Memes aside is this an okay gym to get started...

memes aside is this an okay gym to get started? this gym is really close to my house and im broke to drive 20+ miles to a decent gyms

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

muscleandstrength.com/workouts/4-day-upper-lower-planet-fitness-workout
journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/2010/01001/A_Comparison_Of_Muscle_Activation_Between_A_Smith.143.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah. I still go there at 1/2/3/3.85.
Open 24 hours and cheap. Plus if you want a gf, girls there can be generally cute. Don't be surprised if you see some weird stuff though.

yes lol. some are strict with the dumb shit like the alarm but mine is super chill the staff literally doesnt give a fuck about any of the gay 'rules'.

share weird stuff stories.

Its pretty shit honestly. I go there and plan on changing soon.
Bitch you full of shit, where do you plan on deadlifting and squatting?

How do you talk to girls at the gym? I'd be so nervous

Is it true that they only have Smith machines? Cause that's kinda bad

yeah they vary by location but none of them have barbells

I've blocked them out honestly. Sorry man.

The gym? PF does have smith machines. Granted I like freeweights probably just as much as the next guy but I go in and hammer out 3 pl8+ squats and DLs quite often in there. Nobody ever yells at me or anything.

No leg press from what I saw either. Think they had like one cable machine

not him but

>old man using row machine, lowest weight
>pulling as hard as he can, slamming the weights at the top then letting go and having them fall

>local schizo that talks about wrestling to anyone near him

>lady wearing hospital gloves
>stands at the paper towel machine and press the handle literally 30+ times
>folds the trail of paper towels up and wipes down the entire machine top to bottom before starting

>the pizza bandit
>see him every pizza day for months now
>sometimes uses treadmill
>hasnt lost any weight

How and where are you deadlifting ?

Dls? How?

You literally just do it. It has to be genuine. Like hey, I saw you doing this and I was wondering what this movement does blah blah blah. Depends on what your goal is though.

If you think she's cute just maybe ask if she has hobbies outside of the gym and maybe you guys can do said hobbies together sometime. After a while and you're sure you like each other. Start calling these hangouts dates. Don't be a simp and never fear rejection. Cheers man

Smith machine guys. How else lol

so a fat man in his 50s in full denim tuxedo just whatching chicks do squats.

Thanks bro

No barbells = no go. You need to do real compounds not angled Smith bullshit

>at my PF it is free for all 15-17 year olds to lift
>all this jail bait working out in skimpy clothing
>get asked to spot one squatting
>pretend that I don’t speak English and walk away

Prob smart to do. Planet fitness has been known to hire local drama students to pose as young people to trick men to spot them. Then after being caught helping they get their pizza and ranch card taken away.

Might try sometime. Thanks

>'Hi! Could you help me out this set?'
>'n-no habla ingles'

>Smith machine
>DL
Fucking stop user that's so gross

Nice. Theres this cute young girl I want.
Heh almost Im 33
Dammit change of plans

Look man it is what it is. I'm in a semi rural area and I can generally work long/weird hours. Plus I don't recall seeing anyone squat or DL 3 pl8s in that gym other than myself. Gotta do what ya gotta do mang.

Crossing paths multiple times without coming off as creepy is the best way for someone without pickup skills to start a conversation. Minor interactions like allowing her to work in a set while you're using the machine creates familiarity and lowers her guard. Provided of course you're not being creepy and staring at her. Repeated casual interactions naturally lead to deeper interactions.

You also dont squat or dl 3 pl8s because youre using a smith machine. Please stop

Pretty much, except I properly conjugated hablar

What is the cheapest gym that does have barbells? I have access to my university gym but it only has bullshit machines

Attached: 1562769359558-g.jpg (2736x3648, 1.96M)

Went once because traveling. Never again

Attached: C8AE947F-97AE-47CA-8548-AD79B64E2FE2.png (750x1334, 1.37M)

You aren’t squatting or deadlifting 3pl8 if you use a smith machine. I’m sorry man the sooner you accept it the better so you can improve

I went to a gym called blink, was only 15 a month and had free weights

Moving soon. Do they have barbells? Also in which city may I ask?

