/plg/ powerlifting general

Attached: 839B7990-B662-4DEC-A810-088F9C232BE7.jpg (1653x1023, 426K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IzjJUKc-h5o
mk0usastrength8hfai8.kinstacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/USSF-Technical-Rules-5.28.19.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for bench is a niche exercise for paraplegics

>WTT
Highbar 4x5 than AMRAP of 9
RDL 4x7 than AMRAP of 15
Incline Press 4x7 than AMRAP of 15
Lat Pulldown 2x12 than AMRAP of 16
Bi&Tri 2x12 than AMRAP of 20

Attached: eJwFwVEOgyAMANC7cABaW2XM2xBskEQtod3XsrvvvW_4zCvs4XQftgMc3arOI5rrLE1iU22XlNEtVr2huJd63vK4AXFixsT5TcQb (237x299, 63K)

what program u doing?

This kid (17) is my hero

youtube.com/watch?v=IzjJUKc-h5o

I'll try to squat tomorrow after stretching properly. Tomorrow it'll be five weeks after I pulled my hip flexor. Pls God let me squat

I won't go past 2.5pl8 just in case

Attached: 1558547310669.png (658x662, 59K)

Every time I sneeze my lower back hurts. Is this an early warning sign I should be paying attention to?

Cant push with weights for about 2 months so I picked easier way - average to savage with AMRAP last set, you set every accesories and main squat as you want so I picked more hypertrophy style. Also cutting

he got diabetes because of the diet they told him to eat and he haven't set a pr in ages cus hes been doing texas method for 4 years

looks fun. Gonna look in to average to savage

Mate he has type 1 diabetes that's genetic. But yeah I agree. He was on basic SS for years (Rippetoe thinks it's okay because he was still progressing). Now he's still on pretty much basic TM and stalling.

your dumb

>WTT
CUCC improvised rehab for now
4*6 365lbs box squat way above parallel
4*3 315lbs bench
3*8 275lbs lower box squat
Biceps and lat pulldowns
3*F cry like a bitch

Day 3 of week off

Attached: Xumw7h1.gif (540x540, 1.28M)

Yeah but I'm stronger than you.

How's the ouzo hangover

Cyclefag, I managed to download it from magnet link. Can upload it somewhere for you plg guys tomorrow (Westside vs the World).

doubt it

rehab of what? I feel like my right hip hurts a bit while squatting beacuse im uneven and it does more work

do it bro

Press Squat Deadlift should be the new powerlifting.

I did something to an oblique doing hip thrusts a while ago and then PT says apparently my psoas are now too tight to let it get fixed properly, so I've gotta stretch psoas a lot and avoid anything with a small hip angle like bottom of squats/deads for a while.

pressed and presspilled

Rip literally already made this, google Strengthlifting

Is 5/3/1 really an ‘ advanced’ programme? I’ve been told something like Texas method is better

Rip didn't make it he just wrote it down. Idiot

Just waiting for this to come to Europe.

Will try, probably to MEGA.

google why you're such an irritating cunt

You shut your whore mouth.

Lmoa

can't it's full of your wife's stupid pussy

The only people I know who started powerlifting look much worse than they did before...

I had one beer, a little rum, and about a half bottle of vodka. Vodka hangover is usually very light unless it's badly done bootleg shit.

Squat rule:
>Any intentional loss of contact with the bar during the attempt results in a mandatory disqualification from the event.
What did they mean by this?

How does one begin on the path to powerlifting?
I don't want aesthetics, I just want to lift the heaviest shit possible

intentional dumping is risky for spotters.

Oh I didn't realise they had mid-squat spotters on the squat. Why not just let people drop the bar backwardS?

Attached: Screenshot_20190721-143732.png (2048x1876, 1.6M)

Bends plates, could hit someone, they could get trapped if they don't bail or of they pass out or trip without bailing, etc. They're often doing it in a hotel or something where it would damage the floor too

Eat like a fat lard and pick up heavy weight in a very specific way, one wrong movement and your backs fucked for life.

image is based, fuck carfags. I ride in the middle of the lane on purpose so they start honking, then I close my eyes and imagine it's the honkler following me and I start laughing. makes my morning

Powerlifting should just die off and be replaced with strongman and highlands games. SBD are tools to train strength, competitions should demonstrate yhathat t strength not just be morw training

I highly recommend reading the rules for strengthlifting meets
mk0usastrength8hfai8.kinstacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/USSF-Technical-Rules-5.28.19.pdf

It's like somebody fixed all the crappy shit about powerlifting

How good are the barbell medicine templates?

