Gym fear

how do i get over my gym fear and actually go there? I can barely lift a barbell and I've only gone 3 times in the 3months period i bought because im too ashamed.. what to do?

Attached: pikachu.gif (322x250, 443K)

I couldnt do it so I just home gymed

Have to start at some point. Use dumbbell variations of movements if you can't lift a barbell.

Never be ashamed of trying to improve yourself, bro. Every big jacked dude started out on baby weights. Go become the best you that you can be. You're gonna make it.

Attached: 1558543183896.png (1280x1354, 1.99M)

This
Literally no one is paying attention to you at the gym.

You could literally get noob gains from a teaspoon of yogurt and flexing in the mirror if that would help.
Can you even lift your feet to put your socks on, wtf?

That's not true, i know guys who never lifted a weight in their life or do manual labor come in the gym and hit like 3+ plate deadlifts and stuff like that. Sub 200 pound guys too

>work out at home gym
>get alright numbers 225lbx3 bench
>go to ymca
>mog all the 70 year old boomers
>get tired of waiting for boomers to finish
>back at home gym
join the home gym master race

if you dont go your a faggot

Most (if not all) had this fear
Heres the thing: Nobody gives a fuck about you
Yeah you will get a couple of looks if you look small as fuck but just use that as motivation

Watch a couple of workouts on YT, those who you feel you can do / look simple, start with those until you get a bit more comfortable then make a plan for what you wanna achieve (after 2 weeks or so, then you will be comfortable)

Also, dont lift too heavy, you look retarded, pick up some weights you can actually lift and put down more than 5 times, even if its the small ones.

Look at gym cringe. That's what helped me. If people can do embarrassing shit at the gym without giving a fuck, why should I give a fuck if I'm just doing normal shit and working out?

You don't have to overcome your fears if you never them. Aka home gym

Nobody will give a shit about you, unless you are doing something really stupid. You are a noobie, just make It official and start with baby weights. Also fix your posture, it's gonna make a hella difference

You gotta push through it, and eventually when you're used to going and a lot stronger you won't feel the fear anymore.

Go every day and compete with yourself rather than the guys who have 100 pounds on you

This X1000
I always get so annoyed with people having "gym anxiety". There's literally no reason to. My girlfriend refuses to come to the gym because of this. Same with so many members of my family and I always tell them all the same thing:

>NO ONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT YOU.

Everyone on this planet is so self-absorbed that their egos are constantly telling them that others must be watching. You've lived your whole life as the star of your own movie, and assume that you're important. Sorry, but you're not. Everyone is focused on themselves, just like you are. They have their headphones in and are doing their own shit. They don't have time to pay attention long enough to see how weak you are. And even if they did, they have no reason to care. Whenever I notice someone (for half a second) at the gym who's weak or fat, I get happy because they're doing something for themselves. Even if they're doing something wrong, at least they're trying. After that half second acknowledgement, I don't pay attention to them because I have to actually finish my workout and get out of there just like everyone else.

There are only two people in the gym that get stared at regularly:
>1: The strongest man in the gym who's deadlifting 600lbs
>2: The giant landwhale who weighs 600lbs.

If you're not either of those people, no one gives a shit about you. Trust me.

Also this is true. I worked construction my whole life, so the first time I went to the gym I was already pretty strong. But that's not the case for everyone.

Attached: Allison-Stokke.jpg (600x789, 214K)

Well I can tell you it's a real fucking problem, it took me years to muster the courage to go to a gym, years of doing retarded calisthenics at home trying to bulk up to end up with a hernia in the most retarded possible place for trying to train shoulders by doing pushups with feet elevated (to 45 degrees). But it does go away when you face your fears and go to the gym anyway.

when I go to the gym the social pressure ends up making me work harder than I would if I was alone

Just go there to face your fear and whenever you feel ashamed remind yourself that all of the big guys started the same way

I just binge watched BroScienceLife videos and probably the way Dom gives zero fucks while curling on the leg extention machine transitioned to me.

Attached: dom before face.jpg (228x288, 15K)

STOP CARING ABOUT WHAT NORMIES THINK AND GET MASSIVE YOU LITTLE BITCH

>a hernia in the most retarded possible place

Was it a hiatal hernial?