/fat/ Determination edition

For fat fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>Why hasn't my weight gone down for 3+ days?
If you're on a deficit, water weight. Plateaus can last up to 3 weeks.
>This is not QTDDTOT, use that thread for questions not about fat loss.
>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already but it covers the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, fancy starbucks shit. forget it
>be a retard

Attached: 1485652341942.png (723x752, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B071WSFSGC/ref=psdc_3408401_t1_B000VCDXNS
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1McAWnnomW8NGc5H_YEncKhoE4miuZ4ay29aukdHcbok/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

CONFESS

Attached: 1556185693413.png (1000x944, 503K)

No u

i gained like 10 pounds over a month and a half of bulking so im just gonna cut again and eat at a slight surplus next time

Attached: 1559574820149.png (298x300, 84K)

Ate 2 bowls of very fattening pasta and now I know don't know how much calories ive eaten. So now I'm doing a OMAD severely under my protein goal.

Looking for a cheap way to start some strength training at home. Are these a good option?

amazon.com/dp/B071WSFSGC/ref=psdc_3408401_t1_B000VCDXNS

Attached: 91QxtmB7tEL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1166, 216K)

I've lost 65 pounds since last year. I've started lifting and look better than I have in my entire life.
That being said
I went from having two beautiful girlfriends to being completely alone. My friend circle broke up and noone talks to one another anymore. I've never been so starved for human contact
I just... how did this happen? I thought being skinny would make people like me more

week 5 of the fatty contest has come to a close!
we averaged 1.58 lbs lost this time, making it our best week ever.
great work everyone, let's keep up the pace for next week.

this week's winners on absolute weight lost:
1st: Murdok - 6.9 lb
2nd: Brapper - 4.0 lb
3rd: PluralGoat - 3.9 lb

this week's winners on percentage weight lost:
1st: Murdok - 3.8%
2nd: CountNickula - 1.63%
3rd: Nagu - 1.58%

current lineup on points:
1st: KenloBorther - 66 points
2nd: Wewlad - 64 points
3rd: jimyeet - 53 points
4th: faustus - 51 points
5th: crono - 47 points

the following people didn't weigh in and are now on warning:
Fart Garfunkel
Snedecor
Fatbarth

and the following people have plunged into the terrifying depths of the HALL OF SHAME:
Colonel Gentleman
Svullo

i've got one free slot. it's first come, first served so if you want to join now is your chance.
check out the spreadsheet and the rules:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1McAWnnomW8NGc5H_YEncKhoE4miuZ4ay29aukdHcbok/edit?usp=sharing

Attached: 1496313969770t.png (850x900, 201K)

Had two hotdogs on potato rolls tonight for dinner, along with a bowl of coleslaw. The bread was so sweet and soft, but now I'm over limit by at least 100kcal.

Do i just enter shit in?

I want to join

Tittyburglar 165lbs 5'10 18yo goal of 150lbs

sorry i didn't get back quick enough, but you needed to post your details in the thread.
come back next week, there's going to be up to three slots.

added you, see you next week!

Doing this kind of thing is so dangerous. Weight loss is not a game. This can legit hurt people.

Had a terrifying binge Thursday but cut back Fri, Sat and Sun and did an extra day at the gym.

Weigh in is Monday morning, let's see if I've redeemed myself bros

Fuck yes. So glad I was able to be added. I'll be honest, I came to the thread to talk myself out of binging, getting into the contest is the best thing that could've happened

Kill yourself fatass, you'll never make it anyways, what the point in living a life of hell?

i got stressed out this weekend and well you know where it goes from here. i'm in some limbo of happiness for losing so much weight only to feel like i've thrown away the world if i binge and fall into despondency shortly afterwards, there has to be a way i can deal with stress that isnt fucking food.

What you are doing is super dangerous. Do not make weight loss into a game as you will set yourself up for failure. You have been warned.

Those should work fine. Maybe also look for a set of 5, 10, and 15s for just starting out. Adjustable is definitely useful but also being able to grab free weights without having to unscrew the adjustable plates, add the new weight, and then continue is a pain the ass if you are trying to superset or have to change weights between sets.

>Losing weight is dangerous
Go back to Tumblr fat fuck. I have a goal I want to reach and then I will stop. I have more willpower and discipline than an anorexic 14yo girl

realized today that I wont be any happier living comfortably and indulging, so might as well start working out and lose some weight if that gives me some purpose. I have lost like 25kg a few years back but gained 15-20kg back. I installed MFP as it worked for me last time and have done actually quite a bit of jogging and biking in the last weeks, though my endurance is still shit.

