/QTDDTOT/

What is your opinion on the 100 push ups a day challenge?
Will it make me get bigger pecs/triceps?
Should I go with lower weights on pec day if I'm doing it?

Attached: 1560984484147.jpg (960x960, 155K)

Gee i wonder, its really hard to guess whether 100 reps of bodyweight exercise for a year will make u stronger, HMMMM I really wonder.

I'm 74", 189lbs, 22m. I don't like the gut that's been forming on my body these last few weeks. Should I do a one to three day water fast to see what my body looks like or should I eat slightly below maintenance and do high-intensity cardio like biking and rowing for the next month?

>Push ups

Might as well as be lifting that food stamp meal into your mouth, seeing as you can't afford to go to the Jow Forums palace and get a REAL workout in.

Attached: 1408795000777.jpg (280x311, 20K)

do the first one, you'll never know til ya try

Are 21k marathons catabolic?

>74"
what's the weather like up there?

Did you reply to the wrong person?

I've found that doing daily pushups in addition to my regular chest day has improved the overall size of my chest. It is much bigger from the additional pushups than it was with just my chest day.

Unless you're not the person that I replied to

You did reply to me. How'd u even get to the insult you made? The only thing I said was that his question is stupid due to the fact that literally any exercise u do will make u stronger.

What are some non-bullshit gyms without these bullshit rates? I called 24 hr fitness and they fucking want to do this annual charge bullshit along with a sign on fee and it's not that much different from Crunch. Why does this shit exist?

The thing is that I'm worried it may prevent muscle recovery. Hence the question.

Thanks. I guess I'll be adding it then.

Also I've read a bit that it may cause a muscle imbalance and make you hunch forward. Do pull ups contrarrest this? Should I do 100 pull ups a day?

Pick up the phone and talk to your local gyms. Stop overanalyzing online.

Why are you even replying to me after what I posted. Do you like me?

>The thing is that I'm worried it may prevent muscle recovery. Hence the question.
Its a bodyweight exercise it will not mess with your muscle recovery, it will probably not even make u tired enough if you're going to split the exercise up over the day.

No, i was just wondering how u got to what u said, sounded like you were confused or pretending to be retarded

I've been doing home workouts for like 2 years. I'm just looking to bump it up to try and meet people bro.

Three lifts switching between barbells and dumbbells. Flat Bench, Incline, Floor Press will improve your gains.

Why are you teasing me. This is a public forum. This is embarrassing stop flirting with me.

Where the fuck is /sig/ and the motivation threads??? Haven't seen one in the time I've been back ( was off fit for 1 monthish)

/sig/ poster ascended after all the improvements

>Also I've read a bit that it may cause a muscle imbalance and make you hunch forward. Do pull ups contrarrest this? Should I do 100 pull ups a day?
A closer opposite for the push ups would be Australian pull ups or just some kind of row. Facepulls are also targeted almost specifically at fixing the posture problems you're talking about, so they're probably your best bet if you can do them. Just aim for quality reps with easy weight.

To make money and compete with planet fatness.

srs though, why has there been neither of these threads? They were my, and many others', favourites

idk they're not on Jow Forums either. Maybe he migrated to another board.

Chilly. I have to hunch in some hotels when I want to take my showers.

Thanks anons, godbless

My squat is severely lacking. Lifts at 3x5 are currently:
S: 185 (generous)
B: 165
D: 245
O: 100

The problem I’m having is at the very tail end of my eccentric portion of a squat I tend to dive bomb and lean forward in order to get more depth after like 3 reps. I’m working very hard to rectify this. Right now I decided to alternate 185 and 135 each session. When I lift 135 I intend to do very slow pause squats focusing on form and not leaning forward at the very bottom. I’ll add 5 lbs per session of this until I make it back to 185 and then I’ll increase from there. Any other tips or advice? I just want to increase my squat like a normal person.

Hnng sauce on that pic?

Attached: bortz_sees_your_dick.png (273x279, 159K)

work on ankle mobility

Guys I can pretty much eat all types of meat and fish with no stomach problems but for some reason eggs always make me feel like complete shit after eating them for like a good two hours, why is that the case?

God I need a hairy friend to do this to

Had a sore shoulder for two weeks.
Pain when I reached it across my body, or overhead (with elbows forward).
Been carefully rolling my shoulders back before exercising, since this seemed to mitigate the pain.
Anyway, was lying in bed and pinching my shoulder blades together (it feels good). I squeezed as hard as I could, and then I heard a loud pop. I could suddenly feel the blood flowing in my arm, and after a quick motion check, I have no pain at all. Little bit of soreness/fatigue, but no pain.

