Fat Family

I love being around my family members but it is difficult seeing them getting more and more unhealthy and obese every year. It is especially noticable during the holidays. They will all look more swollen than the year before and proceed to pile up their plates as high as they can, not giving a damn what they are eating or how much of it. I try to teach them about the virtues of getting regular exercise, going to the gym, and eating a healthy diet like I do, but they are immediately dismissive, making excuses why they can't exercise and how they lack motivation or thinking "It's too late for me, user". Of course while making these excuses they will continue to eat fast food at every opportunity. Some of them are so unhealthy they can barely even walk like normal and have to stop and take a nap after meals and during the day. I know that if they keep following this lifestyle that they will end up in a wheelchair or dead from a heart attack, and it's such a sad and pitiful thing knowing they brought this on themselves because they refuse to change. What can be done in this situation?

tl;dr: How do you cope with being the only member of your family who isn't overweight?

Pic is a generic Google family to give you an idea of what I'm dealing with.

Attached: bigbellies.jpg (620x435, 132K)

I'm dealing with the same thing. No one in my family gives a fuk about diet or exercise except me and my mom. My brother blew up like a balloon after he left the airforce. I guess he only stayed in shape so he could pass the pt test. Last Christmas I went on a bike ride with him, except i didn't have a bike, i was just running along side him. He had a 12 speed mountain bike. I was constantly stopping so his out of breath ass could catch up with me. It was honestly embarrassing to even be related to him.

Unfortunately people have to want the change for themselves. No amount of pushing will work until they get a wake up call. And sadly those wake up calls often come too late in the form of a health scare or death. The best you can do is be extremely healthy and look happy and fit around them. Bring healthy dishes when you visit that also taste good, and maybe also invite them for fit activities, like going for a walk with you, going rock climbing, going to theme parks or festivals that involve walking, etc and tell them that you're proud of them for doing it.

You can't save them. Let them live their own lives. If they choose to destroy their bodies in the process then so be it.

This, except if something bad happens you should definitely laugh at them and tell them it's their fault

I did this to my dad after he got cancer from smoking. Got kicked out and spent 3 years being homeless but totally worth it.

holy shit
>outrunning a biker
mogged

Based

Attached: topkek.gif (245x180, 1.6M)

>Unfortunately people have to want the change for themselves. No amount of pushing will work until they get a wake up call. And sadly those wake up calls often come too late in the form of a health scare or death.
Truth
>The best you can do is be extremely healthy and look happy and fit around them. Bring healthy dishes when you visit that also taste good, and maybe also invite them for fit activities, like going for a walk with you, going rock climbing, going to theme parks or festivals that involve walking, etc and tell them that you're proud of them for doing it.
Realistically this is probably not going to happen though, no matter how hard you try to help and coax.

Attached: 1518138851296.png (723x629, 158K)

The issue with this. Is that they CONSTANTLY GO TO THE DOCTOR. Driving up health care and missing time from work. Also they normally will produce fat offspring and the cycle continues.

same, you literally cannot help them. the change has to come from within, you can't force or share your willpower with other people.

My fatass family literally thinks I'm starving and dont eat anything, and whenever we're having a family barbecue they're always shocked when I eat shitloads for the gains, and say shit to me like "where does it all go?" and they've even accused me of been on drugs before just because I'm not a lardass. Gee, I wonder if it could be that I live an active lifestyle and dont eat junk food or drink soda

I spent a long time trying to explain this to them, that I'm lean because I have a good diet and I exercise but I could never get through to them, so now I just brush off any comments about my weight and say I have fast metabolism

I cannot express a more painful life moment than this, it's only me and my gf now that care. Although my family motivate me in what I do I'm still watching them kill themselves

>My fatass family literally thinks I'm starving and dont eat anything,
lmao sounds like my mom... I can down a 1000 calorie meal but just because it's rice and chicken she thinks it's not enough because Chinese people eat rice all the time but they're skinny lol...

/thread

I literally make fun of my family for being fat. I was able to drop 60 pounds in a little over a year, my mom has been trying for years and constantly rubber bands.

My sister was talking about how she wanted to start dating and I told her she couldn't and she said why not so I just looked her fat body up and down and laughed and she cried for 3 hours straight and stopped talking to me.

Attached: 1558894470867.png (477x640, 237K)

Just accept that that's the life they chose. I gave up long ago. I just ignore them now, food wise I mean. I have a good relationship with my family but I just don't talk about diet and exercise to them.

based and utterly redpilled

Positive reinforcement is the best way to go. People reject direct criticism, but they'll seek rewards if they like it.

I had a roommate come to me after worrying about his weight gain and ask
>"user, do you have any healthy food"
to which I said
"like what?"
and he said
"Like, just food to be healthy."

these people literally need to be shown the most fundamental basics of health and they aren't in the mood to learn.