Intermittent fasting

Does it work? Can I gain muscle on it? How do I do it properly as someone who's never tried it?
>inb4 read the sticky
It's not in the sticky

Attached: A5BE6007-373F-4F1E-B0F2-4C7EA02058A2.jpg (628x787, 93K)

It works but you’ll feel like shit for the first few weeks as your body adapts to lifting while empty.

What if I only lift on the days that I don't fast

Post more best girl and maybe I'll help you out

The fuck are you trying to do? Fast MWF and lift TThS? Cause that’s a good way to fuck yourself.

...shit I do something kind of like this, why is this bad?

i dunno, i lift right at the end of my fast cycle and its honestly not that bad. when i work out the hunger pangs go away.

You either fast or you don’t. Not eating for specific hours one day, then eating regularly the next, is going to fuck with your body’s cycle - you’ll never adapt to either diet type.

I did that for the first week too but got dizzy after every set. It’s going away but it was like death at first.

>Does it work?
Yes, got me to 170lbs from 223lbs in about a year. Started with 7 hours eating 17 hours fasting and eventually moved on to OMAD.
>Can I gain muscle on it?
Yes, just get into caloric surplus in your eating window.

I read that one way to IF is to eat normally 5 days a week and then eat 500-600 cal on the other two days. So what if I just don't lift on those two days. It's not like I lift every day anyway

Read the leangains faq. Basically never work out on a totally empty stomach. Fasting mostly works because it limits your diet, you should still count calories.

Is IF something you should be doing for the rest of your life like an habit or just until you stop being a fatty?

But I want to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. I'm sick of being skinny fat. It's not a big deal if I don't get really big for the time being, I'd rather get lean first then move on to hypertrophy

She's fucking cheating, she can effect gravity.

The point of IF is to not eat for a certain window of time so your body increases HGH and burns fat instead of glucose for energy. Fasting without training or cardio in this case is pointless.

So what if I do cardio on the fasting days? I like to run and I practice kendo twice a week for 1.5 hrs at a time so it's not an issue for me. I'm not looking to counter you, I just want to make sure I'm getting it right

Then that’s fine. Fasting for no reason is what will get you nowhere.

Thanks for the advice. It makes sense and I'll use it

it's not, he's just making shit up to seem knowledgable. plenty of people do what you're doing.

Okay here you go

Attached: 0D5A9E50-B691-4B93-8054-A96EFFFD1E40.jpg (293x731, 107K)

It works great. Don't consume calories for 16 hours. That's it. There are apps if you need, I use Zero.

I've lost 65lbs on IT so far, started it on Christmas. I do a 2/22 split now. Went from a 235lbs to 170lbs and I've been stuck here for for the past month and its driving me insane but thats not related.

Personally for me I had a lot of energy for a first few days but I winded up crashing and tired as hell for a week after. If you stick past it you'll go back to normal and you'll have more rational decision making when it comes to what you eat and identifying when your actually hungry, replace food needs with water between your non eating hours.

I drink a protein shake 8 hours into the fast after my workout. Am I losing gains?

just lift a few hours after eating. if you eat at night, eat earlier.

you don't need it, drink the shake with your food.

Yes user, it works. Drink water.

Start with 12h of fasting, then increase 2 or 4 hours more until you can do 23 hours of fasting and 1 hour of eating.

You will get ripped if you mix IF with Jump Rope.

Attached: Abz.jpg (376x752, 35K)

Is there no metabolic timeframe after a workout when protein is required? Please don’t tell me I’ve been memed for the past six months.

The bitch is cheating with her quirk

you've been memed