What the fuck happened? Was my shoulder partially dislocated or what? I always imagined that a shoulder dislocation would make my arm all useless and floppy or something.

Should I do different routines on a cut vs on a bulk? Does the exercise matter or is it all in the diet?

Attached: 1551651033093.jpg (565x425, 150K)

It was cystic herpes user you could have caught it from an unclean bench at the gym

I went on vacation for a week. During this week i was doing a diving course, so I wasn't focusing on eating enough or right (im on a cut right now). I came back and noticed that i dropped 3kg, in just a week, does that means i lost some muscle?

Attached: 1526149333304.png (363x296, 136K)

Jow Forumsfriends, I am concerned. I need to lose 6% body fat in 6 weeks. I have just started week 5. Last week I stayed at 207lbs even though my daily macros had me at 1300cal/day and I've been doing high intensity exercise for 50-60minutes 4-5 times a week, plus two 1-hour sessions of Yoga. The previous two weeks I had lost over 1% body fat per week, but this last week I only lost .4% body fat.

I've read that having a cheat day can help "re-start" my metabolism and I can continue with the same fat loss progress as before. Should I eat a couple of cheese burgers in the next two days to do this, or just keep eating clean? I'm worried I'll be losing less than 2lbs of fat per week for the next two weeks :(

My daily meal plan looks something like:

Breakfast: 1 Cup 0%fat Greek Yogurt, .5 scoop of whey, 1 Cup Strawberries, half cup rasp/blue berries, 2 cups steamed spinach

Snack: Protein shake

Lunch: Same as above, but replace greek yogurt with 6oz (raw) extra lean beef, chicken, pork loin.

Snack: Protein Shake

Dinner: 6oz lean meat, 2 Cups Spinach, 2tbs no sugar added organic coconut peanut butter.

I'm very new to the gym how many sets and reps should I do on the workout machines?
I normally do 5x5 with 90 sec breaks between them, but I feel like I'm not getting the most out of it.

So I'm starting night shift at my job due to a promotion.

How do I adjust to this and not lose my gains. I went to try to work out tonight at 10 PM because it was an off night and my work out was garbage.

If you're doing machines, do 3 x 10, or pyramid (12, 10, 8) increasing the weight each set. Compound lifts will serve you better with the 3 x 5 or 5 x 5 methods.

FUCK where is this from this is so hot im wet

why are the power racks not the default racks for bench pressing? its so much safer than a regular bench press rack and you dont even need a spotter

Thanks

Having a hard time bulking while eating clean. I'm eating garbage like ice cream and chips to hit my goal. How important is it to eat clean? Is it ok if I eat junk as long as I hit my calorie and protein goals?

my question too. its sooo easy to bulk up on fast food but i dont wanna be fat damn. i feel like you dont get fat with healthy food

>100 push-up a day challenge
Is this applicable to sit-ups? Or squats?
I already run ~6 miles a day, but it doesn’t seem to do much for strength

do arms really takes so much time to get bigger? i know its only been a month but i already see my legs, shoulders, calves, and thighs getting bigger but not my arms?

Bump

Which part of your arms? Biceps/Triceps shouldn't take too long if you're making sure to hit the short and long heads with proper form.

uhm.. the whole ass arms? idk i guess biceps? but i recently just added curls on my routine so thats why its smaller.

what else are the best lifts to get bigger arms faster

Well that's the thing, you need to do Bicep and Triceps for arm size because you gotta realize that your Triceps take up almost 2/3 of your arm's size.

I'd probably recommend doing dumbbell curls on an incline bench, mercy 30's (10, 10, 10 of Close, Wide, Regular grip curls with an ez curl or flat bar), and then close grip bench and cable tricep pushdowns for them.

Scott Herman does a ton of great videos for Bicep workouts.

I haven't worked out consistently for the last 6-7 months, and thus have lost a lot of my gains. Should I recomp and get lean (~10% bf) first, then rebuild from there? I would estimate my current bf to be 15-20%.
My goal would be to be ottermode and maintain leanness.

is it bad if i excercise two times a day?

With the workout plan I made, I could either do
>4 exercises/day on six days
>8 exercises/day on three days
Are there any differences between both apart from the time spent per workout? I'd also like to not lose track of cardio. How much do you guys usually do if you're lean bulking?

