Calisthenics is for those who want to have the ability to save themselves

Calisthenics is for those who want to have the ability to save themselves

Hypertrophy training is for those who want to look like they have the ability to save others

Strength training is for those who want to have the ability to save their family

Make your choice Jow Forums

Attached: Screenshot_20190722-122658.jpg (1080x710, 444K)

if I can't save myself how can I save my family.
Checkmate atheists

Calisthenics if you want to be a gay twink
Hypertrophy if you want to be an aesthetic chad
Strength if you want to be a fatty virgin

+1

>family is hanging off a cliff and you are standing on top of the cliff
powerlifter easily saves the whole family.
>family along with you are hanging off a cliff
>calisthenics guy can save himself but can't pull the family's weight

t. Faggot

every powerlifter would cause the cliff to break tho

Cope

>powerlifter easily saves the whole family.
More like powerlifter herniates 3 disks and falls to death with family because he wasn't wearing his belt.

You do realize that you can use calisthenics for strength or hypertrophy right?

Based

The truth is that person who wants to be stronger should be doing all three.

Why would I even risk my family to hang onto a cliff?

If I don’t, who will?!

Attached: 72FBC27B-B797-429C-B4F5-D533848B9580.jpg (194x259, 11K)

I'm with this guy, just take the best aspects of all 3 and turn yourself into an alpha: be able to sprint fast, run long, and lift heavy. Not hard. Then you have reached peak human.

>assuming each family member is 400lbs and you have 3 other siblings to pull along with your parents

face it. Average weight of a person will be somewhere between 150-200lbs. You only need to deadlift them and start walking backwards.
A calisthenics guy can't even deadlift 155lbs

*calisthenics guy can FANCILY save himself but family stays on cliff

You can to a certain extent but if you really believe you can get to a functional strength level even close to actual strength training, you are retarded.

That's why you do weighted calisthenics dummy

>functional strength level
You have to define what you mean by this though

you can't separate hypertrophy and strength training as a natty

>he thinks adding 20 lbs to his pull ups means he can safely lift his family

Attached: down-syndrome-mother-essay-today-150610-tease_6f3d2158aeb55edcbe7544f8a66db0e2[1].jpg (1920x1080, 685K)

>weight calisthenics
and do what? Get back down over the edge and do a muscle up with 150lbs on your back?

Correct, a smart lifter will do both. However, you should focus more on strength.

How the fuck do you not understand functional strength?

>He only adds 20lbs to his pullups
Don't make me laugh
I mean someone who does Cali at least has a chance in this scenario. A powerlifter who can't pull-up his body weight will be shit out of luck.
Functional to do what? Give me an example of a daily feat of strength that you can achieve only by lifting

>functional strength for office worker
>functional strength for professional power lifter
same functional strength?

yeah, pic related must be super weak.
its not like people that can do planche can bench2x bw first try.
this whole thread is just a fat powerlifter cope. There's a reason ex gymnasts can go into literally any other sport, while ex powerlifters cant do anything

Attached: Planche.jpg (4070x2512, 1.46M)

is this functional strength?

>a guy who does calisthenics has a chance
a chance at what? The calisthenics guy can pull himself up but its going to be a real struggle to pull everyone else up. The powerlifter would easily deadlift everyone with ease implying the powerlifter isn't over the edge.

I know you're slow but follow me here: what's the context of this thread? Thank real hard now

He couldn't save a 200 lb person from a burning building

i hope you realize that this doesn't require that much strength. ive seen mostly only small guys do it.

Think*

>Context of the thread
Saving people. Do you think that someone like pic related couldn't carry an injured person or pull someone up?

Attached: IMG_20190719_115922.jpg (327x395, 48K)

I don't think, I know. If he only does calisthenics, then no, he couldn't lift the average adult male and pull them through a dangerous situation.

>He couldn't save a 200 lb person from a burning building
At that point would you want to? If they were 200 lbs and fit they wouldn't need you to save them. That means that they're probably a fatty, so there's no reason to risk your life.