Attached: memerson.jpg (750x572, 188K)

You are just going to gain it back again. It doesn't matter, bro, just live. With the way you think, yo-yoing is a very possible possibility, and that is not good. Try just eating at maintenance or a little higher for a bit to adjust.

The way you are doing it is. You talk like you are so on the ball, that nothing can stop you, but the truth is you are fat, and you are not figuring out how you got there in the first place. Ive seen so many posts like yours before, and they always end is failure and disappointment. So yes, what you are doing is dangerous.

Okay, I'll bite. In what way is posting your weight once a week on an anonymous imageboard dangerous?

>Just need to lose 15lbs to look good
>Every possible obstacle is getting in my way

Attached: 1512559461451.png (680x553, 156K)

What are some of the obstacles?

Yeah, but if you can buy a set that can go up to 100 lbs per dumbbell. It'll be more expensive down the line to buy more 10 lbs weights. Also, buy a pull-up bar and some bands to do assisted pull-ups.

>Coworkers keep buying donuts and pizza and shit
>Parents keep purchasing junkfood and tempting me with it

Things like that, I've been trying to resist but it's getting increasingly hard maybe my calorie goal is too low, I am trying to eat 1500cals at 5'11 190lbs and I'm lifting and doing cardio but starting to feel exhausted

I drink A LOT of Coke Zero

Attached: wuss poppin.jpg (640x570, 30K)

My dad is fast approaching 70. I've been able to regulate my diet to the point of losing 80 lbs but need calisthenics to keep going lower myself being 20.

What can get my dad to lose a fuckton of weight? How to get his energy up through the roof. The doc keeps saying lose weight.
He finally seems interested in weight lose and I tell him to eat better and less. What else can he do?

Im and I lost 2 inches of my waist line by keeping it at 1600 and eating 1800. Just convert some of your run time or cut more by doing some calisthenics.

You can easily do 100-300 push ups, sit ups, and mountain climbers each and it is worth it

>take waist/neck measurements
>plug into navy calc
>14%
>still feel like a fat fuck
does it ever end bros, abs are starting to peek through but i still feel like a lardass and want to cut even harder

Attached: 1558066738068.jpg (1252x1252, 111K)

This is stupid and bad advice. Do not listen to the bait.

Eat less and better is good, also have him do light walks every day. May look into the Barbell Training Over 40 book if he wants to lift weights as old guy. Never too late.

I was in a similar position to you. Pretty much identical actually.

My only advice is to recognize that the food at work is them just trying to make you fat and dependent on that employment so they can turn you into a sedentary tub or lard who can't afford to leave or else you'll lose your insurance benefits. Resist that shit user. Resist and let your co-workers become fat while you stay true to the path.

As for parents, honestly just insist on eating healthy. The more stubborn you are the less they will be buying you shit. I did the same thing. They would be eating like shit getting fast food every week and I just insisted on eating clean. Pretty soon tehy got the message and just started cooking healthy stuff for me (while still eating unhealthy, unfortunately. It's tough to change family)

Oh thank God. That's what I ask him to do already. Thanks m8

Apple?

How much progress should I be doing one month from now? I'm doing IF, lifting 3 days per week and doing 30 min of cardio the rest of the days except on sunday.

Attached: GONNAMAKEIT.png (418x534, 58K)

Thanks I've been trying my best to resist. My coworkers are quite fat btw, literally had one female coworker tell me for months about how she will "start" working out soon (to them I'm in good shape but I know i'm pretty fat rn)

Do you think it would be more adhereable if I was on a smaller deficit?

Glad to have you back, user. Remember, you can't outtrain a bad diet, so throw in a small caloric deficit (500 is a great target) for even better results. Get a food scale, if you can. It's invaluable for keeping track of macros. Be precise and consistent, and you're gonna make it!

I think you can do it. What obstacles are in your way, user?

Attached: kaosucheer.jpg (1070x1338, 113K)

I might just get a gym membership once I feel I've outgrown those and the walking treadmill I've been using. I'm kinda limited on space as it is so I don't have room for much more than a bench.

How are you fucking up? Are you bingeing or something? Because if that's the case maybe the deficit is too restrictive.

