How do I give up drinking, Jow Forums...

How do I give up drinking, Jow Forums? I'm not an alcoholic or anything but every time I go to a restaurant or my parents'/grandparents' or anywhere, I get offered beer or wine and I don't want to turn down a nice gesture, but alcohol is simply bad for you.

Anyone give up alcohol? Anyone try and regret it so you started back up? Pros? Cons? Tips?

Attached: drunk.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

>I don't want to turn down a nice gesture!!
fuck off I can't drink alcohol for the rest of my life
My dad drinks more beer in 20 minutes than I have in my entire life

Coward thread

>Muh don't want to be rude
They are your family and if you feel that it is pertinent to your health they will understand and if not fuck em.

class of wine is nothing, dont be autistic over minor shit

Alcohol has and always will be bad for your body. Just politely turn down offers for it.

ITT: people who get drunk every night

Lick homeless people's balls. They secrete a substance that cures all alcohol addiction. But it only works for non-homeless people.

Try limiting to one drink per day to start?

1. dispose of all alcoholic beverages in home
2. do not purchase alcoholic beverages
3. politely decline when offered alcoholic beverage
4. feel smug when friends & family complain about hangovers

I used to drink a Coors banquet every night with dinner. Then I learned there's estrogen in beer, so I now only drink rarely when friends want to get hammered.
Also, I switched from 2% milk to ice cold water for my whey drinks.
I've gotten lean as hell in a few months of keeping away from those 2 gain goblins.

alcohol acts the same way in your liver as sugar does
avoid a beer like you would a coke

>I'm not an alcoholic or anything

Then just don't drink, fag. If you're not an alcoholic then having a drink or two every once in a while isn't a big deal. If you're not an alcoholic then just saying, "no thanks" to an offered drink is not a big deal. If you can't control your own behavior then you have a problem. You're either an alcoholic or a spineless coward. Decide which one you are and then just stop being that.

Just say no, your life, your decision and of course your willpower.

Alcohol might be fun every now and then, but fuck it the hangovers are a big price to pay later on as you age.

I only drink a couple of times each year during special occasions with my old school mates, during christmas, new years, easter and summer. But I might quit for good soon, I'm in my late 20s.
Alcohol also fucks with your gains, so I'm drinking a lot less because of that too.

What's so bad with milk? Doesn't the whey drinks taste weird without it?

milk is full of fat and hormones, its good if youre bulking. i dont think they taste weird personally

Just say “no thank you” or just have 1. It’s not that fuckin hard

Fuck the one on the left looks like beetlejice

Right, well I'm currently bulking but I should cut it out down the road.

The taste is a habit I guess.

You know that whisky is one of the healthiest drinks in the world? It's full of antioxidants and nutrients - even old ass as shit people drink whisky daily.

>drinking wood water
no thanks

Was a lust for 2 or 3 years (it's kinda a blur) been drink free for 6 months.

Here's what I did

Stop buying any booze, if you dont buy it you cant drink it
If you go to the bar, get cash and leave your cards at home, keep it to one or two beers and soon it becomes a habit
Tell everyone you dont drink much anymore this way in social settings everyone knows you dont drink and you dont want to be a lier

>How do I give up drinking
Stop drinking
>I get offered beer or wine and I don't want to turn down a nice gesture
Tell them you can't because you follow a strict diet
>Anyone give up alcohol?
Yes
>Anyone try and regret it so you started back up?
Yes and everytime the regret from drinking was stronger than the regret from not drinking
>Pros
No hangovers, no liver damage and disease, save money, won't get arrested for driving, fewer accidents, more willpower, clearer thinking, more energy, get to keep your job, able to take medications without stomach bleeding, lower risk of cancer of the mouth and throat
>Cons?
Your alcoholic friends will shame you before passing out in a ditch somewhere
>Tips?
Pic related

Attached: justsayno.jpg (414x600, 74K)

You fucking faggot just take a drink. if you want to turn it into Jow Forums autism then red wine has antioxidants, beer is hydrating and has 4g protein, and moderate drinking is good for cardio

imagine what your ancestors would have thought of you. smdh

What's is it that makes liquor so bad? Liver damage? Alcohol breaking down in a weird way? Empty calories?

I wasn't an alcoholic in my mind when I quit..
but when I actually did quit I noticed I had cravings..
so realize that for the 1st few weeks it will be weird and you will notice some weird boredom setting in.
And it might be tough around people who are drinking
Also look out for the sugar cravings..
alcohol and sugar have a lot in common with how they act in your body and mind so sometimes people switch over to sugary drinks

man up. tell them thankyou but you are working out and cant drink.

based advice, just poured 64oz of miller high life down the drain. Im gonna make it this time

This, it's subtle, isn't it?
I have NEVER smoked regularly, and there was only a brief period in my life where I got drunk regularly. I fucking crave having a big fat cigar or pipe in my mouth whenever I see a cigarette being smoked in a show or something, and the same applies to when people are drinking liquor. I don't really get the cravings from seeing beer or vapes, though.

I've slowed down my drinking considerably. I simply try and avoid situations that involve alcohol. If there is alcohol I'll just grab a water. Add a lime to make it look like a drink if you must. Or just get better friends that don't care that you don't drink. And if you must have a drink just have one. No need to overdo it and get hungover.