>thread is about calisthenics fag being too weak to save people
>"THEY ARE STRONG ENOUGH"
>lmao no they aren't
>"WELL WHO WOULD WANT TO?"
Lmao this is the ultimate cope

>i hope you realize that this doesn't require that much strength. ive seen mostly only small guys do it.
ahahahahahahahahahaha
thanks, now I know you're just retarded.
an athletic person has the advantage over a powerlifter type in 99% of real world emergencies, which is why every scenario you copelets give are so specific.
I did gymnastics for 1 year and the first time I set foot in a weight room I got my backsquat up to 120kg, the 2nd time up to 140kg.
I'm 70kg bw

people pass out from the smoke. Imagine being a firefighter who can't deadlift at least 200lbs

>If he only does calisthenics, then no
But if he looks like this and lifts then could? What kind of a double think is this.
Daniel Vadnal, Dominik Sky, Austin Dunham

I'll take calisthenics

>keeps using powerlifter meme
Nice strawman there, faggot

>I could do 140 kg my first attempt

>he thinks 140 kg squat is strong
lmao

>hahahahahah, thanks you are retard
lmao, i used to be a gymnast when i was 120lbs. I easily did this after like 5 months of practice but with legs spread apart, not closed like that. But I couldn't lift a beer keg that weighed like 190lbs.
I got into weight lifting and now weight 160lbs. I can't do the planche anymore but i can guarantee you i can learn how to if i drop strength training and just go back to calisthenics. But at the same time, I wouldn't be as strong as i am now.
Not sure if you trolling or in denial at this point

So this is how powerfats cope with being fat and not aesthetic?
Sad!

holy larp, going from straddle to full planche is almost as hard as going from untrained to straddle. Also, pics or it didn't happen, I bet you had banana back

Militaryfags, fire fighters, and cops all do Crossfit because they claim to want to be strong enough to save someone and have enough endurance to not gas out.

Although crossfit is gay, that at least makes sense

cope. Like i said, doesn't take much strength. Just a lot of practice. If you really think it takes strength then you can't do it yourself either

What about strength and Hypertrophy

The average person weights like 125-160 so itll be pretty easy

t. West African

maybe if you are 5'2, sure it doesnt take much strength, which checks out with you being 120lbs while presumably having some muscle from working out.

I am 100% sure you were doing elbow levers now
Imagine spouting bullshit when you have no clue what you are even talking about

Real question: do you honestly believe calisthenics puts you in the same ballpark of strength as free weight strength training? Honestly?

obviously not. Still even if it made you 70% as strong as a powerlifter you are better off in 99% of real world situations. Do you disagree?

Yes, in the context of this thread, which is saving other people. I'd much rather have a guy who trained for strength rescuing me or others than a calisthenics guy

>powerlifter
you do know these aren't the only people who do strength training, right? Why do you keep strawmanning?

>120lbs
>gymnast
Do you know how easy it is to do gymnastics at that small weight? Its like asking how a person who trains calisthenics and is also lightweight can do so many pull ups.

>Imagine having no clue what you are talking about
>Did gymnastics
Serious cope

because calisthenics can't train for strength, calisthenics means you do 100 pushups and 50 pullups.
Take dominic sky for example. He mainly does gymnastics strength training, with a bit of barbell stuff(mostly deadlifts). Imo this is the best combination of strength and athleticism.

OP doesn't lift
this.
t. fatty virgin

Why do calisthenics fags get so easily triggered baka

because they usually are skinny but want to be seen as someone who is strong. And yes, calisthenics people usually are small because it takes a long ass time to get big doing this stuff

>currently resting between sets of 80 lbs weighted dips
>t. 6'5 210 lb calisthenics fag

>couldn't save a 180 pound man
Sure am glad you did those weighted dips, lmao

Cardio is for those who want to live

Attached: 1562199321207.jpg (1080x943, 183K)

Look at this twig. Anyone who desires this is unironically gay

don't you want to live past 60 user-kun? go for a jog once a week would ya

Attached: 1562874372330.jpg (601x625, 73K)

Post body

>believing conditioning and strength training are mutually exclusive
on the contrary, my anime posting friend, I do believe everyone should jog at least 5-10 miles a week or do some form of HIIT cardio. Still not a fan of calisthenics.

