What is Jow Forums's opinion of 'superfoods' like spirulina, goji and acai etc... Legit or horseshit?

Attached: 12345.jpg (1245x1199, 718K)

>superfoods

Attached: 1431852620539.jpg (370x327, 30K)

they're horseshit when gigafoods exist

All the people I know who eat all these fad "superfoods" are also the least healthy people I know. People who buy this shit typically buy it so they can get all their antioxidants from one source and waste their macros on ice cream and french fries.

Only thing I usually buy is goji berries because I like to eat it when I drink tea. Somehow cleans my palate.

You noticed any benefits from it other than plate cleansing?

I eat blueberries and nettles because they're local and I pick them myself.

Attached: 1562219913259.png (500x500, 36K)

Marketing gimmick used to sell shit.

>Something being called a superfood doesn't make it so
>But some foods probably are better than others, not all foods are equally good
>It's reasonable some foods could be substantially better than others
>Conceptually the concept then of a superfood is not implausible, whether in fact any particular food is a superfood would require a burden of producing pretty substantial evidence which most marketers have not met
>As there is no formal definition of a super food, literally anyone can call anything a super food so you should automatically be extra skeptical

Some of them are legit. All you have to know is how to Google studies.

the only superfoods that exist are

carrots
potatos
sweet potatos(orange and purple)
kidney
liver
chicken(whole)
clams/oysters/mussels

superfoods are foods that not only have amazing nutritional value but also are highly palatable and virtually nutritionally complete by themselves

there have been people who have eaten nothing but whole chicken(skin and carthilage and liver/heart) included and nothing else and were in perfect health
same thing with sweet potatos/potatos/carrots, very old experiments were made on rodents but also humans on starchy tuber only diets.

>the only superfoods that exist are
Damn I feel bad that you don't know anything about herbs.

What do you call this meme?

Is it even worth using them to supplement diet for extra mineral and antioxidants?

Additionally, lots of leafy greens that I grow myself, like kale. Salmon, nuts, legumes, mushrooms, seaweed, unflavored yogurt/kefir, rye bread, oats, olive oil. All of these count.

>muh antioxidants
>muh superfood
>rids muh body of toxins
just look at the people that fall for these fads and tell me if you think they're legit

Vegans don't count.

most of them are overhyped and overpriced, except maybe a few, like quinoa

Attached: quinoa.jpg (1000x1500, 115K)

you can't derive any meaningful ammount of calories or protein/carbs/fats from herbs, as such they can't possibly be classified as superfoods, superfoods are first and foremost fucking foods, meaning that they're supposed to nourish you
you're using the term incorrectly, maybe what you're looking for is supplements and not superfoods
worth using what?
dumb overpriced bullshit like herbs and useless exotic sounding shit sold at pharmacies and health stores?
no, it's a fucking waste of time
potatos have minerals and vitamins and and antioxidants, carrots do too, even meat has

>you can't derive any meaningful ammount of calories or protein/carbs/fats from herbs, as such they can't possibly be classified as superfoods, superfoods are first and foremost fucking foods, meaning that they're supposed to nourish you
>you're using the term incorrectly, maybe what you're looking for is supplements and not superfoods
I guess, that's just semantics though. The way I define "superfood" is a natural product you can eat which makes you healthier than before.

carrots make you healthier than you were on a fasted state because
they have a fuckton of phytochemicals that are made to protect the plant from dna damage, which our bodies can use to protect itself
phytonutrients like provitamin A and vitamin C, E and K, a fuckton of minerals, some amino acids and fatty acids and a good bunch of carbs
that's a superfood

I call it healthy living. Some call it grugposting.

Conflating consistently consumed antioxidants in the form of healthy, nutritious foods with detoxers who don't understand basic organ functions and are looking for a magic pill is very, very wrong. Only an idiot would believe in a juice cleanse making up for their greasy meatpie binge.

Attached: 1559444410176.png (288x273, 202K)

Quinoa is legit. I also like it better than rice, depending on my mood.

im not conflating anything. no shit antioxidants are healthy. i'm comparing the dipshits that hear acai is good for you so they chug a gallon of the shit to "cleanse" and expect to be able to run a marathon.

>eat your vegetables and good fats
Don't know about that one, bub. I saw a vegan praise it once. My dad said he'd beat me if he ever caught me thinking like a vegan. Better safe than sorry...

Well you clearly weren't able to convey your main point in your reply, especially with all general conflation.

Chlorella is the best hangover killer I've ever used. The catch is you need to take it right before you start drinking. Never had a hangover if I did that though, and that includes multiple instances of getting completely wasted on vodka and at least one time drinking 4 bottles of red wine.
t. slav

snake oil

Açaí is horse shit and you risk getting chagas disease
>yt. brazilian

Vegans coping desperately trying to find the non animal based product their body is missing that explains all the degeneration happening to them

>Beta carotene is shit when there are foods with actual retinol
>Vitamin C is only necessary when eating certain foods in order to prevent the damage that they cause
>Plant form of K is not the kind animals use

When will phytonutrientfags ever learn?

>The way I define "superfood" is a natural product you can eat which makes you healthier than before.
bottom of the barrel IQ right here

>muh grease and meat are bad
Fuck off vegan

THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE SUPERFOOD
TAKE THE DEENZ PILL TODAY

Attached: 715pfbbdC-L._SL1200_.jpg (1200x899, 232K)

I'm sorry that your IQ is that low, it must be hard.

I bought some flaxseed meal at the grocery store yesterday and mixed it into a protein shake.. is it worth it or nah?

>bieng so fat and retarded as a society that the concept of food being nutritious is branded a 'superfood'

KRATOM, BROTHER

sure it's fine. Good on omega's might want to check the macros though

>falling for buzzwords
go away, woman

>"superfoods"

Attached: 1464444554797.png (347x289, 141K)

This. The kind of people that refer to kale and avocado as "superfoods" rather than just "healthy food"... well you should be able to tell what their idea of an average diet is.

Apples. Don't forget apples.