Just cut. Recomping is time wasting unless you're on gear.

why would i choose farmers carry over dead hangs or vice versa

I do tricep pushdowns and dips for the triceps. and then bicep curl machine.

are those not enough?

>70kg 185cm
>About 20% bf (obese pot belly always showing and of course gyno, large too)
>Autistically only eat 1500kcal a day (fasting or not eating if no gym) because more and I will become a fat bloated mess (most of it protein to get 120g ish a day)
>Baby tier lifts (peaking at 30kg plus bar bench and about thirty-ish over the head press total)
>Everyone tells me to stop cutting because I am going to die and not get any gains
>Give up and start doing a normal diet
>For work out do 5x5 bench, OHP, squat, DL and 5x30 incline abs, 4x20 leg raises (lower abs) with some random extra exercises each day (Some two random machines on leg day and calf raises, 5x5 isolation curls, preacher curls, chest flies on arm day, 5x5 rows (over and underhand) and back extensions on back day) and go to the gym 3 days a week
>3 months later
>80kg 30% bf I think (I look fatter, to the point of seeming obese) with gyno worse than ever (I am sure I have big enough breasts to use a bra)
>Bench gone down 20 or so kg
>Squat and deadlift gone up
>OHP gone down 10-5kg
>Chest flies also gone down
>Fucking curls also have gone down
>In general all non-leg exercises have gone down massively
>Zero arm gains
>Zero gains in general
>More fat and bloated

How come I haven't had any fucking arm gains (in fact some fucking how I lost strength?) while bulking? Been going to the gym for a year now. I assume it's because my training is too lax.
>inb4 shitposting!11
I am 100% fucking serious here this makes zero fucking sense and it's driving me up the fucking walls, at this point I am just going to give up going out to eat and stay on a massive ketogenic diet at stupid low kcal a day because I'd rather be thin and weak than fat, bloated AND weak.

i have a 3x a week routine every other day. I added tons of accessory work but is it bad that i do all those accessory work every workout?

i really go hard on other exercises cause i find them really fun lmao

Farmer carries isometrically train your posterior chain and other stabilizing muscles. Dead hangs probably rule out any possible injuries farmer carries could cause, while also being easier to add to a program that already has heavy compound lifts.

Farmer's Carry
>more total body engagement
>traps, posture, core gains
>looks cool as hell and they're good for conditioning
>easier to load
Can be taxing so you have to be smart when you add them

Dead Hang
>easier to focus on grip
>still engaging core, but in different way
>decompresses spine
>good for shoulders
>harder to load without dip belt
Not as taxing, easier to throw in and recover from

What age do you hit your aesthetics peak? I'm guessing 21-24 range but I'm not sure. Some people argue 18-20 but I just think its too young and you're still finishing off growing at the age.

Attached: b4b98a83da0cd1ebc13248bcb951a6a3.jpg (236x284, 7K)

If they're making it so that your volume or weight on your main lifts are suffering you should probably cut some of the accessories out. If you're still making progress with the accessories added and you're not too gassed to get through your main stuff then I don't think you should change anything. Stick with it for a couple weeks and see if the quality of your main lifts gets affected.

You won't get fat all of a sudden unless you're eating nothing but carbs and fats at a huge surplus. The real concern is hurting your long-term health by eating lots of shitty fats and simple sugars. THAT SAID if your goal is to gain weight, then you're gonna have to eat more calorically dense foods. This can be processed, store-bought snack foods, but doesn't have to be "junk" if you're smart and take a minute to read the nutrition facts. Pick the options that match your goals, prioritize protein and healthy fats from nuts etc.

Basically, get your clean food, but snack lots throughout the day and make sure it's the nicer "junk food". There's more snack choices now than ever before, it doesn't have to be total garbage. Track your food and PLEASE stop eating tons of ice cream

They dont affect my main lifts i think since i do accessory afterwards. But if u mean if it affects the nxt workout i dont think so? Cause i have a full day rest. AxBxAxxB setup

You can start with 100. Once that gets easy do more reps. I generally do about 500 a day. It DOES work. If your looking for fast results though just lift weights.

Then you're probably fine, I'd say. Though if you're a beginner it might be more productive for you to just add more volume or weight to your main stuff.

Dumb fatass here, recently started working out a bit. Was going pretty well for a few weeks, lost 6 pounds. However, very suddenly something went wrong with my back. At times the pain is so intense that I can't breathe. I thought I would just ice it for a few days and get back to exercise, but it's been over a week and I still feel like I'm getting stabbed. Did I overdo it and fuck my back up?

