Did the reasons you lift change since you began?

Did the reasons you lift change since you began?
What have the phases been?

Attached: FitGoesToTheGym.webm (640x640, 2.6M)

Yeh
At first I was just bored then I realized being 275 lbs of fat is not normal. Took a long time to realize it actually lol

Before
>Lift for general health/lose weight
After
>Lift so that I can take a nice sauna and cold shower after

>want to get big, healthy, look better than everyone etc
>keeps me on a path of physical improvement while deterring drinking, drugs, and frivolous spending

I started to lift because I herniated a disc and I was told that lifting weights can fix your back and prevent future injuries.

Now my back is in great shape and I have full mobility again. I lift and do cico to lose weight. I am finding it way more effective than cardio. (Although I still do cardio because it helps with my mental health)

Ive gone from 252 lbs to 210 since May.

>started in 2012 because I wanted a big chest
>get hurt in 2016 and started lifting for mai waifu
>still want a big chest
My next goal is to increase my The Press™ max.
I went from 3pl8 to 4pl8 bench in under a year so I want to see how much I can improve my The Press™ max before November.

Attached: 2f99ca22573f215f0bc71dfd283521e6.jpg (550x825, 189K)

I mostly lift now because I enjoy it. When I started I was extremely weak and lifting wasn't fun at all. It took a couple months to get to the point where I didn't feel like shit during/after workouts.

First 2 weeks
>Friends invited me so why not, do lots of research about fitness and realise i'm in denial about being a fat fuck
Next 3 months
>Lose weight, get up to a standard level of strength (Couldn't bench 20kg when i started)
Next 11 months up to now
>Get strong as fuck (by normie standards). Currently 150/100/200
Now
>Escape lanklet mode and actually make it look like I lift

start
>lift to get stronger
now
>lift to get big and also get stronger

at first for looks, now to maintain health and life longevity. also i only train for land speed and full body strength these days so i like to go fast

At first i did it for him.
Now i do it to look good enough to attract a wife and have 12 white children.

Attached: 1489500161655.png (400x602, 419K)

I guess the pretty standart reasons
>fat fuck, time to get in shape
Now its just
>ayyy lmao how far can i take myself on the gym meme trip
And general boredom

Hello sanic

Not much.
>started off because I was a spooky skellington and I dreamer bulked and convinced myself that I was lifting primarily for strength
>went on a cut after gaining close to 70# over the course of three years
>even after cutting I'm stronger than I'll ever reasonably need to be for my office job and the yard work that I do, and basically stronger than everyone I know that's not a gym rat
>start lifting for aesthetics and end up having a lot more fun at the gym
>switch to a powerlifting gym after moving to another city
>everyone has a total over 1200 written in chalk on the wall, some upward of 2000
>watch this mega strongfat dude squat 815#
>decide to focus a bit more on strength but not as ridiculous as before, says he's going to try for 865# at the competition coming up soon
Thanks for reading my shitty blog post.

I do it for him too. He's changed my life so much in such a positive way.

Attached: Adolf Hitler Thinking.jpg (500x700, 132K)

I started lifting to impress my gf at the time, but now I don't even know why I do it. I guess it's kind of fun

I started because I was fat and had health issues
Then now I keep doing it to look decent physically

>started for grills
>then started really enjoying it and did it for itself
>then couldn't fit it into my routine anymore after coming back from an exchange program
>back to where i started

Now i look at my body in disgust and try to use that to motivate me to get back into the gains train. I still want a gf too

Attached: 1536239929543.jpg (319x303, 81K)

Started lifting for girls.
Now I lift because it's fun and it makes me feel good.

before
>was fat and wanted to look better
Now
>it makes me happy

I stopped lifting cause I got married

Started again to cheat on her

Not joking btw. Shit gets weird when married.

Before : To make my ex gf seethe

Now : Spiritual reason and also to make my ex gf seethe

Reason didn't, the girl did though. :(

Just leave her.
Cheating is a dark and ugly path. Dont do it, man. For both your sakes

I lift to get dubs

lmao the kid in the red makes me crack up everytime

My reasons are more or less the same.
Before
>I did it for her because she is so cute!
After
>I still do for her but I now also do it to maintain my health so I can move around more when I get older. Also, so I can pick up heavy stuff when I have to.

Attached: 1539874831697.jpg (768x1024, 83K)

First I lifted to stop being fat.
Then I lifted to impress women.
Now I lift simply because I can.

>17: lift to be hot for gf
>18: lift because its 2016 and the race war is coming
>20: lift to get strong for when we have to become humble farmers after the race war
>21: lift to be better in the army in order to get free tactical training for the race war.

