Can you get fit by just swimming?

I cant join a gym for the next 2 months and I have free time and the beach 1 minute from home.

How many time should I swim a day? What should I eat? Right now im normal skinny, i eat a normal amount but i have skinny metabolism.

I also have access to a bike so maybe i can alternate biking and swimming.

Attached: 3B1.jpg (960x960, 84K)

You wanna build muscle or just lose more fat?
Do bodyweight excersices, do calisthenia.

Be a chad and do full triathlon

I wanna build muscle. Are exercises in pic better than swimming for that?

Attached: Screenshot_20190603-005710_Omnichan.jpg (1392x1198, 270K)

I thought running was just for losing weight, is it important in order to build muscle?

bump

you will become auschwitz mode from this.

Abso-fucking-lutely not.
t. swam 13 years, 6 at state champ level
Swimming does FUCK ALL for muscle mass.
Phelps, at his first Olympics was said to be one of the weakest Olympians one of the trainers had ever seen.
He did weight raining before that 2nd Olympic pic in the OP.

based

I have always heard the term 'swimmer body' and swimmers often have good fit bodies. I dont think its so bad as you say

Your muscles won't show if your body fat percentage is too high

Swimers get most of their muscles from a gym. They spend most of their time in water working on technique

Don't do this, all my hair fell off

Michael Phelps was doing 1-2 hours of weight training every day when he was at his peak.

The "swimmers' bodies" you are thinking of is thin high school and college students that have swam competitively for years. Like brutal training schedules, with intense swims 4-5 days per week, starting from like age 10. And most of them still lift weights on the side.

You are not going to look anything like Phelps or other attractive swimmers from your half assed swims at your gym 3x weekly.

If you want to look good, lift weights. Seriously, just fucking lift weights. Swim if you want, but realize it's not going to make you look the way you want.

Attached: thrall.png (1170x593, 980K)

This. I was a lifeguard for a huge aquatic center last summer and those kids were sometimes in there at 5 am, and they would be in there for at least 2 hours. There were kids at the pool all day and they trained hard. Even so they were still skinny dyel, but they were damn fast in the water.

Fuckin gay men will give you more muscles user

Michael Phelps also eats like 15kcals a day, pretty easy to build muscle when you're working out 5 hours a day with that nutrition regimen...

Nice

based

My physio told me to correct lordosis and hyperkyphosis I should swim and not try to lift weights.

I think it's pretty good for correcting posture. Then you can pass on to weight

No. Phelps is chad with elite genetics on steroids + swimming like 8 hours a day and probably weightlifting

You'll just look like a skinnyfat. Take a look at the local pool lol. You don't need to look good to be a decent swimmer.