Tfw I will go to the gym with my mom today and teach her the basics of strength training

>tfw I will go to the gym with my mom today and teach her the basics of strength training
It makes me happy that she's trying to be healthy.
Are your parents working out Jow Forums?
And if not, why not get them into it?

Attached: motivation_0.png (640x1136, 279K)

my mom almost started crying when she found out i count calories

My mom works out and knows alot about diet

Send your Mom round my way and I’ll give her a workout haha

>doesn't have a mom

I don't know. I know my parents, but I've never discussed anything health related with either, so I have no clue about their thoughts on the subject. Last time I saw my mom she didn't look like she works out. Dad looks like a basic dude so he might, dunno. Although I haven't seen him in about 13 years.

Because that’s the gayest thing I’ve ever heard
>That dyel that brings his mum to the gym

sux 2 b u lol

What's with Americans and being ashamed of having family?

>Not wanting people around you to better themselves
You're a couple fries short of a happy meal aren't you?

Attached: 1563491558553.jpg (996x1958, 246K)

I'll never forget the based bodybuilder I met when I was around 15. My mom dragged me to LA Fitness with her. I was busting my ass. She basically watched me and barely worked out. This guy came up and told me what I needed to do to succeed and my mom kept trying to speak for me. And then he criticized her for being a lazy shlup. It was pretty based. Love that guy.

Any tips on helping someone learn. My cousin asked me to teach his son how to work out and I honestly have no fucking idea where to start.

T. Underage

How old is he?

Is she going to wear some cute tight yoga pants, user?
Be sure to brush up against her and take control of her body when showing her how to lift properly

Get him on a basic novive program. Teach him basic compound exercises like deadlift, squat, bench, pull up, rows.
If it's too hard than go a level easier and do dumbbell deadlifts, goblet squat (or bodyweight squats), push ups, pull ups with a band to assist and cable rows . Also make him do a lot of facepulls for good posture.

>Started working out at 15

That explains why you're a manlet

Novice program*

I love my family and I’m not American (which should have been obvious by the fact I use ‘mum’ you dumbcunt).
You autists have seriously got no self-awareness if you would go to the gym with you mum. I might drop her off at a gym class, but I’m not doing shit with her

>if I call them autistic I'm automagically right

Kys. Helping your mom at the gym is S tier sick kunt shit.

You realise you can teach your mum how to better herself without having to spot her squats. Why do you have to hold hands with your mum in the gym to teach her?

>t. mommies bestfriend

>he isn't best friends with his parents
That's yikes from my my dude

Honestly my parents can just die fat. I don’t care at this point. I’ve tried to help them, tried to provide opportunities for them, but they don’t listen.

And that’s the fundamental problem. They have never listened to me once. It’s been like that since I was a child and it probably fucked me up developmentally. I don’t know if they just think I’m an idiot, or if they just do it because no one ever listened to them, but they never listen to me. So when I told them 4-5 years ago that intermittent fasting would start to become huge, that it had the science and research behind and that I could show them it. They didn’t listen nor care. Years later and it’s being prescribed to obese patients because it’s effective.

Then they go off and watch some bullshit T.V program and now they know all about nutrition and health. They can tell me about “biological age” and how “being fat actually makes you older.” And it’s fuckibg frustrating because I could have told them that. When I tell them to lift weights because they are getting old and they need to retain muscle mass, I get crickets. Then some faggot tells them the same thing on the tele and they are scrambling over themselves to try and lift weights.

I hate them. I utterly fucking hate them for that. They can die fat.

Attached: C33F9231-4A15-4014-A039-7F0B2A08AD28.gif (155x201, 506K)

Imagine not having a good relationship with your parents lmao

wholesome af OP

Hoe your mum enjoys it!

>Are your parents working out Jow Forums?
nope
>And if not, why not get them into it?
dad is old and broken, mom has just had her 2nd cancer removal in 3 years.

Shit bro, hang in there!

My dad just had his first cancer op. All clear....

:)

That's cool as fuck dude. I wish I had a mom to help at the gym. My mom said she should have kept smoking. Haven't seen her since.

I wish my parents were more into fit and health.
My mom is becoming more fat each day and doesn't seem willing to change and also complains about little pains and stiffnes all the time which is just unpleasant.
My dad is doing okay but his body is now pretty worn out from hard work and he smokes like crazy with no intention of stopping.

I don't think I can convince either.

That's wonderful to hear, OP. I don't know how into the sciences of it she wants to get, but a weight training program is good for offsetting the muscle loss that comes with age. I've also heard that lean mass is positively correlated with longevity.

My dad goes to the gym and does farmwork. I'm impressed as fuark by his physical strength.

How? I can't convince my parents to move at all.

I wish, user

My mom has been fat and in pain for my entire life, and has been hurting herself in other ways longer than that. I've tried to help get her to change, but she's just become convinced that life is something that happens to her, despite spending her youth proving she's smart, capable, and driven.

I was a problem child, and I can't help but feel like part of it was my fault for draining all of her energy and making her jaded with life, given she really just stopped improving around the time I was at my worst. It's been decades since then, and I'm still digging myself out of a lot of holes, and I know at some level that she could be doing the same, but man

I hope all the roid boomers going through divorces btfo you and bang your mom in the showers. Whats the matter with you

Someone seems to have some mommy issues. Tell us what's wrong user.

Attached: 1550269798852.png (459x522, 431K)

I actively wish that my mother would be hurt or die.

My gf is 250+ lbs. She confessed that she hasn't explored the gym. She stated that she felt judged in the other sections.

We waited and went at 10:30pm last night. Went through the entire gym. She says that she is going to change up her workout using stuff from from the other sections.

I don't think she is going to change this week, but I know what I am doing next Saturday night.