So what are the best rep ranges to get big?

So what are the best rep ranges to get big?

Attached: IMG_20190722_235648.jpg (720x920, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y3_OrbHvcnQ&t=203s
strongerbyscience.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/
renaissanceperiodization.com/hypertrophy-training-guide-central-hub/
youtu.be/yXt2R6E__wA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reading the sticky X 10

SS+GOMAD

15 pushes you to the limit. At least aim for 15.

Tran hard, eat clen

I do mostly 8-12.

As long as it's more or less than 7 you should be fine. Never do 7 though, it's a dead zone

1 rep of steroids

Attached: F6E8CCE0-2796-4900-AA62-2BB149685EB3.jpg (640x640, 183K)

8-15

5 sets of 5 reps, sometimes 10 sets of 5 reps
Get big and strong
Mog others at gym

This body type is honestly not attractive

1-5

mostly 8-15 with some strength work in the 1-5 range mixed in

All of them, but mostly 8 and up.

start with 3-5 until you can lift more than 8 and then increase the weight until its back at 3-5 and repeat

3-30

the sticky fucking sucks you tard.
OP strength equals size. so prioritize progressive overload in the 3-5 rep range so you can move heavier weight for your higher rep range work. if you can take your bench from 185-275 your chest shoulders and triceps will get bigger, there's simply no way they won't.

Full motion pump from behind daily.

Attached: 734722.jpg (1440x1150, 466K)

No homo I would dine upon that dudes asshole

15 to 20 reps 3 - 4 sets

Attached: 1555935995059.jpg (888x894, 68K)

>strength = size
lmao

Depends on how strong you are. 20 for the cock diesel motherfuckers. 5 for dyels. 6-8 for your average study participating weightlifter.

>strength equals size

There are little girls who can out lift your dumb ass.

Attached: training for strength.png (767x431, 121K)

kek someone post the graph

Scientifically proven.

Attached: 4chan fit science.png (839x904, 479K)

5 HEAVY AS FUCK REPS WITH SHAKY ARMS AFTER WITCH YOU GET FUCKING DIZZY AND OUT OF BREATH

Tren hard, eat big

If you've never blacked out diddlying or The Press™ing you're not pushing yourself hard enough

this but unironically?
I don't know I do 3x5 on big lifts and always aim for the biggest I can lift while reaching the 5 reps, and being incapable of doing the 6th

4 sets going from 8 reps down to 1/2
1 set of 10/12 reps at the end

Best of all worlds fight me

>sumo
okie dokie

3-50 rep range

youtube.com/watch?v=y3_OrbHvcnQ&t=203s

Exactly 7

Detailing this thread to ask for advice because there's no /sqt/ up.
>be skinnyfat dyel beta
>haven't done any exercise in almost 7 years
>sign up for gym
>went three times
>173cm/5'8" 70kg/155lbs
>been doing the following on the machines:
>10 reps of tricep pushdown with 25kg
>10 reps of seated bicep curl with 20kg
>10 reps of shoulder press with 12kg
>10 reps of chest press with 24kg
>10 reps of seated row 28.5kg
>10 reps of pectoral fly with 33kg
>10 reps of fixed pulldown with 31kg
>10 reps of "iso lateral chest/back" with 12.5kg for each hand
>10 reps of low row with 26kg
>10 reps of assisted chin ups with 28.5kg of assistance (so 40% of my bw)
>10 reps of assisted dips with 33kg of assistance (almost half of my bw)
>all of this times 5
>failed to do 10 reps on some machines in the last round and had to stop at 7 or 9 because my hands just wouldn't move
>trying to eat 2600 kcal and 150g of protein every day
Any observations on this? What's the best and fastest way to double these weights?

>detailing
Fuck I mean derailing

Attached: fuck.jpg (628x489, 24K)

hahaha idiot moron dummy

1-3

Attached: HZ0pBtT.png (417x348, 176K)

I'm sorry

roids, sarms etc...

Any way to roid without fucking up your hairline? I'm only 21 but I'm already a norwood 2, I'd rather not accelerate it

>Any observations on this? What's the best and fastest way to double these weights?
Do sets of 5 instead of 10, take longer rests and cut the exercise selection in half. Beginners do not need a million different isolations, they need to squat, deadlift, press and pull (chin-up or barbell row). Ditch the assisted chin-ups as soon as you can do 1 unassisted rep.

Studies have shown that 3x12 is pretty good so i would stick with that.

Strength is not very relevant to mass.

>Do SS and fail to get big
Lol

>5 instead of 10
Okay. I should set the weight so I can just about manage 5 right? Like a 6th rep would be really really hard and the 7th impossible. Am I getting this right?
>squat
I'd rather not, I used to row and run so my glutes and thighs are disproportionately large, girls sometimes make remarks on it and laugh at me so I'd rather not start lower body until I'm at least somewhat proportional.
>1 unassisted rep
Okay, see you in 5 years h-haha

strongerbyscience.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/

>bodybuilding before repping 1/2/3/weightedpullups
Stop it.