Attached: 1.jpg (581x425, 36K)

Unironically please check with a doctor.

I progress on weight every workout on my main lifts. I also do extra set with higher volume.and lighter weight

No can do, I am poor.

At what point do you guys give up trying to sleep for the night?

i just stare at screens until my eyes are tired enough. otherwise sleep through the morning

I also am having trouble sleeping these past days. I think its because I don't know what to dream about. I've been dreaming about girls everytime and it has gotten repetitive.
What should I be dreaming about?

boys

Jow Forums hasn't turned me gay.... yet

Hello frens, I was on one of the tinder threads yesterday. Just wanted to post that I made it and finally fucked a human female and she wasn't a hooker or ugly. Came inside three times shit was fucking awesome. Guess I'm not an incel anymore. Thanks for reading my blog.

Attached: 1451538548438.jpg (538x720, 66K)

post which profile u were

how do i get less frothy protein drinks?

Well, what are you waiting for?

I was the one of the ones that didn't post it sorry, if you have the thread pulled up in the archive I had the profile described though.

ok nvm doesnt matter since i cant see face/body

skinnyfat here
how do i get rid of my pot belly? is it as simple as fucking destroying my core for a few weeks with situps and whatnot?
also in regards to pic related, can i get abs like that from the aforementioned core destruction or does just have good genetics? or implants maybe?

Attached: core.jpg (720x1280, 141K)

But that's only .27 reps per day.

>a human female
You're not a virgin anymore. Still an incel. Have more sex.

Jannies are being faggots and deleting them on sight. Many such cases.
SAD!

plan on it in like 12 hours faggot

I feel a "pop" in my left should area when I do OHP. What is that?

Sleep well, work out BEFORE the nignt shift. Get blackout curtains, wean yourself off caffeine completely. Generally, be extra strict about your routine because you are working against your own circadian rhytms.

Also, wtf kind of job PROMOTES you to night shifts? That's some /b/-tier promotion.

Might be a hotel. My friend works at a hotel and got promoted to night auditor and that came with a raise.

you are commiting internal rotation holocaust

You can be ripped at pretty much any point in your adulthood. Also, aesthetics is subjective. Even if there was an objective way to determine peak aesthetic, that peak would probably occur at different times for each person due to differing genetics.

Attached: download (3).jpg (600x900, 389K)

I know my grocery store does it. Regular low-tier managers get to do shifts ranging from day time to closing but the 3rd in command gets the all nighter.

When the routine says to deload 10%, do you deload 10% of total weight or 10% of plate weight?
are you supposed to include the bar in the calculation?

>100 push ups a day challenge
>100 push ups a day
>challenge
lol
Yea, it will make your pecs/triceps bigger if you've never worked out before. Worked for me when I was 15 but I did waaay more than 100 a day though.

Spot reduction doesn't work. You will have brick house abs after a few weeks, right under that pot belly of yours. You need to cut.

Your picrel is ~10% bf and bretty average genetics overall (a balding manlet with okay frame). So yeah, you can make it, but start by cutting.

I'm going to music festival at the end of the month, but i got lost in bulk and look like a bloated mess. How do i achieve back aesthetic physique in such short time? Fasting + snake juice?

Attached: 1563491320712.jpg (1126x563, 68K)

>Worked for me when I was 15 but I did waaay more than 100 a day though.
I doubt it. Most people comment on my biceps and pecks and I've only ever trained body weight. Only time I have been near weights is to see just how much I can lift to show people just how effective body weight is. People used to joke that I was on roids when I was in school because of how big my arms were. I never got over 100 a day, and you shouldn't even need to get over 40-50 a day if you know how to use your body. I could do far more but once you get past 50 it become more of an endurance training than strength. You see you have these things call muscles and you can tense them to add resistance. You can create as much resistance as you can handle unlike weights where you can try lift more than you can handle.
>What is your opinion on the 100 push ups a day challenge?
Didn't know it was a challenge. But go for it and add in 100 sit-ups 100 squats and 50 pull-ups. You really will notice the difference.

> gzclp T1 OHP
> 5x3+ @35kg just fine
> can't do a single rep @40kg

What the fuck do I do with the progression? I just redid it with 35kg.

eat more, improve diet, deload

On ppl, do you Deadlift on pull or legs?