bro

I've found thoracic mobility much more of an issue with the front rack; keeping my wrists in the right place on the bar is easy, but racking with the shoulders in the right place is something I'm still working

You look like you're trying to row it at the top, keep your arms straight and wedge your hips in between your shoulders and the barbell instead of trying to row the last bit at the top. Practice your top position if you need to by just walking a barbell out from a squat rack in the hang position, stand up nice and straight, that's the position you should be in every rep at the top.
Reset after every lift it's called a deadlift because you lift a deadweight at the bottom.

Oof.

Attached: Screenshot_20190721-014958.png (256x200, 54K)

my thoracic mobility is shit but still can do cleans, i found that wrist mobility was the issue

of course it takes week to months to make up the adaptation, but its worth,at least for me it was

starting with low weights to practice form is key, and ohpressing helps much

why is every one else's gym better than mine.
fuck my life

Unfortunately there aren’t many that don’t look gay. There is one where you can use a resistance band with one side on a power rack and the other around you waist and you thrust explosively, but I don’t know the name is and it look really spergy unless you own it like a Chad. Overall focusing on squeezing your glutes on your deadlift will do a lot as is

ty, don't shoulder blades need to be back at top of lift though? or is it all good as long as your hips come through with locked knees?

lmao I think I know the one you mean from a jujimufu episode, shits hilarious

just fuc my shit up senpai

Attached: 980x.jpg (728x548, 67K)

>DEADlift
>Bounces weight off floor
kek

yes shoulders back, chest up, reps 1-4 look like you're confusing deadlifts with rows, reps 5-8 look better but you should probably pause a moment longer at the top until you get your lockout down better.
you can probably go heavier weight if you're going that fast and that volume too, just reset after every rep and brace your core hard so your lumbar/pelvis stay straight, hard to tell but looks like the lumbar rounds slightly/pelvis tilts posteriorly slightly.
I did that at first too might just take a few weeks of doing it with bad form for your spinal erectors/core to strengthen up and your hamstrings to stretch out more. are you doing squats as well? if not those will stretch your hamstrings out

Why, your form is good.

yea I had a bad habit of overextending lumbar so I watched some breathing n bracing videos and now focus on trying to keep diaphragm aligned over pelvis.
I train back squats but it poverty liftening, unfortunately

all this talk around Oberst's risk/reward comment had me shook

how long have you been doing deadlifts for? if back squats aren't helping then maybe pendlay rows will help with the posterior chain alignment. I had a similar problem with posterior tilt/lumbar at first and just continually deadlifting every week strengthened everything up enough eventually, just stay under like 2.5 pl8 until then maybe

another accessory that may help with this is RDLs (Romanian Deadlifts), you basically start from the top at the hang position, then lower the bar down as far as you can while keeping your knees mostly straight, then lift the bar back up, that's 1 rep.

started training barbell lifts october last year. Might have to try them pendlays been recommended them a few times now

yea those are a cool lift I used them to learn to hip hinge won't hurt to start doing them again

What this user said, but also you're shrugging a lot. Most likely due to the poor lock out.

pendlay's were great for fixing my posterior pelvic tilt, lumbar/core, and stretching hamstrings out, make sure youre starting from the ground everytime just like deadlifts, reset after every rep, keep back horizontal until you get heavy enough weight that you have to deadlift it off the ground to start slightly

thanks bro I hadn't noticed that

I've been becoming hyper-aware of my own bad shrugging habits lately, after having a physical therapist take a look at my shoulder. She very quickly noticed I start shrugging way too early during certain motions, especially OHP. Among some other issues, but that was a big one I'm now being careful of. I think if you really focus on maintaining retracted lats shoulders the whole way through your shrugging will solve itself.

theyre fuckin cool looking too, whats the heaviest you've seen? this dude goes up to lmao6pl8 at 9:55 youtube.com/watch?v=8HT2gVo1tro&t=349s

yea Im always forgetting to fully use lats ty for reminder

Np. It's easy to forget them in the middle of the set and let them fall forward.

>bouncing/not touching ground
Bar should be at dead stop, not bounce between every rep. Bouncing it makes it a ridiculous amount easier.
>shit lockout
I mean yeah thats just obvious here

You did one deadlift and the rest are rdls

quick fixes
>set bar on ground at end of rep and use this time to quickly reset
>you dont need to do a powerlifting style chest out lockout but at least straighten your back
>slow down and lift the first few inches like a standing leg press, then activate back to finish out the lift

it's called the DEADlift for a reason, you're supposed to lift the weight from dead, which is while it's resting on the ground, unmoving

thanks I used to have bad habit of squating weight up, guess I'm too focussed on hip hinging now. will try to use more leg drive.
I do deadstop on working sets but switch to touch n go for backdown volume