Swimming for otter mode?

Hey Jow Forums!
Dyel here
I've been working out for almost 6 months now

>6 ft
>156 lbs
> 16% body fat according to my Omron scale

I want to add swimming to my routine on my quest for otter mode, but I have terrible form

Anyone have any tips or routines I can follow?

Attached: 1_275.jpg (620x414, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mastersswimworkoutsbysaramclarty.blogspot.com/
swimmingworldmagazine.com/swim-cgi/
swimmingworldmagazine.com/swim-cgi/show_workout.pl?pri_id=10000001138&work_cat=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pic related

Attached: 1563721754367.gif (795x720, 22K)

idk you just have to have someone coach you and critique your form.
I'm pretty sure there are adult swim teams/clubs that serve this purpose.
That being said, I don't think having bad swimming form will have negative effects other than looking like a retard.

Well what about routines?
Should I just freestyle it back and forth in my pool or should I try and do butterflies or something else?

Should I do 10 laps as fast as I can and rest for 3 sets or 30 laps at an okay pace

Swim to one side of the pool, do a flipparoo and kick off to go back to the original side. Repeat until tired.

I swim twice a week while lifting other days. Of course you can get ottermode easily.

For swimming i do 300 warm up 6 sets of 50meters every minute, then 300 whatever i feel like (pullboi,backstroke,butterfly) then 200 freestyle to end. Takes less than an hour and great workout.

Really recommend swimming the day after leg day, if your sore from it lifting really affects.

The pools I've been to have a routine library where they give you water proof cards with them. You can get them online too. Here... I searched "swim routines" on google: mastersswimworkoutsbysaramclarty.blogspot.com/

>have someone coach you and critique your form
This.
And when you start out, concentrate on an efficient stroke. Not beating the water to death as fast as you can. Count number of strokes it takes to do one pool length and work to minimize that. Once you get good, then you pick up speed.

Honestly, you won't see real swimming gains unless you join a club team and train 4 to 5 days a week for two hour sessions. Don't look at college and olympic swimmer physiques. You will never, ever get there. The workouts they do would make you have a mental breakdown.

Look up distance sets , sprinting sets and interval training .

swimmingworldmagazine.com/swim-cgi/

Here is a tool that can find workouts for you depending on your skill level or age.

Most adults swim Masters.

swimmingworldmagazine.com/swim-cgi/show_workout.pl?pri_id=10000001138&work_cat=2

Here is an example of a simple masters set

When i say most adults swim masters I mean most adults who swim consistently part of a club.

the lap swimmer , masters 1 or aquatic fitness routines will be probably what your looking for

boomer ex-swimfag reporting. Last training was:

400m warm up

Preset:
5x100m, 1-3-5 are IM, 2-4 free
400m pull
5x100m, 1-3-5 kick, 2-4 free

Main set:
2 x (3x200 progressive speed/50 ez... 6x50 25 all out 25 ez/50 ez)

2x800m 1 pull/1 pull+paddles

5400m

Good luck.

I'm 25 and have swam almost everyday for at least an hour for the last 4 months after not swimming since high school. I went from skinny fat to almost exactly like Michelangelo's David. I now get mires multiple times a week both on my body and with people being like "damn you swim fast". You definitely can achieve college athlete type ottermode pretty quick. I just started going and watching technique videos and getting routines from college programs although i do tone them down a bit. I also do at least 1 big compound lift before or after i swim and train with a trainer twice a week doing weird accessory work with machines, not the specific DOMS you can get from that really helps you feel specific muscles while you swim.

Attached: Gtcnnthinkingtheycanwinafightwiththe_7248eed181c62990039a9d6d45cafc07.png (285x325, 85K)

reported.

Attached: good_dog.jpg (480x600, 53K)

based immunity dog poster

Fuck off cunt

fag

AHH

Yeah absolutely, here's a quick hour workout I do between classes:

All freestyle

200m warmup

3 x 25m @ :30 interval(last one all-out sprint)

5 x 50m @ 1:00 interval(2nd and 5th all-out)

7 x 75m @ 1:30 interval(3rd and 7th all-out)

10 x 100m @ 2:00 interval(5th and 10th all-out sprint)

Warm down and feel like you've gotta throw up a bit

Don't try to re-invent the wheel, in anything in life really, there's no point,

Pay a coach whatever the going rate is, or look for classes at your YMCA, I'm relatively positive for under $200 you'll be a very competent swimmer.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

Nice and props

I can second this, when I was 17 I made a goal of 3 hours in the pool a day for 3 months, full retard... I know.

I didn't even fully properly swim laps for the full 3 hours, but I got I'd say maybe a month to a month and a half in... the results were absolutely INSANE, even given I didn't have the form or the cardio to properly swim laps, I was still a (relative to other non-competing 17 year olds) extremely fast swimmer so I would do bursts of 1-2 laps.

My chest must have doubled in size, this was a long time ago so I couldn't give you details or weights, but I definitely developed extremely fast

Stopped when I got mono and started almost drowning in the pool. Kept on pushing harder like fuck it, if you drown you drown. Realized something was definitely wrong with my health.