And yet the press™ STILL isn't worth 2x the points. We live in a society

just organise your own strenghtlifting comp lol

Depends, do you like being fucked in the ass by mr Schlomoberg?

Was supposed to be a new thread but I'm a retarded phone poster

Wrong thread buddy

will build the monolith fuck my elbows or shoulders from doing 100 chinups and dips

wait a minute, let me ask my 8ball

uhh oh doesnt look too good

Attached: Screenshot_20190721-224222~2.png (1440x1311, 246K)

How do I stop being BONER?

Have sex, boner go way

Wow big gay, how am I supposed to maximize the stretch reflex if I can't descend faster than the speed at which the bar falls?

damn 5/3/1 sounds like a shitty program

Give me that good but meme program that you used to get strong when you were an intermediate.

If you have to ask that question, that means you haven't read the short blog that describes the program and how to modify accessory work.

Try harder.

5/3/1

There is no such thing as meme programs, only meme lifters

has anyone here tried infinite offseason program on kizen

>try harder
>reading and finding obscure shit
I thought this was lifting weights not studying research papers bro

>reading and finding obscure shit
BtM is only published on Wendler's blog. His blog is not obscure. It is literally the only location to learn about the program.

Everyone keeps bashing 531 for being slow progress but it somehow seems to be too much for me. First cycle at 90% max and it's easy (get a few extra reps on my AMRAPs). But one or two cycles later and I'm already struggling to hit my reps. What the fuck gives? I do squat/bench and DL/OHP, both twice a week. Each days is 531+FSL one lift and BBB second lift, so each lift gets hit twice weekly, with each format.

>tfw too dumb for 5/3/1
can someone explain how it works Im not reading a fucking book

Too much volume. You're not supposed to do FSL and BBB. You do one or the other.

Nice job fucking up the program

didnyoi injure yourself

Here grog:

>Use 85-90% of grog max
>Pick a lift
>Grog squat 3x5@65,75,85%. Last set grog squat as many moons as is smart.
>Take rocks off to first set weight.
>Grog squat 5x5
>Do accessory work for 3-5 sets of 10.
>Grog go home.
>Grog have sex
>Grog love life

so what I do 1 session of a given lift a week? 4 lifts a month? holy yikes bro... Im more of a volume chad myself..... whats the 3 times a week bench and at least 2 times a week squat program

>Volume
>Chad

Pick one

Do Sheiko, bro.

If you think that's what you need, makes no difference to us if you want to spend eternity struggling to make the leap to a 4pl8 squat because you can't find the secret formula of sets and reps you're looking for.

I unironically think that training 1 session a week per each lift will just make me weaker...
but i guess ill give it a shot
and how do I increase the weight? thats only week 1 for the other weeks....

Alright. I'll drop the FSL and go from there. Thanks!

>In my opinion, getting your squat and bench frequency to at least twice per week is going to be the minimum acceptable level. I personally prefer to see benching happening at least three times a week and even twice weekly pulling, but many people do just fine with benching twice a week and pulling only once. If you’re going to do 5/3/1 for powerlifting, make sure to use a variation where the frequency is increased.

fuck you nerds I was right!

And now a threadly, non-spamming, obviosly on-topic reminder for you unlifting user CHODEs to post body/lifts and get a trip. But only if you have at least one of
>A squat greater than 2.5x bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A CONVENTIONAL deadlift greater than 2.5x bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A bench press greater than 1.5x bodyweight AND 300 lbs
>A Standing The Press(ᵗᵐ) greater than 1x bodyweight AND 200 lbs
>A body fit won't think looks like shit (good fucking luck)

Otherwise, stop LARPing, stop giving "advice" like you have half a clue what you're talking about, stop posting altogether, bring your ass to the gym, and try harder.

Attached: hits joint.jpg (720x888, 165K)

LIST OF PLG APPROVED ACRONYMS/INITIALISMS (post, but don't spam, in every thread)

>GDE (Genetic Dead End)
Exercise low-responder. High injury rate, no sports background, weak willed.

>GAYS (Gay Aylien Skull)
Weak bone structure, mouth breather. Wastes time trying to be strong. Jewey faced and mad, but harmless.

>CUCC (Cuckold Uninjured Crying Canadian)
Identify as injured, without medical diagnosis. Trans-herniated. Purposely do self-destructive programs like PH3, Smolov, etc. They wanted an excuse to quit.

