Is protein overload required?

Supp Jow Forums. Newbie here. Suppose I eat 50g of protein every day. And I keep working out. Will my growth plateau at some point? Will I require more protein to grow more? Or can I still keep growing if I keep damaging my muscles through working out and eating the same amount of protein?

TLDR Do I require more protein to grow more beyond a certain limit? Or can I still grow if my protein intake is constant but I keep increasing my workout muscle damage via tension/reps/sets

Attached: images - 2019-06-26T092624.553.jpg (543x271, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LdVMuUztWec
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1g of protein per 1lb of body weight

Retard it’s lb of lean mass not bodyweight. Why would how much fat you have have any bearing on protein intake?

>mixing mutt units and modern units
2g of protein per kg of total bodyweight
/thread

based

It's pretty clear from research you need .6-.8g of protein per lb of lean body weight for optimal gains.
Of course supplement suppliers tell you that you need way more but just check out some research for yourself.

Ok. Suppose I'm poor and I can't take that much amount of protein every day. Will my protein intake plateau/bottleneck my gains?

yes.

More protein absolutely helps (to a point). Ignore retards who say it doesn't. 50g per day will bottleneck you and make it very hard, if not impossible after a certain point. Milk, and peanut butter are cheap sources of protein

Why would you use total bodyweight?

You should do 1.8-3kg per kg of lean body mass not total bodyweight.

Thanks man. But doesn't peanut butter increase estrogen in your body which can lead to onions like effects like man tits and such?

Attached: images (48).jpg (514x387, 32K)

Retard have you ever read a dietary protein requirement experiment? Nearly all use total body weight. Also if this is more than a rounding error you're a fatty fat.

Based.

There's emerging experimental evidence to suggest 1.5-2g/lb produces improvements in body composition but not hypertrophy vs 1g/lb. None have found any health concerns

>470 pounds of peanut butter has as much estrogenic activity as once ounce of onions
Nigga that's a lot of fucking peanut butter if you think you're going to have problems

>50g protein a day
Never gonna make it

>Ok. Suppose I'm poor and I can't take that much amount of protein every day.
then bodybuilding isn't for you
but with that being said you can still make gains, they are just gonna be much slower

there are also benefits from lower protein intakes like longevity and your body adapting to being more efficient at recycling amino acids which actually lowers your protein requirements overtime and makes it so that when you do eat even lower ammounts of protein you don't lose as much muscle because your body is already adapted to a low protein intake.
maybe something like 50g is a bit too low, but something like 100g is probably plenty to get a good body.
you can get 100g of protein very easily if you eat well
3 liters of skim milk would already put you in that 100g mark, add in some eggs and maybe some sweet potatos and you have a complete diet.
short answer is no

long answer is the isoflavones and lignans in plant foods are about as close to estrogen compounds as vitamin C is to sucrose, as in, not even close to being the same
the compounds in söy for example are classified as anti oxidants in the body of mammals, not actual hormonal compounds, only plants like red clover have actually demonstrated estrogenic effects in animals, and animals fed onions don't show fertility issues or loss of muscle mass at all, in fact it slightly improves growth rates in crop fed animals like chickens and pigs and cows.

>Why would you use total bodyweight
as opposed to lean body weight?
suppose someone is 60kg and 20%bf (neverminding the fact that body fat percentages are all estimates based on fucking dogshit nothing)

that means he has 12kg of fat, big fucking deal
not that big of difference in protein target calculation, just go total bw and have the upper end

youtube.com/watch?v=LdVMuUztWec

>50g a day
my breakfast has more protien than this

Attached: 1556811224364.png (294x252, 212K)

Breh if you’re eating 50g protein the last fucking thing you need to worry about if estrogen content in food

Thanks, based science bro, do you have links to that stuff?

Wait so I'm 58kg, with 2g per kg that makes it around 120g of protein. How am I supposed to get that in my diet at around 2800kcal? 2 or 3 shakes of protein?
I mean, 6 eggs in the morning then a can of tuna for lunch and one for dinner plus carbs and some broccoli don't cover that much. Even with the everyday shaker

Eat moar protein retard

6 eggs, 2 cans of tuna, some carbs and broccoli isnt even close to 2800 calories. 120g of protein isnt hard to hit at 2800, especially not if you also drink protein shakes

Eat quark. 10 grams of protein and 70 calories per 100 grams. I eat a 500g tub for breakfast every day, which costs a grand total of 70 cents and 350 calories.

Some carbs means big plate of rice or pasta, pack of peanuts. But yeah, even when I eat until just before vomiting I struggle to get the 2800. And feel like shit for at least 2h.
Give protein rich calorie dense foods
Thanks bro

Anything over 0.8g protein per 1lb of bodyweight is a meme.

Source?

I wonder how beer is ranked there.

Buy lentils
1 kilo for 2 dollars
Over 3000 calories
340 grams of protiens

I learned in a personal training class that you are supposed to use 80% of your weight in kg, but I personally dont go for that and try for 35% of my diet in protons

>Suppose I eat 50g of protein every day. And I keep working out. Will my growth plateau at some point?

What growth?

Based, get nitrogen positive and get out

Peanut butter has some protein and is high calorie, 80% lean ground beef or leaner depending on how much calories you want. If you want lean protein any fish is very good for that, I have cod sometimes

Based, thank you

I have to get 2900 calories/day. It's rough. Eating is uncomfortable. But i eat good foods.

Turkey Sausage and Protein shake in the morning = 600 cal.

Lunch is 10 oz chicken, 1 cup broccoli, 1 sweet potato = 1,000 cal

Afternoon - Protein Shake = 400cal

Dinner - 10 oz of chicken or pork, broccoli, sweet potato - 500 cal

Evening Snake - Protein shake - 400 cal

I'm more likely to be under than over. So i have a variety of snacks and fruits and jerky that will keep my macros in check.