Attached: 81Q12SWpynL._SY606_.jpg (446x606, 49K)

i remember when i thought that was a lot of weight. kid needs a belt too

Before
>Lift to be able to pick up overweight people without demolishing my back or knees
After
>As above, but also because I'm terrified of becoming one of these overweight people.

I'm like 70% sure he's memeing.

I was sick of seeing cute girls or work opportunities and not doing anything. Lifting was a way to exercise my ability to actually do something

i started lifting for girls before realizing i don't even like them that much

now i lift for cute boys

>thinking theres gonna be a race war

ngmi

no they haven't

I started lifting for girls and continued lifting for girls 3 years later, until I realized it's all about the face

I stopped lifting three weeks ago

i lift for those who won't
i lift for those who cannot
so i can be strong if they need someone to be

Started lifting because I was fat and useless. Then I became less fat and more useful (i.e. much stronger).

Now I lift as a kind of spiritual discipline, a kind of artform, in order to challenge myself, and with a side benefit of health and a feeling of self-reliance.

Attached: IMG_20190707_205147.jpg (647x1025, 155K)

Great job user.

Hey that's my college gym

based

>began working out in middle school, on and off, mostly to attempt to beat the shit out of kids bullying me
>sort of worked
>now 24, lifting so I can overcome the degenerated state of the modern world, also habit and being able to do physical things easily
Forefathers were also pretty Jow Forums relatively speaking so I guess it's ancestor worship, too.
Going forward from here I want to gain another 10 to 15 lbs and really get to my realistic maximum. I've been plateaued for a while.

On December 2017 I went to a nutritionist and she told me I needed to lose weight 175 cm, 80kilos.
Started watching what I eat and swimming 4-5 days a week. 6 months later started lifting. Switched gyms on December 2018 to go to a better one.
I love feeling strong and healthy. I haven't made It yet, but I go at least 3 times a week and give it my all.
I'm currently 69 kilos, and preparing to run a 12K in September. Things are looking ok and I'm confident the future will be great

Can confirm the positive effects Hitler had on my life. His influence on my mind created a protective barrier between myself and the education I received in my private high school run by actual, legit communists, where half the students turned out gay or trans.
Anyway, I originally lifted for my idealized vision of girls, but now I do it because it's my hobby now and it's fun. Finding out that you can lift more this week than last week, even by a little, feels very rewarding and probably builds good character.

Attached: 1502790360807.png (541x529, 54K)

>girl blue balls me in HS
>Lose weight while running and doing lots of pull ups
>Go to college and don't get laid
>Play rugby so I think that if I stopped dieting I'd be better
>Stop caring and bulk 50 lbs in a matter of months
>Walking down the street to rugby practice for the first time after winter vacation
>Crossing the street when I hear "user get in"
>My rugby coach wants to give me a ride
>First thing he says is "Holy shit you're fat must gained at least 30 lbs"
>Finish the season being a fat fuck
>Come back home and my family is making fun of me for being fat
Now I'm lifting and dieting to stop the bullying. I've always had a lot of muscle in me so it's pretty easy to lift and cut at the same time. Seeing great muscle gains this summer

>Lift so that I can take a nice sauna and cold shower after
There may not be a better feeling in you can give yourself

>lose weight and get fit
To
>become the strongest so i can mog the most people possible

I lift to look good. I look good because I lift

Same except I first started to get rid of my manboobs, but later started lifting for my King, big deadlift number for pure ego, and try to get that good looking bear mode body. If the bear mode don't work out, then just cut for aesthetics.
Also, get that huge The Press™ number for me since I can't do that exercise.

Attached: sa.jpg (1200x1618, 717K)

yes, at first I wanted abs and ottermode so I did dumbbell PPL at home for like 6 months. Now I just want to get big and strongk because ottermode is for weak faggots

Before:
>be able to press my gf
Now:
>be able to press my dad

When I first started
I didn't like the way my body looks

Now
Don't like the way my body looks even more so, despite what people have said, and now it's a habit to go

>grandfather lift a camel from a well when he was young
>always scolds me for being skinny and weak
>got sick when he reached 100
>stronk young doctor came to visit him to treat him
>grandfather held the doctor's hand tightly when he's about to give him a syringe and dared him to break free
>he couldn't
>grandfather smiled and let him go
>died disappointed of how skinny and weak I am.
I want to lift to become stronk and make his soul proud of me.