Unironically NGMI. Sorry lad

That navy calc is so wildly inaccurate. You are NOT 14%, I assure you.

cut till you are happy, if you want ab veins then give'r bud, but seriously do youy like how you are looking WITH a pump? if no, then yeha keep cutting

Attached: 3568_701970976510279_1245250680_n.jpg (247x204, 10K)

>8 hours away from finishing my 72 hour fast
>Matt Stonie releases a new video

Attached: 1552877310688.png (1599x1222, 1M)

Get on that elliptical fat fucks. Don't just be on a calorie deficit and sitting around. Also eat protein.

i think i look alright with a pump, not huge but definitely better. is probably right though there's no way that i am 14% bf

>watching food videos during a fast
Come on man, stop.

I'm feeling pretty exhausted often and my strength and energy in the gym varies greatly from workout to workout, so I use that as a justification to "cheat".

The routine I'm doing has me doing a certain rep max on main compound lifts and some days I can barely muster the strength to hit a weight I easily did last week

Had a great salad for dinner, as well as drinking a lot of water. We're all gonna make it, even if it takes you a bit more time. I feel great right now.

Attached: 1553128839622.jpg (603x600, 50K)

If the problem is impulse control, have frequent low-cal high-protein meals through the day so you get ahead of your hunger and cravings. I find a great snack is a serving of Greek yogurt with half a protein scoop and 100g strawberries. 200kcal and 30g protein, and feels like a dessert.

If you want to be polite, you can accept tiny pieces and insist that you either ate earlier or that you're just not that hungry.

Attached: kaosudonut.jpg (943x627, 91K)

I think you have to make one of 2 choices.

1. If you're gonna cut, CUT. Go balls to the wall and don't give a shit about the numbers you have to "make" during your lifting days, after all it's just a number and totally meaningless if you are looking like dogshit. Your main objective during a cut should be to survive your current lifts as best as possible but if you have to DL then do it. To reiterate if you're gonna cut, then cut. Fuck the numbers of how much you gotta lift.

2. Try to cut at less significant of a deficit to the point where you can complete your workouts. This will take you longer but if you are having issues with cheating maybe taking a more moderate calorie deficit while maintaining your workouts will be ideal. Maybe try to find a calorie deficit where you can maintain your lifting schedule, lose weight, but resist cheating binges.

Post body

I'll try that, for a long time I've just been doing some weird form of intermittent fasting where I eat twice a day but large meals

Well I can complete the workouts I just of course want to maintain as much muscle as possible and my thinking is that if my strength is the same = muscle is the same too. The fluctuations scare me but I guess that's just part of it

We're all gonna make it lads

Attached: gfb.jpg (500x521, 54K)

Is it normal for me to only shit once every three days or so on a 1500 calorie diet? Should I consider a fiber supplement? I generally get 30-35g a day through my meals.

yes
you're fine bud

How do your lifts look /fat/? I've been losing weight for a while and its discouraging to see how quickly people progress in lifts while I move slowly or not at all
DL: 290
Squat:215
Bench:185
OHP:130

We're all gonna make it.

Attached: kaosunyaosu2.jpg (688x629, 41K)

Chances are what you're eating at that low calorie count is nearly 100% digestible. I'm that situation you'll shit less frequently than your used to.

It's normal to stall or lose progress on lifts while cutting. I went down from a 180 squat to a 155 squat, so I think your numbers are pretty impressive. No matter what, you're making gains over what you would have if you hadn't lifted while cutting.

Attached: kaosurun.jpg (340x482, 18K)

105 OHP/170 bench/225 squat/270 DL
Been losing weight and going to the gym since october last year but not consistently, skipped sometimes 2 weeks at a time because of school. Anyways I would imagine as soon as you start to up the food you eat that you will beging to see much faster progress on your lifts. Keep going user we're all gonna make it

Just posted this in another thread but I feel like it would be good motivation
>130kg/183cm fatty
>in a long distance relationship
>see each other every 2~3 months cause we live really far from each other and we're both really busy
>three months ago have sex with her for the first time
>it was good for both of us but I couldn't help but to feel kinda shitty cause I got super tired and out of breath, core/legs hurting like hell the day after and such
>start going to the gym
>calorie deficit
>tons of HIIT for endurance
>lose 20kg
>she comes to my house on an extended holiday
>go at it so hard she can't even get up from bed after we're done
>we end up cuddling and she says without opening her eyes "if you keep going to the gym like this you might end up killing me, user"
I'm obviously not nearly done, but this week I'm gonna hit the gym even harder for my next visit

Attached: 1529499018784.gif (247x338, 2.34M)

thanks bros

Ate too much.
Somebody stole my bike. I'm a little depressed.