>VOLEM (Voluntary Evermediate)
Late beginner, early intermediate. Panics when the bar gets heavy. Program hops, works on technique, or sabotages recovery as an excuse to not progress.

>BONER (Bench Only No Effort Retard)
Wants to have the admiration and ego of someone who lifts, but doesn't want to get the squat or deadlift of someone who actually lifts. Copes with a combination of bench press and autism.

>CHODE (Communist Homo Of Dick Eating)
Angry, godless little postmodernists who secretly loathe strong, masculine men who won't fuck their boybutt. Some transition into ugly rat faced pedos, others defend said CHODES. Also known as PHAGs (Projecting Homo Ass Goblins)

>TCHAD (Tries Consistently Hard All Day)
The Isleys, MAs, and other guys with average genes who actually like competing and getting stronger.

>UFO (Under Fed Organism)
Adult human male weighing less than 200 lbs. Throw food at them until the problem is remedied.

>user (Anonymous Nard Obtusely Nattering)
A noodlebuilt little wuss of a human. Hobbies include LARPing as someone who actually lifts and not posting body/lifts. Can be safely disregarded in all matters.

>SUMO (SUbhuman MOron)
Too stupid and/or genetically deficient to just bend over and pick something up. Copes through a combination of clowning half reps and eating butt.

>Squat Deadlift should be the new powerlifting.

Fixed. A man's entire existence is defined by his lower body and trunk strength. The upper body exists merely to transfer lower body force into an object, as is done in the squat and deadlift. Upper body lifts are for coping weaklings.

Nobody should be standing behind a fucking squat. All that does is get two people killed. Either use side spotters ONLY, use safeties like they do with bench press, or both. But the pebbleheads running powerlifting competitions are far too up their own ass to do sensible shit like that.

You're either a UFO or GDE. Possibly both.

OHP is the real man's choice

Do you ever measure your hearth rate while working out?
While doing heavy sets squat and dead-lifts i cant get over 120 bpm
My normal hearth rate is like 60-70 bmp
Dont know if jumpropes helped that, i do that before every workout, like 300/400 jumps, ultra fast

wrong thread

Why is that?

because in powerlifting we dont OHP

Also wrong thread pal

Strengthlifting will take over the world one day

We strengthlifting general now

The same people complaining about arch in bench press want to swap it with OHP. Where you can arch just as badly. Lmao.

I did a hard cut for 4 months and lost 35 lbs and a lot of strength. I'd like to build some volume back in, maintain my conditioning, and improve some form issues that have creeped in as I raised intensity over the cut. Looking for suggestions/feedback on the following 5/3/1 BBB/TM template:
Day 1:
Press-5/3/1 + FSL 3x5
Bench- 5x10 @ 50% or 5x5 @ 80%
Chins- BW 3x8 adding reps
DB Row

Day 2:
DL- 5/3/1 + Jokers (Don't do well on a ton of DL volume)
Squat- 5x10@ 50% or 5x5 @ 80%
Abs
Neck
Shrugs

Day 3
Bench- 5/3/1 + FSL
Press- 5x10 @ 50% or 5x5 @ 80%
Chins- 5x3 adding weight week over week
Dips- 3x5 adding weight week over week

Day 4
Squat- 5/3/1 + FSL
Pause DL- 3x5 @ 70%
Abs
Neck
Traps

I'm torn between building some muscle as I'm pretty twiggy at 6'5" and 210, or building my strength back up with the lower volume higher intensity 5x5s. Anyone run anything similar and have feedback?

That doesn't reduce rom though and gripping wider isn't beneficial either

>strengtifting
Lmao

Wrong thread buds, powerlifting is booming

Seething benchlet. Your OHP is just as shit as your bench.

I'm genuinely considering going into strengthlifting. Powerlifting is a joke right now. Fat guys that try to maximise their lifts by reducing the ROM to a few inches and wearing 8 layers of ply. It's not even bench vs press, it's simply that the powerlifting federations are retarded and strengthlifting is at least better regulated.

Then fuck off.

Attached: file.png (719x475, 343K)

You can't even bench half that full rom.

Bench shirt
Belt
Wrist straps
Ammonia
Wood block
Roids
Squat suit
Creatine

Impressed.jpg

Attached: file.png (720x479, 564K)

Deflection. Cope harder shit lord.

Excreting Norman khan