I go to 10gym. It’s 10 bucks a month with barbells free weights everything.

Was in New York, they had barbells. It might be on the west coast too

>hear new gym is opening right next to my apartment
>get a little excited because my gym is 15 minutes away
>it's a fucking planet fitness of course

Why with this fucking gym. I go to the gym to get strong, that's what it's for. PF doesn't get that.

The normie fitness market is big.

Yep

WHERE THE FUCK DO I GO THEN? i dont want to travel far on my shitty car to an overcrowded gym that fucks with my anxiety. [spoiler] i just want this to be over

The one by my house literally does not have barbells so it was never an option for me. I assumed that's how they all were but if yours actually has the equipment you need then go for it.

Based

A new Planet Fitness opened up in my town. The first review for it was from someone complaining that there are too many gyms in town. Five is too many. Thought it might be someone from a competing gym throwing shade but they also went off about people focusing too much on their appearance so probably was a bitter fatty scared some of their fat friends will get less fat than them.

Good good. I’m moving back to Brooklyn.

>smith machine

Attached: 1428243046599.png (600x610, 565K)

PF is actually a decent starter gym but they kick you out once you get swole for being too "aggressive" and "intimidating" to other gym members. Keeping the bar low is good for business, so they make up some bullshit excuse.

Some are, some aren't. it's a 50/50 shot of whether you get a decent gym or a pussy cardiobunny play pen with lunk alarms.

Check it out first, if it has free weights and an oly bar you should be fine.

Friend. If you live near a public recreation center, go there instead

Attached: 1368307832671.jpg (309x453, 57K)

My PF has a pizza bandit as well

>Only comes in once a month for pizza day
>Weighs at least 300 pounds, probably more
>Wears the same pair of overalls
>Comes with his very skinny mother
>Gets a plate full of pizza and then leaves

I genuinely feel bad for the guy

imagine claiming you're at 1/2/3/4 and use machines

I really hope some of our incel friends on Jow Forums take this advice to heart. It isn't as hard as you think it is bros.

I use this approach in general if you run into the same girl often. It has never failed.

yeah it's better than literally not going to a gym at all, obviously
still not an 'okay gym to get started' if better gyms are available but you work with what you can

just never, ever get complacent

>be bulking
>go to PF on pizza/bagel day
>10$ a month for 2 buffets
>they cant stop me
>based

pretty decent. Only this that sucks is no deadlift/bumper plates, but desu deadlifts are whatever you can build a pretty great back without that exercise. One thing thatll hurt you is no squat racks. I know some have them and some dont so its a coin flip.

apart from that its hella cheap which is good. Also dont worry about the legs meme there are plenty of exercise that supplement squats

Honestly it's a decent starting gym. But after you improve it's time to move on to an actual gym.

I feel that. I want to get good enough to just ask girls out at uni. I feel like its better not to beat about the bush though and to just say "hey I think you're cute, do you wanna hang out some time?" or "Id like to get to know you". Its just fear of rejection stopping me

You shouldn't be doing those anyways

Attached: tumblr_mzk1ct9Rs81qgi2y2o1_1280.jpg (792x1140, 284K)

>squatting on a smith machine
Yeah, you really are a retard

40$ a year fee can tho

if you can afford a decent power tower and a jump rope i would recommend that instead. planet fitness is only useful for cardio and if you want to make use of the massage beds.
if all fails you can also use the jump rope to hang yourself from the power tower

Sadly, I’ve done this before to get out of uncomfortable situations, luckily not at the gym....yet.
Only I use French because I don’t look like somebody who would speak Spanish.

This is the best way, has unironically worked for me for 8+ years

>tfw one of these is opening up in my city
Give me one reason why I should sign up Jow Forums

This, girls tend to go to these shitty gyms since they're cheaper.

mine has leg press. plenty of cable machines.

PF seems like the place to be for everyone. I've been going about 8 months now. you still see all the typical gym tropes here. I would think more dudes would try to come here to be the buffest dude at the casual gym. Which there are a lot of dudes like that here already. plenty of gym thots too and the place isnt that big so they get plenty of attention im sure.