This just makes me sad that my past attempts at relationships never worked out.
Thanks for the "motivation".

Attached: 1548369343218.png (1920x800, 751K)

KILL HER. FUCK HER TO DEATH.

Everybody look at this user and realize that he is our bright future. We are ALL gonna make it.

Attached: kaosufit.jpg (542x857, 35K)

>tfw 150kg fatty
>penis doesn't even get erect anymore
haha, since you're fucking your gf, you're saying that being fat wasn't even the reason I can't get erect? that's so funny, maybe I should just go and kill myself after all hehehe

no, just an imitator

Been trying to slim down lately after an accidental 60lb bulk from 180 to 240. My family made fun of me for being fat all summer. I decide to drop my daily chocolate milk,stop eating desserts and eat way less overall. My father comes in today and brings this entire chocolate cake while I'm eating lunch. I go to the store and I see buckets of ice cream and cookie dough on the shelves. I'm never gonna make it

Yes, you can! Stick to lean meats and veggies, eat small meals frequently to get ahead of your cravings, track your foods, and if you want, have a little treat once in a while. Stick to your macro targets, and you WILL make it!

Attached: kaosudetermined.jpg (1437x1009, 148K)

fatbarth here
fuck got caught so much into work, whatever
anyways scale says 259

based haha poster

I've lost ~30 lbs before but gained it back because I didn't get laid and lost my motivation. What if that happens again and this is all in vain?

this guy is right. look up the formula and calculate it yourself. the formula should be in the OP instead of that shit.

Attached: adolescent hutt.jpg (634x746, 73K)

Then you get back on the train and make it even further than last time. Never give up.

Attached: powerrrr.jpg (925x719, 115K)

nice work, you brought our average up to 1.63 lb. i've taken you off warning but no points this week.

>236.8 lbs
>43 inches at belly button (don't know what to call it)
>arms are pretty muscular though
wat do Jow Forums?

Attached: Capture.png (362x365, 245K)

stop eating

That one gives me 16% which still doesn't seem right.

Get a food scale, measure your food, try to get a 500kcal daily deficit and at least 1g protein per pound of bodyweight per day.

Attached: hanging.jpg (451x593, 71K)

I think the sticky actually says 1 gram per pound of goal body weight

>500 kcals
>236 grams of protein
user what the fuck am i supposed to eat

It does. I aim for 1g per pound of current body weight so that I have a buffer zone on my protein goal.

Just eat less while eating as much protein as you can, you dont need that much protein

Anyone else notice when you make progress and lose weight fat women get so angry?

This fat bitch at work told me "Wow I wish i could lose weight that fast but it's way harder for women. You're so lucky"

Where in the fuck can I buy barley? I love barley soup but can't find it by itself anywhere.

they sell it at holland & barrett in my country, which is basically a generic health food store

I went from 400lb to 330lb and literally nobody noticed at my job. Switched jobs and went from 330lb to 270 and nobody noticed. The only people who notice are family members I don't see regularly.

What do your exercise routines look like bros? Trying to drop 30lbs and retain as much muscle as possible.

How does one find a gym partner? I've been doing bodyweight stuff and use my friend's "bowflex" looking thing when we hang out but I have no other friends and he's too cheap/redneck to pay for a gym membership. I can't do it alone. :/

improbable tbph, you cant eat at a deficit and heal effectively, thats not how this shit works

In her life, from her point of view, you have the role of being a fattie. If you improve yourself, you're advancing in life while she's stagnant and that makes her feel bad for her own incompetence.

edit, unless you are going for a long term very mild deficit over a period of many many many months

Attached: 3_724.jpg (800x533, 93K)

Does eating a keto diet at maintenance calories per day of TDEE have any effect?

Anyon here swim? I hear swimming is pretty good for losing fat, and when I was young I liked swimming. But now I'm too embarrassed to be almost naked in front of fit people to swim.

You won't lose weight but you may feel like you have more energy. Depends on your body though, I think.

it's great for fatties as it's low impact. just go for it. making yourself do it that first time is the worst part, you'll stop caring much pretty quick.

Who is this?

Anyone use a fitbit? Is it worth it?