/plg/ powerlifting general

/plg/ powerlifting general

Attached: 74190531-BD0D-4443-9F54-1DAF28C5F493.png (923x713, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

barbellmedicine.com/blog/12-ways-to-skin-the-texas-method/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll post it again. What can I do to bench with a good arch (not necromorph tier tho) AND keep my feet flat? I have fucking long legs and arms, so my bench sucks, and keeping my feet flat just makes it worse since I lose all my leg drive.

Attached: tumblr_inline_p9roswCq3R1r3ip7z_500.jpg (500x321, 79K)

Just get stronger and bigger. Leg drive doesn't mean shit if you have a twink upper body

You need to maintain your knees being lower than your hips. How wide or narrow is your foot placement?

Pretty narrow, heels under the bench. Should I widen it and/or try weight lifting shoes?

I have 42,5% bf, 6' tall, so i decided to become powerlifter.
Girls like strong guys right?
I just have to go to gym, slam some weights on barbell and start beating the shit out of floor right?
Do i have genetics for this or i have too low bf%?

Attached: 1563794690002.png (763x782, 271K)

>long limbs
Muscle mass and getting stronger will help you more than trying to egolift.

Git gud

Cut.

That's what I'm doing overall, I'm just trying to fix my foot stance.

Either or could work, it depends on your build. Have any pictures or videos?

I don't, but I have the lanklet build with slightly wider hips and shoulders, something like Cailer Woolam, same set up, narrower grip.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 172K)

Pull your shoulderblades together and flex your ass and don't force the curve of your back.

Then put your feet wherever the fuck you want because they literally don't matter.

Is it worth adhering to the powerlifting school of thought if I don't compete?

I hear a lot of people say there is no point but if you're trying to chase numbers for personal bests then it seems reasonable enough.

I used to think some people who said that were trying to tell me that powerlifting is harder on the joints and thus that if I dont compete I am just needlessly damaging myself. But that sounds like bullshit.

I wanted to see you specifically to see if you were compromising your foot arch to get more dorsiflexion. Try a wider stance first. I personally used to use heels and now I use flats. I have an insanely narrow stance, but I usually see bigger/longer dudes have a wider foot stance.

No. You should be focusing on strength training.

Powerlifting is about demonstrating maximal strength on a single repetition and cheating range of motion on the day of a meet.

There are a lot of powerlifters who aren't strong

>compromising your foot arch to get more dorsiflexion

lmao what does that even mean, you think he is gonna collapse his arch and bend his ankle too far or something? Its the bench there is no appreciable weight on his feet.

I'll try both tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks m8.

I used to do it myself. It's not about "bending your ankle too far", it's that doing this to force dorsiflexion will not allow your feet to be flat. I almost bombed in comp because of this.

Do what?
Compromise your foot arch to force dorsiflexion?

You realize that this sentence literally doesn't make sense right? There is no compromised arch of the foot in any kind of benching scenario period.

Yet another nationwide blackout today. Still managed to train and hit a solid set of 325x5 squat fatigued out of my mind.

Fuck man I dont what to loose more fucking training time. Hope this only lasts for today.

Depending on what failure scenario were dealing with here it should take from 2 to 12 hours to get the power back up. Its already been 3 and the fucking stooges running the national electric company simply dont know what to do and will probably take days before they fix this.

The government already said theyre dealing with "electromagnetic attacks" so theres very little hope

Not this fucking nightmare again ffs

Confirmed for not understanding how leg drive works. If you let your ankles cave, the arch of your foot will be flat against the floor, and the rest of your foot will not be in contact with the floor. If you push hard enough with leg drive, you can make your ankles cave if your stance is narrow enough and you don't focus on keeping the weight on the outside of your feet.

Squuuuuuuish SPLOOOOOOOOSSH BRPFT SPLAPLOPPP PLOP SPLASH!

Squuuiissshh sploooshhh

Splooooosh gluuurdunk

Norman khan

Drop

Ew gross

V

Westside Vs The World

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e25f6bb3348b561f6a46fd6825a5c0302a5b2f05&dn=Westside%20Vs%20The%20World&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fopen.tracker.thepiratebay.org%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.torrent-downloads.to%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fdenis.stalker.h3q.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fdenis.stalker.h3q.com%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sumotracker.com%2Fannounce

BTW everyone, pointing your toes forwards removes most of these little issues on bench press

What adjustments should I make to my squat stance if I have extremely "toes-out" feet (feet point really far outwards when knees are forward)?

Yeah, that's what fixed it for me after some experimenting

>have begun to dislike the taste of my protein shakes
>infinitely prefer the dinners i make
>would rather just eat chicken and onions twice a day
>but it costs way way more
fuck bros

just drink it with cold milk

R8 and H8 5/3/1 Texas Method:
Main Lift: 5/3/1 + FSL 3x5, except on DL where I do jokers
+
Complementary Lift (ie, bench after press, squats after deads): 5x5 @ 80% of TM, except after squats where I'd do 3x5 of pause deads
+
2 accessories (Chins and rows on upper days, yoke and abs on lower days)

4 days a week with conditioning done on off days.

Sure. I've basically run that. It works.

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king.

Attached: 1525986507639.png (270x344, 52K)

Looks solid, how is that Texas Method tho?

Will you vote for Trump bench poster?

Good morning I hate waking up before midday

Attached: 1541056373095.jpg (627x431, 55K)

>tfw get up Mon-Fri at 06:20 to prepare lunch and go to work.

If I did 1x5 intensity bench, then 3x5 press and 3x5 close grip incline, would that be too much?