>mum I’m going to quit drinking
>no thanks I don’t drink, could I have a sparkling water?
it’s not that hard fag.

I never got the point of "having a beer" or "drinking wine for dinner". Not only is it fucking obvious that alcohol is always bad for you it also tastes like shit. I drink rarely but if I do I get fucking wasted and have fun because I have to get at least something out of harming my body.

this.

beer is ACTUALLY gross. you've just been cultured to like it because it's cold. you are literally drinking a cold loaf of bread.

Okay, OP, here's what you do. I'll make it simple for you.
All you have to do... is stop drinking.

The controlling alcohol red pill is to stop spirits altogether

>beer is ACTUALLY gross
underage enjoy your ban.

ngmi nerd

How old are you? Seriously?

These girls look like that girl that just got her throat cut lmaoo

Seek help

You have the palate of a vegan, I'm sure

I quit drinking, dont regret it at all, I let communion wine touch my lips to not look weird in church but thats it.

Attached: IMG_0048.jpg (732x648, 114K)

You sound like literal children. It's ok if you're a baby and don't like the taste of anything that's not sweet, but that doesn't mean most adults are EW GROSSE for enjoying beer

>I fucking crave having a big fat pipe in my mouth
user

no the cigar is big and fat but the pipe is normal

my dad offers me cigarettes weekly, you just say no, youre watching your health. This is the same excuse fatties use with food.

Started school again and couldn't keep up drinking regularly and completing school work. The easiest decision was to quit drinking. Gave it up and haven't regretted it yet. I failed out for two days in a row by buying a kombucha suggested by a friend then found out it has miniscule amount of alcohol so I bought a second one the next day as the official day to start over

t. never tried beer that isn't owned by a giant conglomerate
the craft beer scene gaining traction recently has been fucking wonderful for my taste buds
I find it very hard to believe that anyone with meaningful experience and knowledge of beer literally cannot find a single beer that they don't like

>can't find a single beer they don't like
can't find a beer that they do like, oops

I mean, stop being a faggot?

Like, everyone knows a beer makes any social occasion more enjoyable. Clearly.

Just drink A beer and tell them you're cool. It'll do what it's supposed to, loosen your inhibitions and open you up, and all will be well. You're a grown man, if you're still falling for peer pressure you're a faggot. Nothing wrong with a beer at a social gathering.

Based.

Change your mindset to the complete opposite. Realize you look like a low IQ douchebag slurping down every alcoholic drink that comes your way and a whiny victim who can’t cope if you drink at home. It’s not being rude to turn down a drink, people will respect you more for keeping your boundaries and taking care of your health.

>stomach bleeding from meds
wot

cant tell if troll or not

Mixed signals ITT:

>Just have a drink
>Just say no

You can really tell who the good guys are vs the bad guys.

>I never got the point of "having a beer" or "drinking wine for dinner"
>it also tastes like shit.
>i only drink to get fucked up
alcoholic with the tastebuds of a toddler

based, also
5. don't ever get laid because never getting in the zone to say whatever bs to chicks to bring them home

but yea I agree

I can’t take alcohol at all. One or two beers is enough to make me tipsy and walk around with a retarded smile all over my face, but the moment I stop drinking I become extremely tired and want to just go home. I love water so I just drink that, you will get mocked though. My jealous mid-life crisis sister always makes a comment that I drink water because I’m cheap.

>aiming to get laid rather than aiming to find a good, fertile woman to marry
ngmi

'Sorry, I don't drink' either you appear mature and experienced, or arrogant.
I like both

>not releasing pressure with bar broads
>meeting that good girl with blue balls
non

Who else here can't control there alcohol intake at all? I keep blacking out 24/7 and waking up everywhere. Been woken up by the police multiple times, woke up in an ice cold bath in someone else's apartment (went under the water and woke up, could have died), destroyed my apartment whilst drunk & have lost multiple friends from drinking but I can't quit. It's hard to describe the love of that first sip and knowing that anything could fucking happen

Attached: 1563286278406.jpg (1280x1440, 201K)

Impossible maybe, try coffee and get sober pills from doc.

Alcohol seems to be your best friend so why quit a good friend unlike the ones that turned their back on you? You know they don't deserve you and you deserve that sip you've been craving user
Happiness is just around the corner, go ahead bro

Thanks dude, out to the buy the shittest sixer I can find & a pack of Marlboros. Hopefully I don't wake up tomorrow.

Attached: DF86D6F5C20A4AC4AD4BC63510ED4146.jpg (1080x1350, 201K)

buy 2 man, 6 pack is like the 6th grader of friends

I normally hit up a bar after doing the six, got half a bottle of shitty whiskey I can down before going as well. Don't worry user I get most of my alcohol at shitty overpriced bars.

Attached: 07snapshotarticleLargev2.jpg (600x1261, 63K)

Tonight is the night user
You will succeed

>pick up herpes
>women will judge you for it the rest of your life
sound plan

>thinks his good girl really is a good girl

Are there actually any CONS to not drinking?

All 3 plus hangovers.
What makes it so good? Honestly don't get the appeal of drinking constantly.