PPL vs UPPER LOWER : which one is the best ?

PPL vs UPPER LOWER : which one is the best ?

Attached: me in the gym.jpg (610x580, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theproteinworks.com/thelockerroom/the-john-grimek-full-body-workout/
drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EbfzFB0mBrSjBFZ1NUUklHU1E/view
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27102172
youtu.be/RDWyqnGhmWY
docdro.id/fmEoqYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The middle option

The one you actually stick with.

Full body

based

BRO SPLIT 4 LIFE CUNT

Attached: NORF.png (271x407, 224K)

ever thought about Lower/upper/lower/Push/pull ?

DYELs

I can't believe people still post this garbage. Been lifting for 5 years and no one I speak with who works out regularly for years ever mentions this dumb program shit. Peers are mostly college athletes who did high level fitness since young childhood

Full body is the Chad choice
Howdy my fellow full body KINGS

Attached: 4B38CEF3-D5EF-4BD2-8080-2590FA1264EE.jpg (395x650, 219K)

what the fuck is an upper lower split going to lool like? lower = squat, deads and upper = chest shoulders back and arms?

Is it possible to do full body workout 5-6 times per week or is it just for peiple who go to the gym every other day aka dyels?

Yeah bro just look at all these dyels that only went to the gym three times a week.
If you really want to go 5-6 times a week you can, but why would you want that? If you have so much time pick up a sport or martial art to do 2-3 times a week in addition to lifting 3 times, no need to be a gymcel

Attached: 4ACE316E-48B2-4A8D-8019-0FF27F92B211.jpg (567x720, 72K)

yes
although some people suggest putting back and biceps on the lower day

post body fatty

They're both on gear, so it doesn't really matter what routine they do.

bro split

How about both? PPLxULx

When Grimek was winning bodybuilding shows around 1940 and in the few years after that he was most likely still natty, Steve Reeves probably started roids a bit earlier as he was active later on but was still natty for a good while. Bodybuilders muscle mass didn’t really start increasing until the 1950s, when roids started to really be used. Anyways, here’s someone that was 100% natty as this was way before testosterone ethers were synthesized.
Most bodybuilders in the pre-steroid era trained full body, here is an example routine by John Grimek
theproteinworks.com/thelockerroom/the-john-grimek-full-body-workout/

Attached: B0C69A85-0E67-4FD1-882D-42D452FC23F2.jpg (354x540, 31K)

go away chad this isn't the site for you

Keep in mind that guys like Grimek had superior genetics. The average Jow Forumsizen won't look like that natty.

Grimek had insane genetics to be fair, some others like Sandow really weren’t that ridiculously gifted though. Anyways, the point is just to say that full body training works well if natty, for bodybuilding too and not just for becoming a fat powerlifter. What someone will look like will always be determined by their genetics as well

Attached: 2F3EEAC0-25AC-4FDF-A86E-E5E5509D27F5.jpg (755x1200, 192K)

Full body is good for beginners but after a certain point you need more volume than you can handle on full body. UL or PPL 2x a week is the best option for an advanced natty lifter.

How do I get pecs like that?

test your limits and dbolish your goals

believe in our Lord and Savior

Zyzz?

It really is just preference imtbho

at that point why not just do ppl or ul?

Lower is squats + deadlifts + core
Upper is ohp + bench + pull ups, alternating between ohp and bench for intensity and volume

PUSH PULL

who gives a flying fuck about legs

PPPPPP

>doing 2 upper body lifts
>expecting to look good

This is why you retards can't get laid.

Do both, UPPER/LOWER for power days and PPL for Hypertrophy days.

AKA the PHAT routine

Yes, you can do full body programs that are 5-6 days per week. You just have to be smart with the exercise selection. For instance, you shouldn't try to do a heavy deadlift every day.

Most guys need so much fucking volume for the upper body to grow. Like, these kids doing 3 sets of bench twice per week have no clue how little they're actually doing and then they wonder why they're DYEL.

Yep.

Attached: Layne-Norton.jpg (600x400, 63K)

Although Nsuns is the superior routine, PHAT is still pretty juicy

FULL BODY

I got really confused looking about that on Reddit.

Is that you Jeff?

How so?

You could just do a sickeningly long workout, like many pro bodybuilders did back in the day. 3 times a week for 4h still adds up. Anyways, you don’t need to spend that much time even at intermediate levels and beyond if you do enough compounds (not just bench, squat and diddly, but also weighted chin ups, weighted dips, barbell rows etc). Can get done in 90 mins and still get your 20 weekly sets per muscle group. Will be a tough workout though, definitely not doable when cutting

Attached: 077ACEAB-8EF2-4688-A062-D3EC8E8B336F.jpg (736x952, 69K)

I actually had to cut back on volume a little. Or perhaps more accurately volume at higher intensities.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EbfzFB0mBrSjBFZ1NUUklHU1E/view

How do i use that file? What accesories and how many should i do.