Nice hypertrophy, it be a shame if some nerd was more able bodied.
Dysgenic roid apes btfo

Attached: GdN6rmKgMoj8sLgGQiuKABBXTmakNbKnFCzZohItbPE.gif (400x209, 1.39M)

>calisthenics guys pulls family up and down so he can finish his weighted set.

Keep dreaming, calitard

aesthetic virgin

The goal isn’t to get into a fight and win. It’s to be so big no one will want to fight you, cause you’re fucking huge

>2x bw second time you try is not impressive
post body and have sex

>the goal is to be a walking bluff
lmao

It's literally not because you aren't starting from scratch, you're starting from a "legit" athletic position, since you've done calisthenics. That is a pathetic lift for someone who claims to be "strong"

*Is shot*
*Is shanked*
Only a psychological buff

>2x BW squat
>you're starting from a "legit" athletic position, since you've done calisthenics
>calisthenics doesn't build legs
Can I ask what's the consensus? Is it shit for legs or not? Make up your mind

The powerlifter eats the family

> take the best aspects of all 3 and turn yourself into an alpha, reached peak human.

So you admit CrossFit is superior to everything else?
(this is a bait post but people will still be biting)

CrossFit is a nice way of training as it's literally supposed be a mix of different disciplines. The CrossFit that got popular (unsafe, shit form, chasing reps) is a travesty though

It’s called nuclear deterrent famalam
>kaboom

Attached: 7768CE78-4BFE-4AEE-BAB5-3F7A2A3D2EE2.gif (695x392, 2.24M)

Lmao at your life I got 2 guns right here

Attached: 93008410-4D05-4BCE-AED4-D16F34FC2CA7.jpg (210x241, 11K)

>The CrossFit that got popular (unsafe, shit form, chasing reps)
So... regualr standard CrossFit?
and those faggots over at the fit games aren't on a CrossFit training regime.

>So regular standard CrossFit?
Sadly yes. What I meant is that in principle (and as name suggests) CrossFit should be just that, a crossover of different forms of activity (Cali/lifting/endurance)

This all just sounds more like a cope to feel better about having gotten mogged by a bodybuilder. The reality is you should train to look good and be able to save yourself or your family.

Nice strawman. Point to me where I said calisthenics doesn't build legs

Nuclear deterrence is the ability to back up that threat. You're just a gambler with a good poker face.

Wasn't referring to you specifically mate. It's simply something that's thrown around a lot (yeah Cali can build upper body but it's shit for legs, yet his squat doesn't count because he did calisthenics beforehand ). The "you" was supposed to be plural

if you really think about it, everything is technically cope. Even killing yourself is cope

Fair enough

>Strength training is for those who want to have the ability to save their family
This. I started lifting because I wanted to be able to comfortably lift my at the time overweight girlfriend

What actually happened
>OP was trying to impress someone talking about lifting despite being 20% bf and only having large arms going for him
>Chad comes along and says he does calisthenics and looks 10,000 times better at 10% bf
>noone pays attention to OP anymore
>this thread was created

Attached: pepe_laughing.png (600x580, 360K)

>at the time overweight
God speed user

Nigger like I want the local thot who chases muscle heads. Enjoy that hotdog down a hallway

Training for strength has made me do pretty well with gay twinks.

Here it is folks. The nuclear cope. Of course you want that thot user, she just doesn't want you.

Attached: 1475465872525.jpg (680x684, 42K)

Did you succeed? Were you able to fuck her in mid-air?

Criminally underrated, u retards cant even squat/deadlift 2 plates without ur fucking belt and other shit gear. Also

Nigger I'm married. Why the fuck do I want some leftover trash?

He means half cripling yourself like a faggot and getting on several steroids and shortening your life by 25 years.
No, I'm dead fucking serious.

A man who can carry his weight in advanced movements is stronger and more fit and able then 90% of the men reading this thread.