How the fuck do I get there without lifting first? I'm weak as fuck, I can't just start doing sets of 0 reps of weighted pull ups and magically develop strength.

Start by doing Starting Strength or Stronglifts, both are designed to create a strength base to start up from. After you're starting to plateau on the major lifts, you can switch to a different program, by which point you should've educated yourself on intermediate programs. Whatever you do, start Squatting, Bench Pressing, Overhead Pressing and Deadlifting.

wow, an asian guy doing low reps with giant lower body and no upper body can pull a decent dead, what a shock

>NOOO i'm not weak!!!! he just has better genetics for deadlifting!!! it's unfair :((
cringe

Follow a beginner program and progress to it. Then do pump workouts and shit when you got something worth pumping.

Nooooo stop trying to bait me into SS and squats I already look like a fucking frog

least I'm not some dyel shitposter who lives for dopamine hits.

amazing how many assumptions you made about a person from one Jow Forums post lmao
could it be that you're projecting your own insecurities onto me?

Genetics mean literally everything you retard, the fact that this thread is filled with faggots who unironically believe that strength =/= size for most people means that DYEL's lurk amongst us. If you did the same shitty "hypertrophy" exercises without increasing weight, sets, reps or decreasing rest time for the rest of your life you will look the exact same

>Genetics mean literally everything you retard
clearly they don't you retard because good genes are worth absolutely nothing if you don't work out

idk how the rest of your post is even related to what i said lol

Stop getting memed. SS is a good program if you're not too fat and retarded to read it and do it right. There's also other programs. I like SL5X5.
Also, sets of 5 won't make big legs bigger. Don't be skipping your squats, they're a testosterone fueled gift from God.

What's up with all these skinny Asian guys having incredible lifts?

Attached: asian guy explaining.jpg (425x292, 23K)

>help my guys my bizarre homemade 5x10 isolations only circuit isn't producing strength gains
>I'm a routine expert though, so I know I can write off SS/SL
???????????

Looking at the scientific data, 5 minimum in sets, but 10 seems optimum though there's not much of a variance between them as long as you're going heavy enough.

>isn't producing strength gains
Yeah because I've only done it three times dumbass.
I'm not a routine expert I just want to avoid any kind of lower body shit until I get my proportions in order

>OP asks to get big
>posts SS which makes you a frog
5 rep range SS achieves literally fucking nothing

anything but 7

see

there are no magic rep range for building muscles, use every rep range, try do a 50 rep set with light weihgt and your muscles are so full of blood you cant do shit for 5 minuts, thats a warm up now increase weight

Heavy weight x 10

If you can do 15 reps, you can lift far heavier

>Sumo with mixed grip
Okay

currently doing 5x15 and seeing gains after being stalled on 3x10s

Finasteride

Do your fucking squats. They don't exclusively produce lower body mass. They are a full body exercise that hit your core, back, and chest as well.

Thats 295 lbs you retards. 25 lb plates

You are forgiven

>chest as well.
squat cucks are disgusting, unless you're a bitch, squats shouldn't be your favorite or most performed exercise

>strength equals size

Attached: 9234823947235235.png (451x805, 675K)

Nice bait but as a psa to all the dyels ITS 25 KILOS AKA HEAVIER THAN 45S

Fpbp

I was doing greyskull and my end lifts (all for 5) were
120 ohp
180 bench
225 squat
300 deadlift

I was not seeing linear gains anymore and my workouts were taking too long. Am I premature in switching to an intermediate program?

All you need is a couple pushups and sit-ups per day, bro. Abs are made in the kitchen.

Oh, he's got plenty of size alright

Absolute failure at 6-8 for upper body, 8-10 for legs

Cope

kek

You got us all wrong. It's our least favorite excercise and we realized that this means we probably really need it.

whos the hunk in OP

lol strength does not = size. if it did i woudnt be benching 305 with 16 inch arms and 18% BF.

fuck that. volume buids size.

tren

Squats are necessary if you want aesthetic legs and a juicy ass.

It does nothing for your upper body, but if you don't squat at least 2x a week you're a faggot.

all rep ranges for maximum gains.
with isolation movements i train each muscle group two times per week, once 4x8 and once 4x12 and i always finish with a burnout set of 25-30 reps.
and at the end of each month i do singles on compound movements and try to shoot for a new PR. the only rule i use to calculate 1rm is that your 3rm is 90% of your 1rm

He probably isn't doing that much ohp or upper back because he is a powerlifter. But has relatively big legs because he is strong at deadlift atleast

He's got great legs, he's Asian, they get compact strong muscles, but you can still tell he lifts. If he was doing upper body work he'd look like he lifted.

No joke since i watched the videos he made i've made huge progress on my delts which used to be my weakest point

renaissanceperiodization.com/hypertrophy-training-guide-central-hub/

Attached: Mike-Israetel_big.jpg (390x390, 25K)

i dont fucking know but I was doing 60 kg on the leg press today and this asian dude from before was doing 200kg it made no sense for he was about my same size

youtu.be/yXt2R6E__wA

4x10
4x12
depends on what i do

8-12
If you can do more than 12 reps you should increase volume