Can’t access the file at the moment but basically choose accessories which both target your weaknesses and complement the main lift you’re doing that day. Choose 2-3 accessories and scale up-down accordingly

LPP/1 or 2 days of rest/repeat is GOAT

I've tried full body and upper/lower splits and my energy would be put towards the first like two compound movements and then everything else would be kind of neglected.
I'd even rate bro splits above full body and upper lower, training frequency is overrated as fuck.

Chest/Back
Legs
Arms/Shoulders

A study showed that on average doing full body hade double the effect on muscle size over splitting muscle groups into different days but strength increase was equal.

Attached: trainingprotocol.jpg (768x619, 139K)

Nsuns is a bastardised mash-up of existing routines by a DYEL redditor, dont pick that one

bullshit

Before test was synthesized, guys would inject themselves with test harvested directly from dog or bull testicles. Grimek was not natty. Neither was Sandow. Nick Strength and Power has a good video on this.

Based and redpilled.

True.

Here's the source.

Attached: Screenshot_20190722-224441.jpg (1080x2160, 445K)

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27102172

c'mon dude, read the conclusion, it just says that 2x a week frequency is "superior" to one...
Nowhere does it say that you'll make twice the muscle gains by doing full body as opposed to splits.

it's good though

So PPL wins

Try a real full body training plan before discounting it.

I like mixing in Upper / Lower when I need to recover and want a lower intensity workout.

Or U/L or push/pull or any other split that's 2x frequency per muscle

PPL is goat tier for drug abusers like the golden one.

Natties are going to struggle unless the volume is really light. Besides, deadlifting and squatting on subsequent days sounds retarded.

>doing heavy squats, deadlifts, bench and ohp in the same day
rip your body

Bench 2x a week and OHP 1x, or alternate.

Also, pussy.

Well it's not because you're doing a full body but splitting the total volume that you would do on one day in a split over multiple days instead.
Program doesn't matter if you don't know the total volume and frequency you're lifting.

A full body can hit the same muscle 3x a week, according to this study it would mean in theory that to split the volume of a pplxppl even further would give you even better results for muscle size.
Full body doesn't mean doing SL 5x5 only. You can do it more frequently, split stuff up into morning and evening.

Ppl if you want to work on volume, hypertrophy, and not necessarily strength but you can work in strength for your compounds. upper lower if you want to focus on strength.
Dont do ppl if you're a newshit

The best looking guys in your gym are running PPL or a bro split and you know it.
If you're time restricted then yeah full body is great, but doing it just because science says it's slightly more optimal (it's not even noticeable) and thinking you're hardcore and superior to everyone else doing splits is straight-up retarded.

Why do something inferior with your time at the gym just because that's what the roiders do? Roiders need to do low frequency because their muscles grow so fast and can't overtrain without damage.
If people are curious they should know what is worth their time. And that's the program that works for them. This is just science showing that you might have better results with something else.

PPL is recommended by mr Cavaliere because it’s also good for athleticism youtu.be/RDWyqnGhmWY

How hard you train ,how you diet and genetics will determine whether you make gains or not.
Training splits make little to no difference. Natty physiques haven't really changed in the last couple of years when high training frequency got popular compared to guys before that who were doing 5 day bro splits.
I'm just saying that you shouldn't be ignorant and disregard every other training style, while every single one of them works, it's just a matter of preference.

Wrong nigger, its true that test came from bull testes, but it was absolutely unaffordable even for well-off people back then. You needed mountains of bull nuts for a single injection

t.guy who spends 3 hours in the gym
or
t.guy who only does one exercise per muscle group

Attached: 1539184074404.png (683x298, 60K)

Delts chest arms
Back and Legs
Off
Repeat until jacked

I never see big guys squat, either, should I give that up as well?

Share dat shit, user.

/thread

Never seen a good body from PPL. Prove me wrong.

Almost every good body is the result of PPL thought dude....Like every single youtube meme lord natty or not is running some variation of PPL
here you go bro, don't say i never helped you out docdro.id/fmEoqYs

Based. Thanks, user. Now we truly enter the age of Jow Forumssci/

ur welcome bro. inb4 that fag coems along who hates noncommunative geometry to talk shit about it. fuck that guy

Post body.

i only do fullbody user. hedge your bets

Attached: 1558147163730.png (648x761, 394K)

could have told you he wouldn’t. He’s dyel af

:^)

Tpbp

post body

Everyone knew you wouldn’t. So stop giving advice summerdyel. I’m putting you on a 3 month lurking program. Do not post further until you have completed your program. Also check out the sticky (top left thread).