>Learned the basics in high school. >Enjoyed it a lot and liked being strong
>After a few years of little strength progress (focusing more on road cycling) I decided I wanted to be really strong.
>Told myself I was building muscle to be a stronger cyclist
>ran stronglifts and got chubs
>got more depressed than usual, stopped with the gym, and just stagnated
>gf of many years broke up with me
>started lifting again to put myself back together
>I realize the barbell has always been there for me
>finally move on to intermediate programming and start cutting weight
>lifting is my life now, finally feel free with no useless normie gf dragging me down

I was hesitant about lifting before, but I have my priorities straight now. I just fucking love it. I am however, slightly motivated by spite now. It feels good to know that (with her lifestyle), odds are my ex is ballooning up while I just get hotter and hotter

>Started lifting to get a gf
>fucked some random girls for a while
>picked a girl i liked the most for my gf
>realise i still wanna fuck around
>currently lifting to fuck even hotter random girls

This, feels so good bro.
Once you've started there's no turning back

when i first started it was for women and because i enjoyed the pump, but it quickly became for myself

>started lifting because I was tired of being skinnyfat and missed my natural ottermode days of my youth
>after a year or so of bulking and cutting and being constantly disappointed with how I look I realize I just wanted to get my shapely form back so I could wear thighhighs and look good in women's underwear again
>now just do thot excercises, bodyweight, core and cardio.
>havnt touched the bench in months
>get constant confused sideeyes from the other gym regulars who used to push me to beat me PB

Feels good bois

>Started because I wanted to be less of a spooky skeleton
>Now exercise to keep my skeleton from destroying itself

Double whammy of connective tissue disorder and my hips being shaped wrong means that I need muscle around major joints to keep them from grinding away all the ligaments.

Attached: u4oLNDS1r5d6kl_500.png (500x365, 300K)

i started lifting because i was a fat piece of shit and i got tired of feeling like i had the body of a little boy

now i do it because i enjoy the progression and it keeps my head right and helps me feel like i'm pointed in a productive direction

stage 1
>i’m interested in fitness (did martial arts and other shit as a kid)
stage 2
>i wanna get big
stage 3
>i wanna be strong
stage 4
>i wanna be hot
stage 5
>i like increasing my numbers
stage 6
>i don’t know what else i would do

the fucking bearded guy on the left should get the fucking Oscar for best supporting actor holy shit

Pls share name of the guy deadlifting

before
>lift bc i was fat and wanted gf
now
>need to go everyday or something in my mind is telling me im not trying as hard as i could be. Like i could be a little bit better if i went and trained today

Attached: 1561528760508.png (1398x925, 644K)

gd faggot!

Share source of vid?

Which college

Yes I got wind of her never coming back with me so that was out but I liked my new self so I do it for me now.

Attached: as.jpg (1080x1349, 195K)

That's crazy good! Keep it up.

That's you when you first enter the gym. You're just a dyel who's doing starting strength. Then you become the second guy. You've got some muscle but you're full of yourself and you do some retarded routine that doesn't get you anyway. Finally you become the guy up the front. You've swallowed your pride and are ready to make it

>start because I want to look cool
>carry on because lifting is fucking sweet and I love doing it

Started out when i was a very young fag (middle school). Didn’t really have much a reason back then other than “I’m fat. I don’t want to be fat”. Now my reasons have more evolved to being the best i can possibly be. I don’t want to be some fat and lazy neet who is forgotten. I want to be that alpha, who everyone glances at, in awe at his strength and will power. It sounds petty seeking social status. But it is ingrained in our DNA to want to be alpha. It is as God intended. That is why i lift broski’s. To be stronger physically and mentally.

>If the bear mode don't work out, then just cut for aesthetics.
Fool-proof plan.
>Also, get that huge The Press™ number for me since I can't do that exercise.
I used to hate it but it just feels good all of a sudden.
I think all the benching I did had a bit of carryover since I find it much easier to do from this time last year.
I'd like to get an 'Elite' The Press™ but that number starts at 285lbs and I'm probably not going to get that before November.
I'd be happy with 255lbs though.

just wanted to spend some time with friends so i tagged along even tho i had zero interest 2 years later everyone stopped and i'm now alone again still have zero interest or goal i don't even know why i lift

>friend makes some decent gains working out in a basement "gym" owned by a roidmonkey
>get motivated to start there too
>realize I really enjoy working out
>quit roidmonkey gym and join a proper one
>get some more gains
>discover Jow Forums
>gains explode through the roof
>discover /fast/
>go from borderline obese to almost normal bmi
I still lift for the same reasons I did when I started, but I wouldn't reach this far if I didn't enjoy the process.

Stared lifting to stop feeling miserable in my body.
Lost weight, gained muscle, feel good.

