So what's your opinion of SS? You think It's the best for beginners...

So what's your opinion of SS? You think It's the best for beginners? Also put in what you think is the best program for natural bodybuilders

Attached: starting strength.jpg (373x500, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html
renaissanceperiodization.com/male-physique-training-templates
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>So what's your opinion of SS?
kinda meme. its ok/great for beginners (i.e. like first 6mo), a lot of ppl are discouraged by power cleans and idk why u would have a fucking beginner attempt them instead of just having them do rows
>Also put in what you think is the best program for natural bodybuilders
the program you enjoy most. progress can be made with a 2d/week routine, but u cant make progress if you burn out & quit. so just do what u enjoy
my personal favorite routine rn is upper/lower with added shoulders on lower day. but i switch up routines every year or so

I think a 5/3/1 variation is better longterm.

SS isn't bad though.

I tried to read it but the guy is so passive aggressive and you can tell he's seething that hes a glorified high school coach instead of a doctor

I did SS now I can’t control my strength and I accidentally kill every small animal I touch

Attached: 5F778346-6BA8-42CC-8CBF-0D9A3C86ECE4.jpg (415x1102, 279K)

Stay away

lmfao

It's the best program for beginners hands down if you can read a book, follow instructions, competently self-coach form, and never skip a session. Must be able to record yourself and figure out wtf you need to fix constnatly. I'm months into SS and I still record myself every week. Even if your goal is bodybuilding do SS first until you're strong as fuck, then swap to bodybuilder programs if you feel you still need to

SS is the most efficient novice program someone can possibly do if followed exactly as directed. Power cleans are not difficult and rows are not a substitute. For SS to work you must eat A LOT of food, some times as much as 5000-6000 calories per day. You need to sleep at least 8 hours per night as well. The people who say this program doesn't work or whatever have not followed it correctly. If you expect to do this program with the idea of getting aesthetic then you're doing it wrong. This program is best used to solely build strength which is essentially a requirement to become aesthetic. If you aren't strong then you won't be muscular, if you're not muscular then you're not going to be aesthetic. If you are a novice then DO this program and decide where to go from there. It's far easier to lose fat than to gain muscle. People can gain upwards of 50lbs of body weight in 12 weeks with 60% of it being lean body mass.

Is this program from the sticky good? I just started and feel like it's pretty easy.
newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html

I'll stick with it then, thanks lads

>. its ok/great for beginners (i.e. like first 6mo)
like the actual recommended max length you follow it, wow!

fullbody is the best you can do

I always LMAO at this threads. Are you really implying that people didn't become strong before SS, SL, Greyskull and other modern dog shit? Look at books like "THE Complete Keys to Progress", "Powerlifting Basics Texas Style", programs like 20 rep squats, Tommy Kono's beginner routine, Arnold Golden 6. Beginners did fullbody workouts with 2-3x8-15 set/rep scheme, they also often trained OHP in the same session with bench press, did curls, did additional shoulder exercises like upright rows and all this in the same session. Forget about SS nonsense.

Attached: 7651_original.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>People can gain upwards of 50lbs of body weight in 12 weeks with 60% of it being lean body mass.
12 months maybe.

SS and Full body are a meme just like protein powder and weight gainers, if you’re looking to build a god physique read Mentzer and watch Dorian Yates Blood and Guts videos. It matters not if you’re natty or on the juice their shit works the best by far.

Attached: 2C8D1436-0081-42A2-B91C-25653E4DA029.jpg (610x843, 113K)

1. Do the programme five days a week
2. Add 5 sets of pull-ups every session
3. Do rows instead of power cleans

SS is now fit for purpose for beginners.

If you finish your beginner program after your first few months and find out it wasn't the most 100% optimized beginner program in the world, are you going to stop lifting?

if not why worry so much about the first 0.5% of your time lifting?

it’s fine as long as you only run it for 6-12 months, and actively think about what your goals are gonna be after you finish so you can make an intelligent decision about intermediate programming
best program for a natural bber depends on way too many personal factors, but it’s probably gonna be 4-5 days a week, based around heavy compounds with accessories carefully selected to bring up lagging bodyparts, plus a decent amount of HIIT to keep bodyfat low

I don't know about best for beginners but it's ok to start with. It does let you add weight to the bar rapidly, but in the long term I don't think it matters much since it doesn't prepare you very well for future training because you're only training one rep range and you're actively discouraged from improving your work capacity by being told to increase your rest times past 5 minutes and to not do any cardio. This is in addition to retarded diet advice.

If you want to do SS don't follow their diet advice, either eat at a small surplus or deficit depending on your goals, add some low intensity cardio if you're not already very active outside the gym, and most importantly, when you stop progressing switch programs. LP is not magic, there is no reason to try and "milk out" every kg from LP. You'll only hurt yourself in the long run.

If your primary goal is bodybuilding then I'm not sure if SS is the best option for you. There isn't any one best program and you'll have to try things out and see what works. The Renaissance Periodization might be better for you,though they are a bit expensive. renaissanceperiodization.com/male-physique-training-templates

I love straight shota

How do you know when you should move on from a beginner routine and move on to an intermediate one? Are there any generally good intermediate routines, or does it depend on the person?

Attached: 1524311042291.jpg (882x731, 113K)

ignore my retarded sentence structure pls

When it stops working, on SS you're supposed to add weight every workout, when you're no longer able to do that it's time to move on. What program you move on to depends on your goals. There isn't any single best program so you're just going to have to try one out and see how it works out for you, then over time you'll get more data on what works for you.

I've always done SS, when I first started and after a long break from lifting, I look pretty decent, you definitely tell I lift and always get jokingly accused of steroids at work, SS is pretty good, it's the fast way to get your strength up to an okay level before you start hypertrophy routines, imo hypertrophy is meme as a natty, strength = size so forget doing "bodybuilding" routines and just focus on getting stronger in the big 4 with enough volume to help your muscles grow

5 days a week is shit for recovery
Pullups are already included
You don't need rows when you already have pullups

Still waiting for that faggot who posts his shitty pasta every thread

it's an excellent beginner program for a natural bodybuilder
if you find it boring, then just add some curls or triceps ext at the end of the workouts
and if the power clean scares you, then do a row instead

>this
Also SS is meme which builds T-Rex almost body... if you want it then go ahead but i doubt you will be pleased with your results

The definition of an intermediate is one who can't progress linearly from workout to workout.

Then move to Madcow 5x5 or some other weekly program.

>literally believing beginners can't recover from a 30kg bench, 50kg squat session overnight
>literally believing pull ups can replace rows or vice-versa

Below 18 is a terrible waste of youth but in your case it will only help the world, please kys instantly

You might have stalled with these numbers, but the average male who doesn't have trash genetics can get much higher.
So in case you were wondering, rest days are an absolute must.

Yeah it's cool. Basically compound movements for 8 to 16 weeks, which is what all beginners should do first regardless of goal

SS is great if you do two things:
>Add more upper body shit. No, your arms will not get big doing squats. Incorporate some curls, chinups/pullups (whichever you aren't already doing), and accessories for your weaker lifts
>STOP DRINKING A GALLON OF MILK RETARD. Eat at a realistic surplus/cut depending on your current build and just be patient
It wont get you looking juicy but for strength, training to lift seriously, getting into a good routine and sorting your shit, it's bretty gud desu~

AFAIK Rip has said adding accessories is fine
Chinups and pullups are already part of the routine and GOMAD is only recommended for skinny teens
You're still right though

t. dyel who didn’t play team sports

Attached: 991F28C0-1C91-42B5-A79D-71808215CFC5.jpg (850x400, 59K)