I've been going for almost 6 months and it's been pretty solid. Just do dumbbell lifts.

It sucks not being able to do a proper leg day due to no squat racks and no way to deadlift but I can still have my legs sore for close to a week off leg press and the smith machines + lunges.

You just have to be kinda creative for planet fitness to work sometimes. Like that PF 360 thing is perfect for a chest workout because of the angling of the cable machines in the back corner. Go back there after my DB presses and 30-45 minutes later emerge with the pecs of a god and drenched in sweat.

Incel faggots please listen to this user. This is exactly how I got the qt receptionist's number. Took a while but it was low pressure and she was the one sending signals until I asked her if she wanted to hang out.

Just look at it this way, user: it will attract the normies and DYELs in your area who currently get in the way at your usual gym.

it's been really great for me honestly. The normies are usually all using cardio so weights/smith machines rarely have waiting times.

I do go quite early though. Also following this routine right now: muscleandstrength.com/workouts/4-day-upper-lower-planet-fitness-workout

Close to where I live, convenient, lots of attractive women, affordable, and that coupled with me following a routine for once is really helping my mental health.

>Thank you for reading my blog

Pussy hasn't even lit that cigarette.

>$40/year fee
>2 pizza days per month -> 24 days/year
>$1.66 for all you can eat pizza buffet

Pretty cheap desu

only 1 pizza day a month where I'm at

I'd rather see you spend the membership money on some dumb bells and work out at home than go to this place...

at mine smith machines are always busy. especially on days where like 2 old dudes stay on them for like 2 hours doing chest workouts for forever.

Better than nothing but understand that this place exists for 4 types of people:
>fatties who want to pretend to try but really just want to eat the pizza
>people who travel and can't afford to get a gym membership in every city they visit but are still trying
>cardio bunnies
>homeless people who appreciate a place to shower and the free food

Pizza day is a test. I can so after going for almost a year ive never eaten any. I have had a tootsie roll or 2 tho as I shoot the shit with the front desk. I feel like no one has mentioned that PF also has unlimited tootsie rolls at all times.

Do you still need to give them your banking account? I find it dumb that you need a banking account to sign up there. Unless it's with all Gyms.

Attached: 010.png (374x376, 221K)

The smith machines are worthless, but you can probably do a dumbbell/cable routine in there. But I think the dumbbells only go up to like 70 so after a while you'll need to switch

Get a cheap rack/bar/weights off Amazon or craigslist sbd lift in your home.

a quick glance for smith machine studies and I came across this journal's studies. journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/2010/01001/A_Comparison_Of_Muscle_Activation_Between_A_Smith.143.aspx

By the studies it seems like smith machines seem fine to use. Why all the hate? The study mentions that free weight bench uses more of of deltoids, but besides that muscle activation is similar between the two.

Conversation is a path. You can traverse different directions and even lead or be led in it. Helps to have a goal though instead of "gee what do i feel about saying now". That's lazy talking and a pretty low way of conversing.

Pretty sure you do. It goes on an autocharge so I wanna say yeah. That's how they get people to stay signed up even though they hardly go.

Smith machines can sometimes be assisted and don't work stabilizers as much.

Most people seem to hate them because of this and it justifies their own self righteousness aka makes them feel better about themselves. Free weights is obviously the way to go but a smith machine really isn't all too terrible.

I've met plenty of dudes who would rather waste energy putting others down based on miniscule differences than spend that energy wisely and do something productive with it.

It's sin and a low form of thinking. Literal retards do it too so I think that's all that needs to be said about it.

Like said, main problem is the lack of stabilizer work. Smith machine (and any other machine really) is alright after doing regular free weight exercises to add more volume with less fatigue, but it's not good at making you stronger. Smith machine 3pl8 squat probably can't even squat 1.5pl8 on a barbell.

I wouldn't have a real problem with PF if it wasn't so fucking weird when you walk in.
>purple and yellow everywhere
>PF propoganda plastered everywhere you look
>fucking LUNK ALARM
It's like PF is what you get when you mix North Korea, chucky cheese, and 24h fitness all in one.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 72K)