>no percentages listed
How the fk are we supposed to know

Hope at least you make a lot of money, guy

Intensity is a PR, other two are at 75-80

Sounds like you have no clue what youre doing

Nah, law intern atm, job only gives me money to cover food and fuel expenses as I am volunteer (205 euros because Balkan). I like it though as working from 07-15 is comfy because it's always sunny when I go back home.

I make some more money by training brother and a buddy in home gym so it's alright (wanna upgrade my home gym with excellent power bar for a start, ssb bar and maybe cable machine later). Do hope to make some better money in 2-3 years when I pass the Bar exam.

Why is that?

not even him, but if you think 35 reps is "too much", you need to do some serious volume and not that TM shiite.

Start with low wegihts and progress a fuckton of volume, ie 5x12 bench.

>plg
>TM shiite

1st for almost passing out.

Attached: VID_20190723_18-VideoToMp4.webm (480x853, 1.52M)

solid squat mechanics. you have optimal forward knee travel, any more too much quad, any less too much back

That aside could be a little tighter. How much is that, 4pl8?

Yeah 4 plate,

I'll be honest that bar is pretty shitty and the floor is kinda uneven so not the most optimal conditions.

Gave blood yesterday so ended up really light headed on that last rep, but 4 reps is a pr at that weight. Wanted 5 though.

Thats okay man, youre mechanics are good, make sure to never change them due to whatever reason

Thanks dude.

Excreting some Norman khan rn

got some weird fuckign shit with my shoulder, benching with an arch hurts my left shoulder no fucking reason

benching with no arch doesnt hurt at all, guess I'll do this for a while. Feels comfy though except for the fact it costs me about 10kg of my max

How do I figure out the correct bar placement on my chest? I did my first two sets yesterday right below the nipple and they felt very hard, then I did my last set right where my upper abs start and the difference was huge, although the shortening of the ROM isn't particularly big. Thoughts?

Going to depend on your grip width and elbow flare, as well as just figuring out where you feel strongest.

>powerlifting

Attached: 1542886219820.png (1024x768, 1.29M)

It's the opposite for me, the arch saves my shoulders, weird. Maybe you're rounding them or something. Just do what you're comfortable with.

You can bench flat back in comp. I don't see many arch-lords at the local level. The ones that do usually have shit deadlifts/squats.

I have about a shoulder width grip and quite the flare.
Would you say it's worse if I place it on my belly because e.g. that's not putting enough stress on my pecs?

This is classic VOLEM over-thinking

I'm not yet intermediate

VOLEM is a state of mind, not a training age

> 2 hour session in a 30c. feather
i feel like death

>feather
I'm so tired rn lmao

Attached: 1552116025139.jpg (544x680, 62K)

So what would you do?

Played pickup basketball last night and didn't feel much but this morning my knee is absolutely beyond fucked I can't do shit

I just got over an injury to my other knee too :( time to become a bench only

Generally the more you flare the higher you touch, but if you feel stronger with a lower touch then go for it

>go to gym
>start working out
>become violently depressed
>go home

Nice blog

>what would you do?
Focus on getting stronger instead of stressing about shit that doesn't matter right now.

thanks

Attached: 400.png (500x500, 307K)

Just kidding it sucked ass

wtf I thought this was the Powerful Love General

Nah, the gays ruined that.

>Tfw I just did deadlifts for the first time in 2 months and I could still pull 4pl8

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

lifting can do strange things to your hormones. I bet if you would've finished your workout you would've felt fine after.

can i do ramping up set just like madcow 5x5 in volume day texas method??

>barbellmedicine.com/blog/12-ways-to-skin-the-texas-method/

Idk
t. VOLEM

where do I find the books again? There was an anonfile or something collection

In my experience, ramping sets are better bang for your buck for strength development, but for general strength and hypertrophy, sets across are superior, especially if you were going to follow things up with an intensity day later in the week

This is the Prussia Lives General.

Can't find this when I google? What author?

If you have to ask you will never know

Try Amazon.com

ughhhh cringe meme

Happend to me once, was on my second set of squats and out of the blue got so depressed I had to pack my things and hurriedly leave.

But again, I have a tendency to depression.

How to save powerlifting.

1. Ban sumo pull
2. Ban sumo squat
3. Add press in addition to/instead of bench
4. Normalise all lifts before summing them
5. No gear other than one-ply knee straps
6. All lifters have to be able to run 100m in 15 seconds to compete
7. Ban roids
8. Maximum body fat is 20%

Or just ignore it cause comps are boring as fuck bar the 9 minutes of the day youre on the platform.

Weakest bait I've ever seen

Attached: s4c0a6qo8va31.png (857x701, 36K)

Fuck off faggot. You probably don't even compete

you realise many comps actually do most of that stuff other than the running/bf checks?

>I have a tendency to depression.
Nice built-in excuse to not try hard.

not him but lmao depression is biological

Way to make powerlifting even more boring and niche. Bravo.

What's boring about powerlifting is obese guys moving a bar 5 inches to their fat bellies with a rubber shirt on and calling it a bench press

>depression is biological
Lol.

Okay, tumblerina. How did mankind ever make it this far if every third dude had to stop and cry all the time? Lmao.

When you're actually at the meet competing, it's not too bad.

What you are doing is complaining on the internet while not competing at anything besides being a gigantic faggot

i've never had depression myself but i think you're mistaking depression for being upset or crying. depression is what middle aged men who commit suicide get.

Making a series of unfullfilling life decisions, then taking the coward's way out because of regret is not depression.

Mate you're not actually saying anything of value. Yes people make mistakes then they get depressed. At that stage though it's still depression. Easy for you to call them cowards but the fact still remains, they are biologically depressed and that's hard to deal with, hence suicide.