Continue to lift because I want to look as good as I'm feeling and don't want to get old and miserable again.

>/fast/ yet also gains
how

I didn't make gains while fasting. First I made gains, basically a recomp, started to progressively fast more and more.

Before
>lose 20kg and become zyzz
Now
>basically the only thing that keeps me from blowing my brain out as everything in my life is spiraling out of control, and this is the only thing which I feel like I truly have control over :)

Go back samefag

Just don't reply to it

I started lifting because i was weaker than the average guy, now i lift to be stronger than the storng guys

Attached: 1558680511274.png (1360x768, 816K)

>lift for girls
>lift for one girl
>lift for girls again
>lift to become the Übermensch

That fucking jacket i swear.

>start lifting for girls
>became more and more misogynistic with years
>now lifting only for STRENGTH

To begin with I did it because my job was making me tubby

Now I do it to see the numbers rise and if I don't then I fall into depression and I self sabotage the rest of my life

>Phase 1
Lift to spite oneitis that rejected me.

>Phase 2
Lift to get into the military.

>Phase 3
Lift to make the pain go away.

>Phase 4
Lift to set an example for those under and around me that even a lowlife can become stronger when applied properly.

It's been a wild ride, and it's not even over yet. I spoke to a senior enlisted the other day, because I was doubting my physical limit. He told me the only limit there is is the one I set myself, and that if need be, I have to lie to myself until I break it - truth via deception. Kids need a hero. I'll fill that role.

Based and high test

>all those fags who started lifting for girls
I started lifting because I was disgusted with myself. And I still am, my journey is far from over.

I lift so I can throw people through windows and intimidate fatty and subhuman people I have to work with so they don’t question me.

>then
"people lifting for girls are dumb, I lift for health and gains are a reward of their own."
>now
became confident thanks to my gains, girls picked up on the confidence, became complacent and lost my zeal followed by my gains followed by the girls and my confidence

now I lift for girls, ironically. the blessing of the virgin in not somatically knowing what you're missing out on.

Attached: 1448915013347.png (240x255, 91K)

Started cuz I can't enjoy food and was eating body building meals anyways.

Keep lifting because it keeps the depression away.

I regret reading ur post.

First it was to get women, but when that didn't change anything it was to become comfortable in my own skin.

Yeah I started lifting to get strong as fuck. And I did get pretty strong. 5plate diddly, 4plate squat, 3plt bench. But it was mostly ego. I didn't do the lifts perfectly tho I wasn't some cat-backing piece of shit, but I started getting little nags after my lifts. Not pains, but annoyances.
Around the same time I switched to a power lifting gym that was cheaper yet had better equipment. And also had better, strong lifters. I went from being the absolute strongest guy at my gym to probably middle of the road. Just another guy benching 3 plates, nothing to see.
Those little niggles I was having started to turn into pains. Sometimes for just the day, sometimes for the week. I added in accessories just to balance out my muscles.
When I was doing accessories I felt like a little bitch. I was doing facepulls and the like -- a bunch of cable work -- but like 50lbs or 70lbs or something small and nothing like the 515 I could pull off the ground. But no one paid me any mind. My body started feeling better and I added in some stretches.
After a while my body was feeling balanced. I stopped lifting as hard because I didn't want to unbalance it. It took like 3 months for all the minor aches and pains to go away and I didn't want to revisit that segment of my life. I wanted to just be healthy. So, I started running.
Somewhere in all of this I realized that I'm just fucking strong. Stronger than 90% of people that have ever lived most likely. Stronger than probably 99% of the most powerful people that have ever lived, kings and politicians.
I realized that strength is just one "stat" that I was maxing and there's a lot to be good at in the gym. Flexibility, body weight/core fitness, cardio, HIIT, strength, and probably other things. This weird sort of clarity came over me. I quit my job, went back to school, got a PhD, and continued to strive.
I lift for myself now. To keep myself in balance.

not really, started because i liked the feeling of losing weight and decided i wanted to have muscle and be strong as well, glad i did though, i only wish i started sooner

Sure at first it was a means to an end and my body was the end result.

Now I alter my body and what's on the bar is the end result.

>Lifting for looking better while naked

>Looking better while naked, still look like shit. Keep lifting

>why am I not attractive to women? I'm small. That is unmanly
>I must lift to be more appealing to women
>women prefer fit men for a reason
>being fit feels great
>I enjoy being able to move myself and the environment around me
>The average human, 70 years ago, looked like a fit man from today
>modern life is antithetical to normal human health. to have any quality of health today you must go out of your way to be limber, mobile, and train yourself to properly use your feet, legs, and jaw