Too heavy to start working out?

hey, Jow Forums. I'm 5'11" @ 229 lbs.

I plan on starting with calisthenics, then moving onto weightlifting.

am I too heavy to start?

Attached: fatty.jpg (820x822, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lozkwiyVefw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

calisthenics would be harder than just lifting the bar, fatty

go for a run and stop eating retard

Just start with weights, you are too fat and weak for calisthenics right now. And start cutting right away, don’t delay that at all

Attached: D02C0261-1A46-475A-AF5E-F0E4A9C318CF.png (1080x1554, 585K)

thanks for the head's up, anons. I'm already cutting

>229 lbs
>"go for a run"
hello sir

Attached: q0pw0rvd9w831.jpg (960x539, 68K)

Chances are you will be within the top 5% strength in your gym right off the bat just because of your size, use it to your advantage and hit the weights ~3 times a week doing some strongman stuff, something like squats Monday with assistant leg extension and leg curls, chest stuff Wednesday like incline barbell bench followed by some incline dumbbell with assistance shoulder press machine and tricep extensions on the cable machine, then some deadlift Friday with lay pull downs shrugs and rows as assistance. Sprinkle in some elliptical cardio once you’re done, or some rowing machine or bike etc and you’ll be fit and strong as fuck in no time

I'm 380 and I do 30min on a treadmill every day. Yeah it's only 2.5mph but it keeps my bpm in the 150-160 range most of the time.

Also, if you’re anything like I was you will find squatting an empty bar far harder than sticking some weight on it. I found due to my bulk it was hard ‘squishing’ down with an empty bar and found with a little bit off weight on the bar to help squash your gut easier. Just start slow and find what works

Whatever you do, DON'T FALL FOR THE BULKING MEME.
If you are fat, your priority right now is to shed off some fat. Don't bother about "gaining mass" for now.

Calisthenics are very difficult at that weight but not impossible.

I'm 350lbs and I can do calisthenics, what the fuck is wrong with you. Start lifting fatty.

Also fuck you just start lifting you weak bitch

You can still get stronger with CNS adaptation.

Focus on getting skinny first though. Your first goal is to get to 12-14% bodyfat.

I started lifting at 530lb.
Never too early to start, just compliment it with low impact cardio

lift big and cut
do some cardio as well, but not shit like sprints obviously
I'm not too familiar with what people of your weight untrained can do

Lol, I'm the same height and started starting strength at around 270lbs or so. You'll lose weight and gain muscle since you're overweight and a beginner.

I started with 130ish kgs and I am now at 113kgs. You are way below that, there is no such thing as "Too heavy to start", even fucking boogie lost weight (he then went on to be a retard and regain it, but he did lose it originally - He just failed at consistency).

You can do it, but calisthenics is retarded to do in your state, not just for the strenght/weight but also because you will fuck up joints and get injuries. Just start doing 5x5 Strong Lifts or Starting Strength (or any other beginner program) and fix your diet. Fat men such as ourselves actually have a lot of strength due to carrying around or fat asses, so use that to your advantage.

Buy a food scale ASAP and eat around 2000kcal to 2300kcal a day (depends on how fast you are willing to go). I currently do 1200kcal +6 days at week at the gym but that's a bit much and I don't recommend it unless you are autistic like me.

Also, make sure you enjoy your lower kcal meals. Learn to spice up your food. In an emergency, if you need to add a bit of sauce or ketchup to a meal to make it tasty and thus keep the cravings for worse shit away, then do it (as long as you keep it light, like 30g of ketchup, its only about 40 kcal) - Try to kick this habit a bit further on when you are more used to healthy eating/lifting.

I highly recommend Intermittent Fasting, but if you get serious enough, I would even go for OMAD (One Meal a Day).

The most important part is consistency, so just start a plan and carry it out and do not give up or take breaks no matter what.

Lemme know if you have questions.

No such thing. Lift with good form immediately.

I was 340lbs at 5'11" when I started lifting 5 years ago. Go for it, user.

Dude if these are your real stats, you need to start with lifting, then move to your athlean-x membership. Take a day in the gym to do some movements with the oly bar and some dumbbells in the gym (compound preferably but I'm biased). Throw some weight on and get heavier until it starts feeling "really" strenuous, write that weight down, then move to the next movement. Next time you're in the gym, take 80-90% of that written weight and do some working sets, and just keep moving up. Once your body is really used to itself moving, then go to the calisthenic stuff cause that shits gonna be way harder than your max at your body weight.

>Chances are you will be within the top 5% strength in your gym right off the bat just because of your size,
LOL

Same height, started at 240lbs. Now im 195, been lifting the entire time. What's the problem exactly?

fucking idiot, you can absolutely start running at 229lbs. Download one of the many C25K apps, don't be an idiot, and give yourself plenty of rest time.

calisthenics will be hard, but you can do the baby/supported versions of a lot of things. bar would be easier. If you go for calisthenics, you will probably want to make sure you have proper equipment to support you, e.g. something to allow for incline pushups (if you don't need to start with wall-pushaways).

watch this video, I seriously lost over 30kg doing exactly what he suggests
basically
it's common sense, but he lays it out clearly and autists like us need it
youtube.com/watch?v=lozkwiyVefw

You can't do calisthenics absolute hamplanet moron. The best calisthenics you can do is walking and fork put downs. You can lift weights tho, just don't eat them

>”I think I’m too fat to work out so I won’t. Please validate me, Jow Forums.”
Sounds like an excuse.